Monster house

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Monster house

Postby Tidus20 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:45 am

I just saw this movie, because I never saw it before but I went over to my friends' house and I saw it. I thought the animation was really awesome. What are your thoughts?
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:05 am

The animation I thought was awesome. It would have been awesome if they had put it in 3D while it was in theatres or whatever. Other than that though i thought it sucked. Mostly cause I was looking forward to seeing it for ages after seeing the trailer but the movie was such a let down... the animation was amazing though
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:03 am

It was an okay movie in my book. John Heder was hilarious. Too bad he was only in the movie for a couple minutes. It was a very strange movie overall, and not quite as funny as I had hoped. It's worth a rent, though.
TrigunX89

Postby beau99 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:22 am

Scarecrow wrote:It would have been awesome if they had put it in 3D while it was in theatres or whatever.

They did.

People who saw it said the 3D version was really scary and not for the faint of heart.
beau99

Postby Tommy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:49 am

I planned on seeing it in 3D, but it was nearly impossible to get to an Imax cinema.

I liked up until their horrible explanation for why the house is alive.
Tommy

Postby Mega.EXE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:12 am

Blech it was a bad movie. Of course I saw it after I watched Curious George (Not my idea mind you) and Curious George was better (Even though it still stunk)
Mega.EXE

Postby Tarnish » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:13 am

Well, I enjoyed it. Mostly because I knew very little about it and had heard it was horrible, so I wasn't expecting much.
On the whole, it was extremely forgettable, but still a fun time-waster.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:25 am

It was alright. Not great
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:42 pm

I haven't seen it, and don't plan to do so. Why would it be any different than the other CGI "comedy" movies that are made in excess just so the company can get money? I'm looking forward to Pixar's next one.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:35 pm

Actually... compared to most of that CGI crap, this was gold... er... silver. Pixar is gold of course... I guess if its a decent cgi movie youre looking for, Id say this is one of the better ones. Its a bit darker than most and could have been awesome. But it wasn't dark enough for my taste and the story was really weak (monster house posessed by some dead old lady who eats everything that goes by and the kids just play "dectectives"... and thats it. I wanted a much more complex storyline than something simple). I was expecting too much and walked away sorely disappointed.
Scarecrow

Postby beau99 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:35 am

Ack.

I hadn't seen it yet and didn't want to be spoiled.

beau99

Postby termyt » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:13 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:I haven't seen it, and don't plan to do so. Why would it be any different than the other CGI "comedy" movies that are made in excess just so the company can get money? I'm looking forward to Pixar's next one.

This made me laugh for some reason.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby TallasLint » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:01 am

I saw it with a friend, expecting it to be terrible, and ready to laugh at it. It was terrible. There was really only one part I liked, and that's where a kid gets hit in the face with a basketball and runs around screaming "MY NOSE IS IN MY BRAIN" (or something to that effect). However, the animation was amazing, and had the plot been good, I would have really enjoyed the movie.
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:57 pm

beau99 wrote:Ack.

Whoops sorry =/ Its actually pretty obvious early on but anyway.... my bad... really the spoiler would be WHY is she possesing the house.
Scarecrow

Postby Stephen » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:02 am

Beau99 wrote:Ack.

Thanks

Most times, it is best to avoid threads with titles of shows you have not seen yet if you are worried about having it spoiled. This is the internet, where 90% of people spoil everything...
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment