What does Adult swim REALLY think of Americans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:33 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The fact of the matter one can never compare a high quality anime series with a bunch of crappy cartoons.

MSP wrote:What if I started saying that people who enjoyed watching hundreds-of-some episodes of Inuyasha lacked good taste in Anime and was too dumb to appreciate something non-mainstream and philosophical like Paranoia Agent?

I think he just did. Although I wouldn't call Inu-yasha high quality. I find it to be just the opposite.

mitsuki lover wrote:And I have read comments by certain people here and on other forums that bashed Inuyasha just as badly or worse so let us not get on a high horse here.

I'd also like to see you get off your high horse]Of course the reason why the 'comedies' are so popular is that they appeal to the sort of stupid person who thinks pro-wrestling is rea.[/quote]

Oh, and please work on the grammar and spelling. It's hard to read some of it coherently.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tommy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:34 pm

No one mentioned the fact that Robot Chicken is an amazing show. I honestly think Robot Chicken is the only good original AS show but I haven't seen ATHF yet so my opinion there applies for nothing.

The anime they put on there are usually good. I've been following P.Agent and I like it, but it has my least favorite OP of ALL TIME. Not that this bears relevance to the topic, I just wanted to get it off my chest somewhere.

Family Guy is an amazing show which is why AS has it in their line-up. They want more viewers. However, they didn't make it so it's sorta irrelevant. Futurama has its moments but the humor is overall stale.

Nate, I think you took the name calling too seriosuly. I mean I have been called an idiot for liking BoBoBo and have taken offence to it, but it's the internet, relax. You don't have to go into your closet and dig up your blue ribbons. We know you're smart.

My opinion is stupid people can watch smart things and smart people can watch stupid things. Nate is the examle of the ladder and I'm sitting here watching "Nova", so I would be the example of the first.
Tommy

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:41 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The fact is I was referring to every comedy except Futurama.And I have read comments by certain people here and on other forums that bashed Inuyasha just as badly or worse so let us not get on a high horse here.

Right, people do bash inuyasha here at times. But NONE of us are bashing Inuyasha fans. Go bash shows all you want, I don't care. But it's incredibly offensive to say people are dumb for preferring one thing over another.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:05 pm

At this point, I think the thread has outlived its usefulness. If you want to be civil and continue some discussions to resolve problems, we encourage you to do so via PM.
uc pseudonym

Previous

Return to General Entertainment