Best Star Wars?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Best Star Wars?

Postby Tidus20 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:50 am

Which one was the best? The ones that they thought they could do anything now that they had CGI, or the good old classics?
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby rurouninaruto » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:38 am

The good old classics all the way. The new ones seem to be too dependant on CGI, and not enough on story. Also, the old Star Wars were alot less grim, and more fun to watch, in my opinion. Episode VI is my favorite. Also, you guys should check this parody out at youtube. it is hilarious. http://youtube.com/watch?v=lv4Potdpjhw
rurouninaruto

Postby RobinSena » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:41 am

For me, it's a toss up between (III) Revenge of the Sith, and (IV) A New Hope.. I - III lacked the "space-fantasy fairytale"ness that the original 3 had, but ROTS is incredibly awesome.
RobinSena

Postby Kkun » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 am

Randal: What did you like better, Jedi or The Empire Strikes Back?
Dante: Empire.
Randal: Blasphemy.
Dante: Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father. Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tidus20 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:57 am

Nobody's posting on the poll.
-Coheed and Cambria

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:22 am

Here are the names:
1. The Phantom Menace
2. Attack of the Clones
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. A New Hope
5. The Empire Strikes Back
6. Return of the Jedi
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:34 am

*points to what Jamie said, and votes for Empire*

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:35 am

Return of the Jedi (VI) is definitely my favorite out of the original trilogy; it has so many unique and colorful settings, and it wraps things up nicely. The Empire Strikes Back is probably my second favorite. :D I'm one of those who thinks the newer trilogy severely pales in comparison to the original, although Revenge of the Sith (III) was quite good (minus the incredibly tacky line spoken by Obi-Wan near the beginning of the film...George Lucas, what were you thinking? You're smarter than that! XD).
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:26 am

Return of the Jedi was just epic. Just epic

The Battle of Endor (in space) is my favorite scene ever.
Radical Dreamer wrote:(minus the incredibly tacky line spoken by Obi-Wan near the beginning of the film...George Lucas, what were you thinking? You're smarter than that! XD).

What was the line?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:31 am

The line was, after being caught in a force field, "What? How did this happen?! We're smarter than this!!"

Awful. Just awful. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:39 am

Return of the Jedi was my favorite till III came out. III could have been alot better and I'm still annoyed with Anakins turn to the dark side, as well as the way pademe died >.< Along with a couple other things here and there... (Noooooooooooooooooooooo) But I try to over look those cause I still thinkIII is a great movie. Just could have been alot better if someone who wasnt so absorbed into trying to makeit look cool rather than focusing on the story more.

Return of the Jedi has always been my favorite since I was very little. For some odd reason, I was fascinated by the Jubba the Hutt puppet and my favorite scene was that battle over that giant pit (which they totally distroyed with the new releases... putting that stupid worm creature in there just ruined that scene IMO... they should have left it in the hole and let us continue to use our imagination)

Anyway... the old trilogy is better, all the movies are even better than Sith, but if I like watching III the most... and it could have been the best movie if it didnt have so many bugs in it...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Tidus20 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:33 am

I thought that grievis's death was kind of dissapointing. He should have died by a lightsaber, because he's better than that.
-Coheed and Cambria

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:52 am

Tidus20 wrote:I thought that grievis's death was kind of dissapointing. He should have died by a lightsaber, because he's better than that.

I sure didn't think so. In the Clone Wars series, Grievous was pretty awesome. Then, in Episode III, he spoke.

Yeah. I'm glad he died the way he did.

Radical Dreamer

Postby samuraidragon » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:08 pm

My favorite is easily Empire. The scenes with Han and Leia are hilarious "Nerfherder!", plus Luke getting his hand chopped off, "I am your father," "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!." And then there is a goat thing sliced up. And there's Yoda. And we're treated to a scene with Luke as a sumo. It's awesome.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:14 pm

Empire. Easily the best.

Jamie's got the quote.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:37 pm

empire streets back. that's my favorite.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:07 pm

The original Trilogy and the original Star Wars aka A New Hope.
IMHO the prequel sucked because of Jar Jar and everyone knew that Anakin was going to become Darth Vader.
mitsuki lover

Postby rurouninaruto » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:00 pm

Jar Jar did stink.
rurouninaruto

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:40 pm

Scarecrow wrote:Return of the Jedi was my favorite till III came out. III could have been alot better and I'm still annoyed with Anakins turn to the dark side, as well as the way pademe died >.< Along with a couple other things here and there... (Noooooooooooooooooooooo) But I try to over look those cause I still thinkIII is a great movie. Just could have been alot better if someone who wasnt so absorbed into trying to makeit look cool rather than focusing on the story more.

Return of the Jedi has always been my favorite since I was very little. For some odd reason, I was fascinated by the Jubba the Hutt puppet and my favorite scene was that battle over that giant pit (which they totally distroyed with the new releases... putting that stupid worm creature in there just ruined that scene IMO... they should have left it in the hole and let us continue to use our imagination)

Anyway... the old trilogy is better, all the movies are even better than Sith, but if I like watching III the most... and it could have been the best movie if it didnt have so many bugs in it...

Echo'd I feel the same way. return of the Jedi is my all time favirote
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:32 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:IMHO the prequel sucked because of Jar Jar and everyone knew that Anakin was going to become Darth Vader.

Well, I don't think it was so much about the fact that people knew that Anakin was going to become Darth Vader. I think it's more about how he became Vader, you know? Lucas didn't make the new trilogy to surprise people, he made it to inform people on Anakin's and the other characters' pasts and the events that led them to where we find them in A New Hope.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:38 pm

Empire Strikes Back! Fo Sho
Ichigo_89

Postby Maledicte » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:33 pm

Jedi, I know that Empire Strikes Back is the best film, but Jedi is easier for me to enjoy. Empire is very deep, dramatic and expository whereas Jedi is lighter, more fun, and melodramatic good stuff.

So, in order of my liking:

VI: Return of the Jedi
V: The Empire Strikes Back
IV: A New Hope
III: Revenge of the Sith
I: The Phantom Menace
II: Attack of the Clones

I have to agree with Scarecrow that the additional worm-head thing ruined the Sarlacc in episode VI.

Out of the prequels, III had the best story but Phantom Menace looked the best, out of the sheer fact it used *actual* *physical* *locations* rather than all CG.
Maledicte

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:59 pm

I like Return of the Jedi the most, most likely because its the most hopefull. And having the Emperor go "And now, young Skywalker, you will die" is a favourite bit of evil acting in a movie. But I hate the "Special Editions". They're "Special" alright - fit for coasters, that is.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:01 am

My favourite to my least favourite. To say the acting, story and whatever wasn't there in the new ones is rubbish. Its just that the character chemistry wasn't as strong, they weren't as 'fun' and there was too much on the screen at any given time (too much to take in and enjoy). I loved the imagination and sets and costumes in the new ones but in general the earlier ones are the better movies.

5. The Empire Strikes Back
6. Return of the Jedi (a very close second)
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. A New Hope
2. Attack of the Clones
1. The Phantom Menace
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby termyt » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:06 am

Perhaps you should have placed the titles in the pole as well? Or is this just for Star Wars elitists?

Speaking of which, can I vote Spaceballs?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Nightshade X » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:03 pm

My favorite out of the saga has got to be Revenge of the Sith, with Empire as a very very close second.

Now, before you all stone me, let me explain.

Revenge of the Sith and Empire Strikes Back are both dark enough for me to enjoy, but I like Revenge better because the end was a lot more hopeful than Empire. Empire kinda left me with the impression that, by the end, all the characters were left wondering how they were going to go on.

...and as far as the Prequel trilogy goes, it could have been great. This, however, would have only been possible with the presence of a better director...

So... my list is as follows, from most favorite to least:

Revenge of the Sith
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace (even though Jar Jar should have died in his first scene)
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones (I don't care if it even had a better writer and director... NOTHING could have saved this one)
Nightshade X

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:09 pm

The top two reasons for the prequel not being as great as it could have been were:
1.Everyone knew that by the end Anakin was going to become Darth Vader,and that Luke and Leia were going to be conceived or born,so it was kinda hard to work around those established facts.
2.Jar Jar Binks.It would have been near perfect IMO without Jar Jar.For example the Clone War Saga that CN did was far superior to the movies mainly because of the absence of Jar Jar.
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:16 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:The top two reasons for the prequel not being as great as it could have been were:
1.Everyone knew that by the end Anakin was going to become Darth Vader,and that Luke and Leia were going to be conceived or born,so it was kinda hard to work around those established facts.
2.Jar Jar Binks.It would have been near perfect IMO without Jar Jar.For example the Clone War Saga that CN did was far superior to the movies mainly because of the absence of Jar Jar.

...Yeah, you posted this earlier. My reply was that George Lucas wasn't trying to surprise us by saying that Anakin would become Darth Vader. There was nothing to "work around" there, that's not the reason why he made the prequels. He made the prequels so he could show us HOW Anakin became Darth Vader]before[/i] the big events of the story, not a story that tries to surprise us with the big events of the story.

And yes, Jar-Jar really is the least-intelligent and least entertaining character ever created for a Star Wars movie.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:14 pm

Return of the Jedi is my favorite.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Sai » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:08 pm

My fav is Empire. The Han scenes and Yoda scenes are my favs. "Try not!! Only Do or Do not!"
"Bother"
Sai

Next

Return to General Entertainment