What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:44 pm

berserk volumes 1-4 online (thankfully the nudity's censored and the swearing's toned down)
blade of immortal volumes 1-2
reborn! volume 1
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:21 am

Just finished Azumanga 4 today... I miss it already v_v... And not too sure what I'll start tomorrow to read next...
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:58 pm

Magic Knights Rayearth Volume 1
Rave Master Volume 6

Both are for class, bringing this unit to an end (with semi-random volumes for everyone in the class, if anyone is curious). The latter doesn't affect me either way, the former reminds me why I always look toward shonen titles when I want something with an adventure plot.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Started up RG Veda vol 1 again... read about but was SO confused knowing now that Ashura is a guy >_< Just sorta... werid. Looksl ike a girl, sounded and was even CALLED a girl on the OVA... :/ Might not turn out to be that bad though. From some pics I've seen, almost looked like borderline shounen-ai. I'll be catious with this one, so I'm hopign things won't turn in that direction^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:07 pm

i'm rereading hunter x hunter volumes 1-10
also:
blade of immortal volume 3

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby chimera189 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:30 pm

Naruto 8, 9, and 10
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:33 pm

picked up Eden Vol.3 & 4 today. INTENSE stuff!
Ichigo_89

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:48 am

Finished RG Veda vol 2 yesterday... I also got ahold of Utawarerumono scans and how random the manga is :/ Also fanservicey is several chapters >_<

Tenshi no Ai

Postby mai » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:52 am

D. Gray Man vol. 1 and 2
I like the art style. However I was not real impressed with it as a whole.
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:31 pm

hunter x hunter 1-5
i'm also starting to reread my whistle volumes: 1-3

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Rexman64 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:04 am

I just finished Monster 5, Yotsuba&! 3, and Bleach 10-12, with 13-15 waiting to be read.
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:30 pm

berserk volumes 5 and 6

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby kryptech » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:39 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist 8
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby chimera189 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:54 pm

Stellvia v.1
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Sami_jane » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:55 pm

+ Anima vol. 1

i think it is a pretty new manga am i right? anyways so far its been really good.
Sami_jane

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:59 pm

akira volume 1. so good. i really like this manga.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Azgalath wrote:Black Cat 1... it's not bad, though it is a lot like Getbackers. (I can almost hear Ban's voice from one of the characters.)

you think so? i don't think black cat's anything like getbackers. but then again, it's your opinion (i'm a vivid reader of both mangas by the way). anyways, for me, i'm reading monster volume 14.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:26 pm

akira volume 2 and 3.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby blackunicorn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 pm

I started reading Death Note this morning.
Unicorns don't care if you believe in them any more than you care if they believe in you.

"When you refuse to give in with all your heart, only then do you transcend your humanity" ~ Alucard from Hellsing.
blackunicorn

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:20 am

berserk volumes 7-9
akira volume 3

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Evangeline-San » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:32 am

I've been reading every manga I've got handy... which isn't very much unfortunately... *first paycheck, going to a bookstore hehe*
Been sick for about 4 days now... shesh been reading ALOT! XD
Magic Knights Rayearth 1-3, and Negima book 4, I think. I miss xxxHolic! lol
But yup thats all I'm reading... :(
~And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
~*`*`*`*`*`*~
It's tough being a girl... In a pink world.
-me
~~~
~I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguising the truth!"
Evangeline-San

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:07 pm

As for me, I haven't even bought manga in months! I usually go in spurts with either liking anime, manga, or games, and whichever I'm into is mostly where my money goes. Since I completed all my favorite series in anime (plus it's so expensive >_<) don't think I'll be buying any for some time... not much interests me...

As for manga, haven't been too too into it lately :/ Just, been reading some Zelda and Elfen Lied scanlations when they come out, but that's about it :/ In a couple of weeks I'll be able to get a free gift card for manga, so that'll be nice^^ Still, more into games at the moment...

Even then, I NEED to save money and don't have the time :/

Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:44 pm

Shonen Jump January
Chaosic Rune

And some random others. Nothing particularly notable for the moment. I'm really waiting for Claymore Volume 5 to be released at the beginning of December.
uc pseudonym

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:04 am

Naruto and Evangelion; if my store ever gets the volumes of Eva in that it's missing.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby mai » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:56 pm

ES Eternal Sabath vol. 2
Nice art and a cool story, I just hope that more will be added to Shuro's past and that it will keep the mystery going.
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:00 pm

Chobits vol.#2.
I also found a site that has the Azumanga Daioh manga online.Pretty hilarious stuff.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:03 pm

akira volume 5

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:36 pm

shonen jump december
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 26
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:47 pm

After reading CHOBITS vol.#2 I have to wonder a bit about Chitose.She seemed to know a whole lot more than she was saying.
mitsuki lover

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews