For those who mourn over the loss of techtv

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

For those who mourn over the loss of techtv

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:53 am

Fear not... as G4 will soon hopefully dissapear!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159802.html
GameSpot readers may live and breathe gaming, but the real world prioritizes things a bit differently, apparently. TV Week today is reporting that the cable giant Comcast Entertainment Group has decided to fold the G4 brand. "I do agree with the vision of going after young men more than just going after gaming," E! and Style chief Ted Harbert told the trade pub. "Gaming has been demonstrated as being too narrow." The magazine is reporting that layoffs at G4 are likely. The cable net launched G4 in 2002.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yahshua » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:07 am

Well TechTv was good and awesome after getting with G4 it fell apart and now ah it bye bye G4 too.
Yahshua

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:23 pm

The beginning of the end was when they added The Man Show and put Anime
Unleashed on permenant/temporary hiatus.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:42 pm

I didn't see anything on it worth watching after the change.
Acourse the local Comcast operations here has been moving a lot of the programing around and filling in where something was pulled.
I use to get to watch NHK Japanese News in English but they moved the channel into the digital channels. Now I have to see any news from Japan on NHK.com
ashfire

Postby righteous_slave » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:52 pm

It's kind of sad to see it go, but hopefully someone will learn from the mistakes G4 made. Tech TV was very precise in it's target and it's content, while G4 turned into this big hodgepodge of tech, games, and geeky stuff with no real point. And they always went straight for the junior high bathroom humor.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby R. Zion » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:33 pm

Well, my cable provider took it off a few weeks ago for yet another sports channel, so it's already dead to me.
R. Zion

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Eh, it's too bad, really. G4 was a good channel before it merged with TechTV, just like TechTV was a good channel before it merged with G4. I wish they'd stayed separate; it would have saved a lot of trouble for both sides. Something in me is sad to see G4 go, but in all honesty, it's been gone ever since the merge.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Myoti » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:50 pm

I had hoped my own games would be shown somewhere on a national station, but watching G4 made me realize I definetly didn't want any of them doing so. As said, perhaps someone will learn from these mistakes and try to do it right again.
Myoti

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:01 pm

The big mistake was trying to compete with Spike tv.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:07 pm

YES! Serves them right for dropping their only good show: Anime Unleashed.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:47 pm

rocklobster wrote:YES! Serves them right for dropping their only good show: Anime Unleashed.

Well, I wouldn't say that was their ONLY good show. I mean, I never even watched it when I used to watch that channel. Before the merge, there were plenty of awesome shows. The merge just pretty much killed it all, though.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ashley » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:44 pm

My sense of vengeance is fulfilled. I really, REALLY liked TechTv (heck, I even watched it with my dad back when it was called ZDTV). Sure it was narrow, but hey, that's what satellite dish channels are for, right? At least their humor wasn't exceedingly male junior high student. They basically died to me after the merger with G4, yet I will say I will sort of miss Banzai! I had lots of fun ice-tea drinking games with that one. XD;;
Ashley

Postby Mega.EXE » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 am

to qoute of the qouters for that quote

*points and laughs at G4*
Mega.EXE

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:57 am

I think we need to make this a holiday! :thumb:

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:25 am

I wonder who really was in charge of the schedule changes that brought G4 down,
G4 or Comcast?
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 pm

I remember Banzai used to be on Fox for like 3 weeks, then they cancelled it.

The best ever show on TechTv was TSS. For sure
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Ok before anyone celebrates the truth of the entire matter is that Comcast is
DOWNSIZING G4 not ELIMINATING it entirely.Comcast is consolidating G4 with
the E!Network and so the G4 offices will be moved to the E!Network offices in L.A.
furthermore the head of G4 will report directly to the head of E!Network.
As far as those areas where G4 has been eliminated from the Comcast line up,
the best guess is that those decisions were made by LOCAL AFFLIATES of Comcast and not by the NATIONAL CORPORATE NETWORK BOARD.
This will help to explain why some people here no longer have G4 well the rest of us still do.
mitsuki lover

Postby Ashley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:23 pm

The best ever show on TechTv was TSS. For sure

Rawk on. Patrick was awesome.

Comcast is consolidating G4 with
the E!Network and so the G4 offices will be moved to the E!Network offices in L.A.

Aww no! I actually LIKED E! Great, now the G4 Godzilla is going to wreck THAT channel too?! Someone put a stop to this monstrosity of American culture!
Ashley

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Right, G4 is not dying or going away. Here is an official statement from the G4 people:
Let us put your fears/hopes to rest: G4 isn't going anywhere.

We are owned by Comcast cable, which also owns E! and the Style channel, Golf Channel, Versus (formerly OLN), AZN and Sprout. Comcast has decided to fold G4's operations into E! to combine departments where possible so that more money can be spent on programming and other cool stuff.

That doesn't mean we're becoming E! or that we're being taken-over or that we're being taken off the air, or anything, really. All it means is that our boss's boss's boss got a new boss.

By the way, I like this statement on wikipedia:

"On April 25, 2006, G4 was reported to be the least viewed basic cable network in America."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:40 pm

kaemmerite wrote:"On April 25, 2006, G4 was reported to be the least viewed basic cable network in America."

That doesn't surprise me. It's such a trashy channel now. The last time I watched it (which was like...a year after the merge, I think), everything was so centered around sex and scantily clad girls, it was disgusting. Before the merge, I remember that there were a few crass remarks made and there was talk of the DOA games, but other than that, it was pretty much clean. And there was Hal Sparks. And Scot With One "T". And the first G-Phoria was really good. I have good memories of the Pre-Merge G4. XD To be honest, though, I wish they would take the whole channel away now. It's nothing like it used to be.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Someone needs to find the CEO of G4 and go "face it, your channel sucks."
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:15 pm

They're part of Comcast so you would have to tell it to the CEO of Comcast really.

I don't see any chance of AU returning now that they're consolidating with E!
mitsuki lover

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Bob the duck stepped onto the rock, looking out over the ruins. "I should be happy at his moment... I should be happy. After what they did... Destroying my home, displacing and ruining my friends," he lamented.

He could see the monitors, short circuiting and burning, the images of Solid Snake and Sam Fisher and Mario and Spyro, and many others, all melting and burning and turning to dust. He looked and, underneath, burried by the thongs and shiny bikini tops and fake hair and... Well, many other things, lay the computers... A photoshop tutorial had managed to escape the carnage all this time, but just as he had noticed, it burned in a second...

Luke stepped behind Bob, putting his hand on Bob's shoulder. "Aren't you happy? They're finally gone."

"But... Their being gone doesn't bring TechTV back... Leo and Patrick and Kat..." Bob's eyes teared up at the mentioning of those leaders from a bygone era... "Kat... They all meant something... I'm even starting to feel sorry for Sessler now..."

Luke pulled forcefully on Bob's shoulders, forcing Bob to face him. "It's enough... You can finally move on. Move on, Bob. Move forward. Maybe something new will come along, but you can only accept it if you move forward."

Luke mounted his golden Chocobo, while Bob lingered for a moment. Finally, with his eyes closed and tears streaming down his face, Bob turned to his Epoch, and stepped inside... It was no use giving into the thoughts that entered his mind as he did: The time travel functions no longer worked... He would have to move forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:09 pm

They apparently added The Jamie Kennedy Experiment to their 11:00 line up.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment