September 28, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

September 28, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:01 pm

Why The Long Face?

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Psalm 42:5

A little Sunday school boy, on his first trip to the country, made a significant comment after he had viewed with childish curiosity his grandfather's large white mule. "Mamma," he said, "grandpa's mule must be a very good Christian." The mother was surprised at the association of Christianity with an animal that generally causes the loss of it, so she asked little Jake the reason for his conclusion. His ready answer was: "Because grandpa's mule has such a long face."

Prayer: Ask God to help you live in a state of joy.

"There's nothing more contradictory than an unenthusiastic Christian. The Bible tells us that God loves us so much, in fact, that God gave his only son so that all who believe in him will have everlasting life. Nothing not even death can separate us from God's love! If we really believe that, we can't help but overflow with joy!"
~Ronald Newhouse
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings