New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby blkmage » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:44 pm

blkmage

Postby Neane » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:46 pm

I can't speak Moon, but does this mean another season of Moyashimon?
Neane

Postby blkmage » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Yes, starting July in one of the noitaminA slots.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:22 pm

blkmage (post: 1542206) wrote:Yes, starting July in one of the noitaminA slots.

This more than makes up for Guilty Crown.
Neane

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:43 pm

It is most excellent to see that noitaminA has resurrected itself to its former glory.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 pm

NoitanimA sucks hard in sci-fi shows (Fractale, C, No.6, Guilty Crown) and does wonders with slice-of-life or light fantasy genre (Tatami Galaxy, Kuuchu Buranko, Usagi Drop).
Neane

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 am

So Little Busters is getting a TV anime. Nothing else was said about it, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't KyoAni.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 am

Neane

Postby Maokun » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:51 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1542729) wrote:So Little Busters is getting a TV anime. Nothing else was said about it, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't KyoAni.

I've heard more than once that Little Busters is a better Angel Beats! and since I liked AB! more than most, I'm looking forward to this.

Well, cover me on crumbs and chuck me into a frying pan! These are awesome news.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Anime Project of Manga 'Gin no Saji ~Silver Spoon' has been Revealed.
Neane

Postby blkmage » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1542729) wrote:So Little Busters is getting a TV anime. Nothing else was said about it, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't KyoAni.

Rumour is that there may be unresolvable scheduling issues with KyoAni, but it's been so long that those may have cleared up by now.
Maokun (post: 1542793) wrote:I've heard more than once that Little Busters is a better Angel Beats! and since I liked AB! more than most, I'm looking forward to this.

It's extremely similar thematically and in tone. I'm very interested in how some of the more game-y parts will be adapted.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 am

noitaminA announcements are up for the rest of the year.

SPRING
Sakamichi no Apollon
tsuritama

SUMMER
Moyashimon Returns
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - Josei romance manga involving a flower shop and the ghost of a dead lover

FALL
Robotics;Notes - Based on the visual novel by 5pb and Nitro+, it follows in the footsteps of Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head (as if the semi;colon didn't give it away). This one involves a bunch of friends trying to build a mecha.
PSYCHO-PASS - an original sci-fi looking project
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:48 am

Key/Visual Arts has a Little Busters anime PV up. Doesn't look like KyoAni.

Oh, wait a second, they could be trolling everyone, it's April 1 over there right now. I guess we'll find out by the end of the day.

Consensus seems to be that Key is bad at April Fools and consistently makes real announcements on 3/31 and 4/1.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb in Fall 2012
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 pm

A bunch of trailers for series that are scheduled for summer or so have been released the last few days (since Anime Contents Expo was this weekend):

Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Haha, what is this I don't even)

Sword Art Online (epic Kajiura music is epic)

From the New World (Huh, interesting)
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Neane » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Neane

Postby Maokun » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Yep, I'm quite happ- ohwait is not Jun Maeda's. Nevermind.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Neane

Postby AngelicTotoro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Toshokan Senso Kakumei no Tsubasa Trailer

I am so insanely happy right now... I'm finding it hard to find words to describe how giddy this trailer has made me. :rock:

Finally, a release date! Woot~!
Not to mention, like every other scene in that made my Library Wars fangirl-self squeee~! CAN. NOT. WAIT. :dance:

(Mr Hat n' Cloggs? Calling Mr Hat n' Cloggs. There is a trailer for you to see.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Don't worry, I've already watched this like five times and I still can't get over how excited I am for this movie.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby AngelicTotoro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

How come you didn't post it in here for me, then? I had to search and randomly found it. D< (jk, I'm not actually mad.)

Seriously though, I don't get why I didn't hear of this sooner anywhere else.
(Like CR, or MAL.)
Why is there not more TS Hype?
This is an awesome series, it needs more HYPE. (And love.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Midknight74012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Don't forget about Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean

Cool part is, It airs on the day of my birthday. :dance:
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby Neane » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Horizon S2 Trailer

I can't watch this.

MasterDias (post: 1544987) wrote:Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Haha, what is this I don't even)

So what, is that anime about savage, brutal fairies that kill and maim disguising themselves as a nice civilization so that they can conquer the Earth for our new Chicken Overlords?

Naaaaaah...

If anything, the char designs remind me of the Princess Maker game series.

Also, OVA of Eureka Seven AO Announced to be released as a game & OVA hybrid disc.
Neane

Postby blkmage » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Huh, I didn't know Romeo Tanaka wrote light novels.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:59 am

Everyone click on this.

Also, The Production Studio of the Little Busters Anime is J.C. Staff
Neane

Postby Maokun » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:47 am

Neane (post: 1546621) wrote:Everyone click on this.

These are amazing news. With anime adaptations you really can never be sure how much of the original material will make it (life spoiler: Almost never the 100% of the main canon plot makes it)

Also, The Production Studio of the Little Busters Anime is J.C. Staff

On the other hand, my enthusiasm for this one just went down a little notch.

Maokun

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:43 pm

There are a lot of Lovely Complex fans here, so they'll be glad to know that it's getting a DVD release in north America. So is this, but nobody cares about that =).
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't think anyone was expecting or wanted JC Staff. The names I'd heard thrown around were PA Works or A-1. As far as I remember, JC Staff hasn't done any visual novel adaptations. Usually, that's not too much of an issue if they're clever about the routes, but Little Busters has a few more structural challenges than the typical visual novel. Apparently Key's been thinking about it and figured out how to do it before they started shopping around for takers, so it'll be interesting to see what they've come up with. They seem to be retaining the cast from the VN and they're probably reusing the music. I guess the other challenge is that Little Busters is even longer than Clannad.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, they did the Tsukihime anime, and we know how that turned out.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 pm

According to the official website, SEGA's RPG "Shining Hearts" was announced to get a TV anime adaptation. It will be aired from April 2012. The production studio is Production I.G.
Neane

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews