4Kids gets Kamen Rider Ryuki

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:35 pm

[quote="ICv2"]Adness Entertainment has licensed the 2002 50-episode live action tokusatsu (special effects) series Kamen Rider Ryuki to 4Kids Entertainment. 4Kids will air the series, which will be renamed Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, during the 2008-2009 TV season on the former Kids WB block on the CW network (see “4Kids Takes Over the Kids’ WBâ€
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:44 pm

...at first I was like "OH DEAR GOD NO."

But then I realized that they'd only be AIRING it, not localizing it.

Anyway I've been looking forward to this for some time. This definitely looks to be better than Saban's "Masked Rider" crap. Wish I could've seen the original though. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby beau99 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:09 am

Yeah, they're only airing it.

There may be edits for time, but otherwise, they're not allowed to touch it. All the edits have already been made by the production team.
beau99

Postby minakichan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:29 am

At first I was like: O.O ><!!

But then I was like this: XDDD

I think this is funny. If they don't do this Power Rangers style, then what the hell, this isn't going to work at all, right? 4Kids can't air something with Asian-looking people!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:14 am

No! Dear God No! Why Can't 4kids Just Die! Why Must They Trample On Everything Japanese?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby beau99 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 am

rocklobster (post: 1239168) wrote:No! Dear God No! Why Can't 4kids Just Die! Why Must They Trample On Everything Japanese?

Read mine and Nate's posts.

They're NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT IT.

minakichan (post: 1239160) wrote:At first I was like: O.O ><!!

But then I was like this: XDDD

I think this is funny. If they don't do this Power Rangers style, then what the hell, this isn't going to work at all, right? 4Kids can't air something with Asian-looking people!

Except that like PR, they will be airing an already-produced American adaptation.
beau99

Postby Nate » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 am

As Roy has stated, and beau as well, the Kamen Rider Ryuki adaptation (called Kamen Rider Dragon Knight) is localized by the Wang Brothers, not 4Kids. 4Kids is merely airing it on their time slot. This isn't uncommon now.
Except that like PR, they will be airing an already-produced American adaptation.

What he said. XD It'll be like Saban's Masked Rider, except it'll be good from what I've seen.

Minaki, since you apparently haven't seen the official trailer, I'll link you. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6cK8hCUx80

Nate

Postby beau99 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm not exactly familiar with Kamen Rider, but a few guys that are (from Toon Zone) say it will be excellent. One of them got a sneak viewing of an actual episode at last year's PR con.
beau99

Postby Nate » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:45 pm

beau99 wrote:I'm not exactly familiar with Kamen Rider,

I am! :D But not Ryuki sadly. XD From what I've read of Ryuki though most of the stuff in the trailer seems pretty faithful (the 13 Advent Decks, the Mirror World, although the Rider War seems to be manipulated by "random bad guy" in the adaptation, not that that's a bad thing).
but a few guys that are (from Toon Zone) say it will be excellent. One of them got a sneak viewing of an actual episode at last year's PR con.

That was a pilot episode though, and as we all know pilot episodes are almost never like the actual product...I've seen the pilot episode for the original Power Rangers and it was like I was watching a different show entirely. XD The episode they saw had Matt Smith playing Kit Taylor, but the final casting has Stephen Lunsford as Kit.

Not saying the pilot was bad. Maybe it was really good. I didn't see it. XD But it's not a good indication of what the show will be like.

Nate

Postby NekoChan_C » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:17 pm

man, I hope that it's better than Power Rangers/beetleborgs/superhuman samurai cyber squad/masked rider... I *like* sentai shows and the ilk, but... only if they are good. 4kids is the antithesis of good.
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Return to General Entertainment