Cloverfield

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Cloverfield

Postby ~IYQ » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:16 am

This is all the e-rage on the intercool. It's the new J.J. Abrams movie untitled as of yet; the trailer was shown before the Transformers movie. There is a whole lot of speculation and theories regarding what the heck this movie is all about. I looked through the forum rules and I don't see a problem with me directing you towards a place to see that mysterious trailer, if you so desire, but be forewarned that the movie project is a little creepy as a whole: go to Dailymotion dot com, and search for 'Cloverfield'.

Whether anybody should be getting excited about a movie where the topic isn't even known so far ahead of time...that's arguable. But nonetheless, this thing has my attention.

Everything is shot via handycam ala Blair Witch. The trailer gave me some creepy vibes (though I am a horror/creepy wimp, I will admit; I don't watch those movies), but what REALLY gave me the creeps was the promotional website which you can find via online search...I'd post that here too, but I just don't want to seem like an advertising agent for this movie or anything. But basically, it's two big photos, but the tie-in is kind of scary; it gave me the kind of creepy vibe I hadn't gotten since seeing that Creepy Bunny Dance girl video some time ago.

Maybe what fuels my interest is that the movie is supposedly supposed to be sci-fi, but feels to me more like a horror. Nobody seems to know if it will be a Godzilla movie, a Lost movie, some Revelations/end times thing, or just some monster movie.

Anybody else interested in this thing?
It's pretty obvious to me-- live action Yuki would be played by Michael Jackson.
~IYQ

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:47 pm

I think it looks interesting. I would see it.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:24 am

I am VERY interested in this thing.

My take is that it's a whole new monster. I sure hope it is.

Other theories on the monster's identity include:

-Voltron (discredited)
-Godzilla (discredited)
-Cthulu
-the LOST monster
-a Chimera
-End times/Revelations/Biblical theme

I'm too scared to watch Blair Witch but I'm all for watching this movie.
Maledicte

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:31 am

This trailer was amazing. When I went to see Transformers everyone in the theater was saying "What was that?" when the trailer finished.

A rumor I heard recently was that the internal "name" for the monster is "the parasite". I'm excited for any new information. The idea of a sci-fi giant monster flick filmed from the perspective of several hand held cameras is just too cool to pass up.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:45 am

Ah crap. They didn't have the trailer attached to our Transformer prints. Crap.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:28 am

I personally thought the whole "House Party" scene was completely stupid. The trailer's second half is rather interesting though. At the moment I'm a little bit skeptical of the film, but I'll give it a fair shot when it comes out.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:07 pm

If this film ends up having any ties to Lost at all, I will be first in line for the tickets.

Or I'll just be sure to see it in theaters while it's out. Something like that. XD

After watching the trailer though, all I can say is, "we'll see." XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:18 pm

JJ Abrams is just the producer, he's not the director or the writer. Still producers are sometimes the creative forces behind movies while directors are the hired hands. We'll just have to see.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:18 pm

I loved the entire party scene because you were thinking "Oh no not another party movie" and then when you heard the noise and the lights go out you think, or at least I did, "Oh no not another thriller/slasher/horror movie" but when the entire city blows up...

I was grabbed hold of. My girlfriend and I noticed upon watching the trailer that one guy yells out "I saw it! It's a lion! It's huge!" It's right before the head of the Statue of Liberty falls to the ground. Edit: Upon checking some sources, many are now saying the guy says "I saw it! It's alive! It's huge!"

I have no idea what to think. At first, I thought Godzilla or Voltron but those are discredited. I was secretly hoping for the new Evangelion live action movie.

I am stoked to see what it is though.
Hitokiri

Return to General Entertainment