NCAAs Begin

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

NCAAs Begin

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Ok all you basketball nuts listen up...the NCAA pairings have finally been announced.We're fortunate that Spokane got a subregional this year.For the Spokane subregional the matchups will be:
Notre Dame(24-7)vs.Winthrop(28-4)
Oregon(26-7)vs.Miami of Ohio(18-14)
Texas(24-9)vs.New Mexico State(25-8)
USC(23-11)vs.Arkansas(21-13)
All games to be played on Friday starting at 11:35 a.m.(PDT)with the
USC/Arkansas game being the night game starting at 6:45 p.m. or as soon as the Texas/New Mexico State game finishses.
Also both Washington State and Gonzaga will be in the West Region in
Sacramento.This means if both manage to advance to the finals we have the possibility of a rematch between the two top eastern Washington schools.
Though I believe it is doubtful considering that the Cougars have a rather tough Oral Roberts team to face(ORU went 12-2 in winning their conference).
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Uhm... Maryland Terrapins all the way?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Weeee!!! Number one seed for Florida, and their number one over all!! Wooo!! Their team is looking great and I really hope they can go all the way once again. Let's go Gators!!!
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Yay March Madness...except this year WVU isn't in there thanks to a missed traveling call...oh well, they're a top seed in the NIT and now have a chance to claim that they are the 66th best team in the country! Woopie! Anyway, this year should be interesting...I hope...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby meboeck » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Yay! I have already gotten involved in two brackets. Is someone setting up a Yahoo bracket again this year?
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Don't know.Someone will say if they are,hopefully.As far as it goes us poor Husky
fans(UW not UConn btw)are out in the cold this year,not even the NIT picked our team.
As far as the Spokane subregional goes,for obvious reasons I am hoping for a
USC-Oregon rematch in the final game.Probably as likely to happen as a Gonzaga-WSU rematch in the Sacramento subregional final.But we can all have our little dreams now can't we?
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:05 pm

meboeck wrote: Is someone setting up a Yahoo bracket again this year?

It appears as if termyt and freerock1 are busy (honestly I don't know but freerock made the CAA tourney group last year and he hasn't made one yet...)...and seeing as how the NCAA tournament truly begins in two days, I'll go ahead and set up a group, expect the information for it in a few minutes...

Edit: Pick'em info

Group ID #:148050
Name: CAA Pick'em
password: madash

All you need is a yahoo id to play...and yeah, that's about it...please join so it isn't just meboeck and I...

Peanut

Postby meboeck » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:55 pm

EDIT: Ignore this post.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:59 am

Stanford lost to Louisville today 78-58 and so far Oral Roberts and Washington State
have been playing pretty even.Though ORU has made several 3 pointers and WSU isn't playing as well as they could so far.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Well, VCU is the lone major upset today (so far)...and I must say I'm impressed...they really outplayed Duke...though Duke wasn't to good this year...

Peanut

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 pm

my older bro filled out like ten brackets already. he's rooting for UCLA cause that's the school that he went to. i wonder how far they'll make it this year? might face off against gonzaga again. that was a pretty nice game last year.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:57 am

Gonzaga lost to Indiana 70-57.Washington State beat ORU 70-54(although they played a bit sloppy,especially in the first half).Currently on CBS Winthrop vs.
Notre Dame in the Spokane Arena.ND leading 24-17.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:52 pm

Washington State is out now so the only remaining Northwest team is Oregon.
Though the WSU/Vanderbilt game will probably go down as one of the best all time.
2 OTs!It really doesn't get any better than that.
mitsuki lover

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Man my Boilers almost had the Gators. We played great but just not great enough to knock them out... It's alright though because we played a heck of a game and gave them a good scare. I can still root for Butler though since my Mom went there for her Masters and it's 10 minutes from my house back in Indy.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:36 pm

the Final Four!!
(2)UCLA VS. (1)Florida and (2)Georgetown VS. (1)Ohio State

this should be REALLY interesting.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Yes!! My Gators need to win two more games to repeat as National Champions! Come on Florida!! You can do it!

O__O

jon_jinn got the Final Four right... that's amazing! Way to go...
WrestlingOtaku

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:13 pm

I am hoping that UCLA can pull off the upset against Florida.On the other hand I am also hoping that Ohio State beats Georgetown.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:32 pm

yep. Ohio State didn't do too well against Texas A & M (i think that's the right team). they were losing by 20 points in the first half...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 pm

I think the team that really surprised me,even though they didn't make it to the final round,was Vanderbilt.
mitsuki lover

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:54 am

All right!! We need to win one more game in order to repeat! Let's go Gators!!!!! This time against, Ohio State. Now how many people saw this coming?
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:40 am

Come On Bucks!! Revenge For The Football Team!!
Kawaiikneko

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:45 pm

I'm rooting for Ohio State as well.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:28 pm

*Sigh* .....

Ouch. That was awful. Again.

But seriously... what did we end with? 2/19 three-pointers? That's just plain sad.
Kawaiikneko

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Wooo!!! The Florida Gators win their second championship in a row!!

Great game by both teams. Great, now I really have to buy a shirt....

*Begins listening to the Florida Fight Song*
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:08 pm

WrestlingOtaku wrote:Great game by both teams.

Excuse me while I go cough up a lung...

You guys did great though - hit three-pointers like there was no tomorrow! XD Congratulations.
Kawaiikneko

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:19 pm

Yes, Humphrey was great from three point range (I heard that he's the all time 3 point scorer in NCAA history). Well, Greg Oden looked very good in the second half, he did a great job of picking up rebounds and was very good inside the paint, but your probably right, it was missing all those three's that probably hurt you guys in the long run.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:44 am

I started to have a bad feeling, when Ohio State starting to come back in game .

I was thinking to myself, Oh no! Is Ohio State going to pull one out like they against Tennessee!

Now if the Tennessee Lady Vols beats Rutgers tonight in the women's basketball. The SEC will have won the football, men's basketball and women's basketball national titles this year.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:36 pm

Oh well back to important part of life such as baseball.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment