Armed and Famous

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Armed and Famous

Postby ashfire » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:38 pm

I been watching the show since it started. My mother has family that lives in Muncie, IN. and I have visited the city when we were there to see family.
Its interesting to see how you can take a bunch of stars from different types of entertaiment and make them into public servents involved in public safety.
I had posted about the show on another forum site. Some thought it was great. Others thought it was a disgrace to law en forcement.
I then remember a star of the 70s TV show the Green Hornet, Van Williams ,who was the Green Hornet, became a auxillary L. A. County Deputy Sheriff and did arrest when he was on duty. Some of the people he arrested remembered him from the Green Hornet.
I think of the show as almost like the TV show "COPS" the way its done.
I just wonder what others think?
ashfire

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:21 pm

I haven't seen it.Though I wonder how Ken Osmond who played Eddie Haskell and did go on after Leave It To Beaver to become an actual LAPD police officer might feel about the subject.I would love to read what he would have to say about it.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I haven't seen it.Though I wonder how Ken Osmond who played Eddie Haskell and did go on after Leave It To Beaver to become an actual LAPD police officer might feel about the subject.I would love to read what he would have to say about it.

I forgot about him. I remember there was a show on CBS years back call 'Top Cops" which re enacted incidents that police officers were in.
One of those was when Ken Osmond was in a gun fight with a speeder.
ashfire

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Yeah everyone seems to forget about Ken Osmond.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:12 am

I just thought, what about police officers who became actors. There are a few who are well known or who have been background or bit part actors.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:38 pm

Hello I am Reserve Officer Shaquille O'Neal of the Miami Beach Police and you are under arrest. Yes this weekend Shaq helped to arrested a hit and run driver who hit his car. Just imagine the 7 ft 1 O'Neal of the Miami Heat walking up to your car for speeding in a police uniform.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:57 pm

Well CBS has dropped Armed and Famous because it lost in the rating due to American Idol. The show had 3 more shows to go, But the show will now be shown on VH1 this Sat starting at 5 PM with the first 4 shows and the one that was suppost to be shown tonight on CBS. What did they replace it with, a repeat of CSI NY.
When Jerico comes back will it have to fight American Idol?
ashfire

Return to General Entertainment