Spider-man 3 Venom deign revealed (sort of)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Spider-man 3 Venom deign revealed (sort of) *spoilers*

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Slideshow has unveiled it's venom action figure from the Spider-man official movie merchandise.

Venom Link, spoiler warning

I really wish they would have left the raised webbing off of Venom, and had made the trademark venom logo white. I also find this Venom to be too skinny.

However, I will wait until I see it in motion to make a real judgment about it. It could be that there are subtle things about watching it in film form that can't be communicated through a detailed action figure.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby righteous_slave » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:33 pm

I agree on the too skinny part. Venom should be a huge monstrosity drooling lots of green slobber everywhere from his gaping, razor sharp grin. The raised black webbing isn't too bad though. Normally I'm a by the book type, but this time it still looks neat.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Everything I have seen makes him look way to small and short. This looks good, but its a toy. Not the actual movie look. I will wait to cast my judgement till I see it on film, but I still say, Topher was a craptastic pick for Venom.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 pm

As has been said, we'll have to see it in the film itself. Good to know they've done nothing terrible to the general design. Though I prefer a bulkier Venom perhaps they've made this one closer to Spiderman's side in an effort to play up the duality aspect.
uc pseudonym

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:27 pm

What worries me is the pants. It looks kinda like...loose leather pants?

It's definately going to be hard to know until you actually see the movie, though.
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 pm

Other than Venom being smaller than versions I've seen in the past, his design still looks pretty amazing. XD I can't wait for an actual screenshot or trailer clip or something...still, I'm excited. :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 am

So Venom will be in it as opposed to just Sandman and Green (or Hob) Goblin?

[Spoiler]I never understood why Venom was only bulky when he took over Brock.
Was it because Peter ditched the suit right when it entered it's high peak of evil? [/spoiler]
Tommy

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:41 am

Tom Dincht wrote:So Venom will be in it as opposed to just Sandman and Green (or Hob) Goblin?

[Spoiler]I never understood why Venom was only bulky when he took over Brock.
Was it because Peter ditched the suit right when it entered it's high peak of evil? [/spoiler]

[Spoiler]In the comics, Brock was a bit bulky from the start. This is why I agree with Steve about Topher being a bad pick for Venom.[/spoiler]

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Kkun » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Honestly, I kinda like it. It's not as terrible as I expected it to be.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Godly Paladin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 pm

Not exactly the Venom I remember from the classic PSX games, but neither was Spidey himself, come to think of it.
Godly Paladin

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:58 pm

What kind of drugs were they smoking when they picked Topher Grace?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby R. Zion » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Nate wrote:What kind of drugs were they smoking when they picked Topher Grace?

Actually, Topher isn't a bad choice physically if they're basing this Brock's appearance off of the Ultimate Universe's Eddie Brock Jr (and according to wikipedia, the film character is also a Jr as well). According to wikipedia, Eddie in the film will be an amalgamation of both Brocks, so as long as you take it in that light, I suppose he's not so bad.
R. Zion

Postby Animus Seed » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:As has been said, we'll have to see it in the film itself. Good to know they've done nothing terrible to the general design. Though I prefer a bulkier Venom perhaps they've made this one closer to Spiderman's side in an effort to play up the duality aspect.

I think that's exactly it. I don't think it's an accident that Mr. Grace slightly resembles Mr. Maguire, either.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:20 am

Venom in Spider-man 3? SWEET!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to General Entertainment