Best non-anime fight scenes

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Best non-anime fight scenes

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:52 am

Okay, now let's look at the non-anime fight scenes.
I think two of the best are from Star Wars
Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker
Everyone on this site probably knows the dialog by heart, so say it with me now:
"Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father."
"He told me enough. He told me you killed him."
"No, Luke I AM YOUR FATHER!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Yoda vs. Emperor Palpatine
Even though Yoda ultimately loses, this is still a great fight. Much better than the one against Count Dooku.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby termyt » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:06 am

Are we talking about emotional impact?

For flat-out fighting, I'd take Jackie Chan in any movie he made in the 80's and 90's.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Myoti » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:09 am

The oil-scene in Transporter.

As my friend put it, that guy is "the American Jackie Chan" (though ironically I don't think he's originally American).

Oh, also the lobby fight from the first Martix. That still rocks.
Myoti

Postby Ingemar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:24 am

I think Jason Statham is English. But still, he kicks...posterior.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:16 am

The most awesome fight scene is the "I'm making a birdhouse." scene from Eternal Sunshine...

Oh, fight... You mean, like, physical fight... Then, I don't know... So much to choose from... I'd have to say one of my faves was the Yoda / Dooku fight from "Attack of the Clones" and, of course, the Luke / Vader fight in Empire Strikes Back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:56 am

One of my personal favorites is the last battle between Edmond Dantes and...Oh my gosh, I just drew a COMPLETE blank on his name...XD Well, between Edmond and Guy Pierce's character in The Count of Monte Cristo. I love how you can see a rainbow at the very end. Another favorite is the Battle of Pelenor Fields in ROTK...Totally epic. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:17 pm

Sisko vs. Q in the Deep Space Nine ep.'Qless'
Q:"You hit me..Picard would never hit me!"
Sisko:"I'm not Picard!"
Q:"You're certainly not..you're much easier to provoke.."
Sisko:"Get off of my station!"
mitsuki lover

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Counting only style and choreograpy, I'd say that one of my favorites is Neo vs Three Agents in the Matrix: Reloaded. An excellent scene that avoided an overextended feeling (coughburlybrawlcough), maintained tension, and was overall effective. Not a climactic faceoff, but good quality material.
uc pseudonym

Postby heero yuy 95 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:27 pm

I really liked the fight scene between obi wan and anakin at the end of Ep. 3. I don't find it quite as powerful as the first match between luke and vader in empire, but i found the theme to be very gripping, especially the scene right before they start fighting
Anakin-"You turned her against me"
Obi Wan- "your arrogance and your lust for power has already done that"
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

"why throw away your life so recklessly!"
"that's a question you should be asking yourself, megatron."
-transformers the movie

http://starfoxman.deviantart.com/

^ My Manga!!! Check it out!
heero yuy 95

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:02 pm

Basically all the fights in Fists of Fury(AKA-The Chinese Connection) . "EEEEEEEEEEIIIIYAAAAHH!!!" Bruce Lee's da man.
Ichigo_89

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:53 pm

The many lightsaber duels from Revenge of the Sith. The Subway fight in the original matrix. The famous lobby scene in matrix, the fight/car chase from Matrix reloaded. Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner and undead pirates Pirates of the carribean 2
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Maledicte » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:55 pm

Bruce Lee, battling Chuck Norris, Kareem Abdul Jabar, et al. from all his movies. Except for Fist of Fury.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. Easily one of the best movie fights I've seen.

Alain Delon as Zorro fighting the evil lieutenant/colonel/whatever he was at the end of 1975's Zorro.

"The Lobby Sequence" from The Matrix. Although that was more like slaughter...

All Gun Kata sequences from Equilibrium.
Maledicte

Postby Ingemar » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:03 am

SirThinks2Much wrote:Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. Easily one of the best movie fights I've seen.
Now that I have seen a fair share of real weapon arts, I would have to say that this fight is more like the best fight that bad coreography could produce. Still, it is the best lightsaber combat in all of Star Wars.
Equilibrium
My favorite is the first usage of gun-kata in the movie. The seconds leading up to that massacre are absolutely nerve wracking.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby silverSky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:25 pm

Double post. Sorry.
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby silverSky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:29 pm

I loved any of the fighting scenes in kill bill Volume I and Volume II. The Bride aka Black Mamaba, Bill, Pai Mai, Deadly Vipers, GoGo, and Crazy 88 were awesome. My favorite out of that franchise is the one between The Bride and Elle that was great. ^_^

I aslo like the fight scene between Michelle Yeoh and Ziyi Zhang in Crotching Tiger Hidden Dragon and the music that went with made it even more spectular.

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:41 pm

obi-wan vs darth vader in Revenge of the Sith
obi-wan and qui-gon vs darth maul in Phantom Menace
luke vs darth vader in Empire Strikes Back
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:45 pm

I can't believe I forgot this one.

Inigo Montoya vs. the "Man in Black", in The Princess Bride. One of the wittiest, most fun-to-watch fight scenes ever. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Oh wow... after reading some of these posts, I would seriously have to disagree with a lot of the comments XD Namely the Matrix and Star Wars ones. Hand-to-hand fights > sword fights any day.

Hands down, the two greatest fight scenes are:

1. Jackie Chan vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez" in Wheels on Meals

2. The Corridor fight scene in Oldboy Four Minutes of fighting, one Entire shot long, no CGI except for a knife. It's simply amazing.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:04 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I can't believe I forgot this one.

Inigo Montoya vs. the "Man in Black", in The Princess Bride. One of the wittiest, most fun-to-watch fight scenes ever. XD

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
"Stop saying that!"
I love that scene!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Maledicte » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:18 am

Ripley vs. The Queen in Aliens.
The conference room shoot-out in The Crow.
King Arthur vs. The Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Maledicte

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 am

Luke vs. Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi, particularly when Luke temporarily loses it and goes berserk. Adding the music makes it more intense.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:56 am

rocklobster wrote:"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
"Stop saying that!"
I love that scene!

Well, while that wasn't the scene I was thinking of (by "Man in Black", I was referring to Wesley, not the six-fingered man), it's also a GREAT fight scene. It's fantastic. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Myoti » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:02 am

Oh yes, the Crazy 88 fight in Kill Bill. Actually, that's the only scene from the movie I've actually watched. Made me nauseated, yet was still so awesome.
Myoti

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:28 am

Bruce Lee vs. Han in Enter the Dragon. Gotta love when the mirrors come into play.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:57 am

rocklobster wrote:Everyone on this site probably knows the dialog by heart, so say it with me now:
"No, Luke I AM YOUR FATHER!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Knowing the dialog by heart? Actually you misquoted. (Don't worry though, even television shows misquote this all the time)

The correct quote would go as follows:
"No, I AM YOUR FATHER!!! (Notice the absence of the word "luke")
"No... That's not true... That's... IMPOSSIBLE"
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:02 pm

SirThinks2Much wrote:Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. Easily one of the best movie fights I've seen.

Aw, ya beat me to it. As much as I despise those movies, I still have to admit...that fight scene is freaking rad.

There are some fantastic scenes in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and the Kill Bill movies. I think one of my favorites from Kill Bill is the fight of The Bride and O-Ren Ishii. Another pretty crazy one is The Bride versus Elle Driver.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:55 pm

The episode of DS9 when Worf and some other Klingons are captured by the
Dominion and he's forced to fight a Jemhadar.And he just keeps getting bloodied and bloodied all over until he's ready to collapse but he won't quit.He just keeps
going in there round after round until the Jemhadar finally surrenders.When
one of the other Jemhadar asks why HE surrendered when he had the upper hand
he says something about Worf's spirit being too indominable to conquer.

Then there was also that boxing sequence in that one Chakotay episode of
Voyager.The one where the aliens try to contact Voyager through Chakotay and they use the boxing holoscenario.
mitsuki lover

Postby samuraidragon » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:03 pm

The fight scenes from The Princess Bride. :lol:

Um, they weren't really fight scenes, but the short fighting clips from The Last Samurai.

Bruce Lee in general.

I can't think of anymore right off hand.

(funny story, you know how the princess is named Buttercup? Well my basketball coach's last name is Butterfield, and my mom always gets confused and calls him Coach Buttercup XD)

EDIT: The fights from the Jason Bourne movies! Those were awesome, made only better by the fact Matt Damon did his own stunts, so you actually saw the character fighting, instead of the back of his head.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:58 pm

Errol Flynn versus Basil Rathbone in Robin Hood.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment