Jericho

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Jericho

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:12 pm

Did anyone see this show last night? It premiered on CBS. I missed 'bout 1/4 to 1/2 of it, 'cause we came home when the show already started. From what I've picked up, it's about a series of nuclear explosions across the United States, and one place that was hit is called Jericho. Power is out, and residents are trying to figure out what's going on and how they'll survive it. It stars actor Skeet Ulrich (yeah, weird name, I know) who also starred in that ABC show Miracles a couple years back. So far, Jericho sounds interesting.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ashfire » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:54 pm

Actually Jericho was not hit by a bomb. The story starts with a son coming home after being away from the Town Of Jericho. He served in the Navy and had been released for awhile before going home. He gets home and trys to make peace with his father who is the mayor of the town but things don't work out so he leaves.
The President called for emergency session of Congress about hostilities that were happening. During the TV broadcast is when the bombs go off and all the communication networks stop.
Now people from Jericho start seeing the mushroom cloud to west of them toward one of the big cities to their west.
People get into traffic accidents far outside the town looking at the cloud. The people of Jericho start to panic and want answers from the mayor and the towns sheriff and where is the school bus with children from the town on a field trip.
The people really panic when the lights go out that night and start to fight and a man who is running against the mayor for his job helps to stop the fighting.
The sheriff and deputies are murdered by inmates on a prison bus which they mistaken for the missing school bus.
The mayor's son is found by two children from the bus when they need help for one of their injuried classmates and teacher to get the bus back to town because they crashed off the road and the bus driver was killed.
They make it back to town and now we wait for next week to see what happens.
ashfire

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:52 pm

Gotcha. Thanks for the clear-up. I forgot all about the bus incidents.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ashfire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:03 pm

If anyone missed the first showing of the show Wednesday night. It will be repeated tonight (Sat) at 8 PM on CBS.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:12 am

Here's one thing that has had me wondering about Jericho. How did the bombs get here without setting off the Early Warning System.
I started thinking about a paperback I had read a while back. "Liberty" by Stephen Coonts : A Jake Garfton Novel.
The book is base on a Vietnam story "Flight of the Intruder" and the pilot Jake Garfton who through the years and a series of books becomes a admiral in the US intelligence.
In "Liberty" four Russian nuclear warheads have been sold to a terrorist network who smuggle the warheads into the US and plan to plant them in certain cities. In someway one bomb was found to be already planted in Washington DC a long time ago but was disarmed before it was used. Another is driven into to DC but is found and disarmed. Another is hijacked by two brothers from Vietnam who drive it to New York City and plan to plant it on the Statue of Liberty. Another is found in a container on a truck in Atlanta GA.
The other I can't remember how it was found since I read the book.
I had the idea that maybe in Jericho that terrorist had managed to plant warheads around the country and at that moment set them all off destroying all the big cities and knocking out all communications around the country.
So tonight maybe we learn more about what has happened and how.
ashfire

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:28 pm

I watched the premiere the other day. There were a lot of things I didn't get about this show. Honestly, it frustrated me instead of intriguing me. So I have mixed feelings about watching it again.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ashfire » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:37 pm

I guess the show is a way to look at what life would be if the country was attacked in such a way. How would the people react and would work to survive.
One movie that came out on DVD "The Day After" showed during the time of the Cold War between US and USSR almost total destruction and death and dying.
There have been many movies about from the 50s to today that showed the coming of a nuclear attack and the aftermath. I think some had us almost back to the stone age to mutants taking over.
ashfire

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:54 pm

I've been watching it, and I think it's pretty interesting.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby ashfire » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:01 pm

After watching some of the episodes its begining to look like some sort of conspiracy has taken place. The new comer to town seems to know things and has come prepared with many things he has hidden in a storeage unit in town. Tonight he is using a satellite dish and a computer setup and secret codes. You get the feeling he was more than a cop that he has told everyone in town.
Oh Wow! The end of the show tonight the US launched missiles.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:23 pm

Well it looks like what I said earlier based on the book Liberty. The story is that people drove atomic bombs into the cities and set them off.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Thu May 31, 2007 5:54 pm

Well I don't know how many CAA members watched the show but I guess alot of you have learned that CBS canceled the show just as things were about to blow. The neighboring town was attacking, the former mayor died of a gunshot and the army was coming to defend the town and recover a stolen A Bomb and the person who had it.
I emailed CBS to protest and said finish the story. Don't leave it hanging. I said make the final a TV mini movie series, Two hour two night final.
Even signed a online petition.
ashfire

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm

Yeah, I heard they canceled it. That sucks. It was one of the more interesting shows on TV, one of the few I'd actually take the time to watch, but, oh well, I'm perfectly fine without it.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
SnoringFrog

Postby ashfire » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:39 pm

:dance: Only thing I would figure would work as a nut. Could use this one :hits_self or :dizzy: .Well it looks like CBS gave in to the fans of the show after the major barrage of emails, phone calls and the delivery of 3,000 pounds of nuts, (Nuts was the name of the last episode).
CBS had to scramble to be sure to get the stars and others involve with the show so that filming would start to have the show ready for mid season
ashfire

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:43 pm

So it's coming back? Cool.
SnoringFrog

Postby [GMOD]Vedicardi » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Actually, if you watched it, the 3000 .lbs of nuts is kind of like an inside joke. If you actually watch the last episode of the first season, which is in fact titled nuts, you'd get it. You can watch every episode so far legally and free at CBS's website.
Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.
[GMOD]Vedicardi

Postby shojoiscool2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:25 am

Can someone tell me what happened in the last episode. I stopped watching awhile ago, but I'll watch it again if there is a second season.
shojoiscool2

Postby ashfire » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:56 pm

When did you stop watching because there is alot to tell how everything got to where it was.
ashfire

Return to General Entertainment