The Family Channel Sat and Sun Morning Programing Change

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Family Channel Sat and Sun Morning Programing Change

Postby ashfire » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:36 pm

:( Well it looks like another cable channel has changed its programing for Sat and Sun mornings. They did away with their anime and Power Rangers shows to run the old Dukes Of Hazzard and Full House TV shows.
I guess if you have digital channels for Toon Disney you can watch what they took off Family Channel.
Its getting to the point that the cable companies want more money by putting show that you are enjoying on the digital channels so you will pay to see them. :bang:
ashfire

Postby beau99 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:56 pm

Well, digital cable will be a requirement in a couple years. They're just preparing you.
beau99

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:51 pm

Are you sure it was permenant and not just for Labor Day?A lot of networks had different scheds because of Labor Day.
mitsuki lover

Postby beau99 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:45 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Are you sure it was permenant and not just for Labor Day?A lot of networks had different scheds because of Labor Day.

ABC Family announced months ago that they were getting rid of Jetix on their station because they don't want anything to do with programming made to appeal to children only.
beau99

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 pm

Though that wouldn't have affected their other programming.
As far as Toon Disney goes,it looks like it will be next Sunday and not this Sunday before they get down to actually airing their new line up as this Sunday they're rerunning the Red Ranger MArathon.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:47 pm

Actually, I have Toon Disney but not digital cable.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:16 pm

I think Jetix was the only channel on a non-digital station where you could catch "Digimon: Digital Monsters"...bummer...:waah!:

Anyway...Brian Donovan (Jetix Announcer) is out of work...:bootout: unless you count Rock Lee on Naruto!:lol:
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:30 pm

why is that? There is still the Toondisney Jetix...O_o
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:31 pm

Oh, so he DOES announce on Jetix. Or, well, did. I always thought it sounded like Davis, but I could never say for sure....

Plus, they still have a Jetix block on Toon Disney, so he's not out of a job yet. XD
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:37 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:why is that? There is still the Toondisney Jetix...O_o

Yeah, but that's not on the basic cable Disney channel. Here, Toon Disney is on Digital Cable, so those without Toon Disney are out of digi-luck.

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:Oh, so he DOES announce on Jetix. Or, well, did. I always thought it sounded like Davis, but I could never say for sure....

Yep. That was Daisuke Motamiya, allright! Just listen to the way he pronunces the word "Digimon" when doing the "What's Coming on Next" thing. Sounds identical to Davis!

I wonder what will happen to "Oban: Star Racers", the new "Amerime" (American Anime). Will it follow over to Toon Disney?

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Oban has always been on ToonDisney (I have basic cable at my HOME but I am not sure if we have it in my dorm..lol..but yeah i have been watching it during the summer on TOONdisney..

i hardly ever watched it on ABCfam.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby beau99 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:48 am

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:I wonder what will happen to "Oban: Star Racers", the new "Amerime" (American Anime). Will it follow over to Toon Disney?

It's been on Toon Disney since it premiered. Jetix programming is now TD-exclusive. The fans of Oban who don't have digital cable aren't too happy.

And a clarification: Oban is actually a French-Japanese collaboration. So technically it IS an anime (in both valid uses of the term).
beau99

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:36 pm

beau99 wrote:And a clarification: Oban is actually a French-Japanese collaboration. So technically it IS an anime (in both valid uses of the term).

I stand clarified. Thanks! I do feel a bit outdone however..."Oban Star Racers" looks like it would've been a good anime to get into on the side, but just when it was getting interesting, it gets pushed back to Digital! Bummer...:rant:

KhakiBlueSocks

Return to General Entertainment