Stay

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Stay

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:44 pm

Ok anyone but me seen this movie? It was really good but soooo confusing. I wasn't sure what was going on the whole time. I have heard it compared to Donnie Darko but i didn't see the comparison.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:20 pm

Lol yea, I loved that movie :D I just bought the DVD the other day infact. But yea, you and me are probably the only two who have seen it... it bombed royally at the boxoffice and noone else I know has even heard of it.

Anyway, the movie is actually quite simple if you sit and think about it for a little bit and then rewatch it. The movie deffenately benifits from repeated viewings...

The only reason the movie is compared to Donnie Darko is cause

[spoiler]some people see Donnie Darko as Donnie having a dream before he died and the dream was to prepare him for death. So the whole movie they feel is a dream (I don't agree with that but anyway). In Stay, the whole movie IS a dream. Well, actually, the kid is having a NDE. That and they're both confusing the first time you watch it. But thats basically the only connection... personally I think Stay has more in common with Jacobs Ladder than Donnie Darko.[/spoiler]
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby The Last Bard » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:24 pm

I have been meaning to watch this, and I've almost bought it a few times. I really need to now.
The Last Bard

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:38 pm

WHOA! I know absolutely nothing about this movie and I have never heard about it. What's it about?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:59 pm

Linksquest wrote: What's it about?

A psychiatrist who is trying to help this suicidal college student who plans to kill himself in 3 days for some "unknown" reason. As the doctor tries to unravel the kids past and what happened, everything just starts getting real confusing and bizarre till nothing really makes any sense. The visual effects really help with the "what the crap is going on?" feel.

It's really hard to describe any more than that without totally spoiling the whole thing :D
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:12 pm

Scarecrow wrote:It's really hard to describe any more than that without totally spoiling the whole thing :D

Yes that statement is dead on. It is way to hard to explain without giving anything away.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to General Entertainment