Do you think they should make a Homestarrunner?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Do you think they should make a Homestarrunner?

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Just a random idea. They could use the cartoons already on the site and put those on tv running like 6 episodes each half hour run.

They have Dvds...

Just a thought.....
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Firefly- » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:27 pm

I would definatley watch that but, they would run out of cartoons pretty fast.
But, that woud force them to make new ones even faster thus more homestar runner!
:dance: It's peanut butter jelly time!

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny.
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

Numa Numa YAY!
/
:dance: :dance:
Firefly-

Location: If you are reading this then you are a stalker. Stop reading about me stalker! *Runs in room and loc

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:54 pm

There is a new SB email every week... For one animator, that's pretty darned fast!! If they had a team of 10 animators, and had the brothers chap only doing scripts and voices, it would work... I mean, southpark is done in flash, and entire episodes are done a week at a time... I think it would be awesome... They'd have to have more stuff to go on, though... Start stretching out all of their characters and offshoots...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Duse ! That is Sweet! Sweet Sweet
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Myoti » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:17 pm

Yes. Or a movie at least. =D
Myoti

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:59 pm

I was thinking about a movie, too
In theaters... Strongbad's first movie! no... Wiat... The Strongbad Movie... No... how about simply... SB... Or how about Strongbadia: Prelude to destruction. Hmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:38 pm

Nope. You really can't separate -- well, I guess you could, but why would you want to? -- Homestar/SB from the 'web. Like Marshall McLuhan said -- the medium is the message -- SB answering "e-mails" on TV? No way. And besides, how would you find all those great easter eggs?
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Nate » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm

TBC have been approached by a couple of networks asking to make a TV series, and TBC have always said no. I wish I could find the article, but basically they said turning it into a half hour cartoon series would destroy the fun and randomness of it.

And like ClosetOtaku said, how could you do the Easter Eggs?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:09 pm

i want a trogdor movie
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:31 pm

Well, considering it takes over an hour to beat peasent's quest, I don't think having an over an hour long HR would be bad...
Bobtheduck

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:37 pm

I thought they should maybe try at least a short series - that is five 5 minute shorts that are tied togethre - just for the kick of it - at least just once. It doesn't need to have a 'plot' just, say, something like the characters going to the sea together and the usual madness ensues. I'd like to see something like that. But I doubt it would ever come...
bigsleepj

Postby Ryusei » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:58 pm

Lynx wrote:i want a trogdor movie

Yeah, that Peasant's Quest preview made me REALLY want them to make a Trogdor/Peasant's Quest movie. Wouldn't that be just awesome?
"That's some good advice. Maybe I should write that down, frame it, and stick it up on my wall." - Colonel Karl Lichen Schubaltz (Zoids: Chaotic Century)

"I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours" - Casting Crowns ("Who Am I")
Ryusei

Postby TrigunX89 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:51 am

No way! But I bet Homsar could make a great kids' show...

Meh, they did it with Happy Tree Friends, so why not? I wouldn't mind seeing random H*R clips on tv from time to time. Just don't fill a whole 30-min timeslot with it.
TrigunX89

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:22 pm

Happy Tree friends... Anyone who can enjoy that for more than about a minute... I don't understand...
Bobtheduck

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:07 am

I'd watch a tv series.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Steeltemplar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:15 am

As soon as you get into television or movies, then you start getting people other than the creators wanting to change things. Executives, hired script writers, etc.. I really am wary of that idea. I worry that it would end up as being inferior to a great degree to the original.

It reminds me of a PBS tv show I used to watch a lot: The Red Green Show. It was about as low budget as you could get and still be on national TV. :lol: But it was hilarious. Then they got popular and came out with a new version of the show, no doubt with the "help" of outside influences. The new show, IMO, just isn't funny. It's sad that they ruined it.

So I am left wondering if this would be Homestarrunner's fate as well if given over to the world of TV and especially movies.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby gungrave » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:19 am

I personally think that homestarrunner would be BAD as an actual show... I think its perfect the way it is but maybe thats juat me
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:26 am

i agree grave it should just stay the way it is cuz if it whent to a show it would have to get changed and that just would not do
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:53 pm

It might be neat if the collected the shorts and put them on DVD though...I'd definately buy it.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:03 pm

That Dude wrote:It might be neat if the collected the shorts and put them on DVD though...I'd definately buy it.

Uh...they did. :P

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:26 pm

Oh...Nevermind then :sweat:
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to General Entertainment