CAA NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

CAA NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em

Postby freerock1 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:44 am

Since I didn't see one of these already, I figured I'd set it up...

Join with your fellow CAAers to pick your NCAA Tournament brackets. Not for any money, just for fun and bragging rights.

Be sure to have your picks in by Noon Eastern Time on Thursday, March 16.

Sign-up info:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men/register/joinprivategroup
Group ID#: 75141
Group Name: CAA Pickem
Group Password: madash
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby meboeck » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:59 am

I'm all set up and ready to go. Go ACC!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:56 pm

I know neither one will make it all the way but I've gotta go with the Washington Huskies and Gonzaga Bulldogs in their respective divisions.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:10 pm

So, we gonna get more takers on this? Turnout hasn't been that great so far, and we'd love to have everyone who will on board.

You've got about another day and a half to sign up. ;)
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:28 pm

I am joining right now... all I can say is West Virginia... you better follow in your football teams footsteps and NOT LET ME DOWN!!!!
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby termyt » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Termyt has joined.

However, Termyt knows nothing about college basketball.

So, perhaps you can get some revenge for the total thrashing Termyt delt you in Pro Football Pick'em.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby freerock1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:03 am

Nice to see things picking up a bit, but we'd still love to have more people on board.

And actually, I thought I held my own fairly well in the Football Pick 'Em. It just seemed like more of a thrashing since no one else seemed as dedicated as you and I. :P

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby termyt » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:37 pm

All-right! I am one for three! (Almost lost the Boston College one, too).

So far so good. <.< >.>
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby meboeck » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:42 pm

termyt wrote:All-right! I am one for three!

You and me both. And I discovered that you and I have the exact same picks for the whole Minneapolis region. Weird...
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:42 pm

while I haven't filled out any brackets all my brothers and my dad have and EVERY single guy at school has... we watched the PAC BC game in French class and at the VERY END of when they were tied our vice principal came in and made us turn it off. But we turned it back on again at the very end of class... so Boston won? Man, that's gonna screw up some people in my class. They had Pacific in the final four.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Peanut » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Well... so far I am 3 for 7... thanks a lot Nevada and Marquette... you have failed me... again...

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:56 am

Yay! I am in the lead! Dance time :dance: :dance:

Peanut

Postby freerock1 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:36 pm

:stressed: Boy, I don't know what in the world happened on mine. My Atlanta bracket is still relatively intact, but after that it goes to pot. Usually I do better in these Pick 'Ems than this. Thanks Bradley, Washington, Wichita State, and George Mason. At least 3 of my Final Four are still in it.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Yeah... meboeck is in a lot of trouble too, he had North Carolina winning the National Championship... anyway, I have checked the scenario generator and its still anybodies game, so we'll have to see who wins.

Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:50 pm

I'm happy Gonzaga and Washington both made it to the Sweet 16.Now all Washington needs to do is beat those other Huskies from UConn...
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:52 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I'm happy Gonzaga and Washington both made it to the Sweet 16.Now all Washington needs to do is beat those other Huskies from UConn...

I sure hope not... I have Uconn winning the national championship.

Peanut

Postby freerock1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:25 am

You should have joined up with us in the Pick 'Em, Mitsuki. Maybe next year we'll get you in. ;)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby termyt » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:50 am

It looks like you are walking away with it anyways, Peanut.

Meboeck is hanging on in second, but he is toast. With only a max of 100 points, I'm afraid he's most likely to end up in fourth.

Second place looks to be between me and freerock1. I have no chance to win the tourney, but if things go extremely well for freerock1, he could slide in front.
termyt

Postby Peanut » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:17 pm

Actually, if Gonzaga runs the table, and if Villanova and Uconn lose either in the Sweet 16 or in the Elite 8, meboeck would end up winning... but still, what's the chance of that actually happening...

Peanut

Postby termyt » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:04 pm

Hope springs eternal for our toasted freind meboeck.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm

For myself I would just love to see Washington and Gonzaga face each other in the
tournament.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:59 pm

...Duke just lost... now I am officailly in a lot of trouble...

Peanut

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:01 pm

Peanut wrote:...Duke just lost... now I am officailly in a lot of trouble...

Yes, but it was a very exciting and tight game. I never knew LSU can play such great defense this year. My goodness.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby termyt » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:01 am

Peanut wrote:...Duke just lost... now I am officailly in a lot of trouble...

Stunning. I spoke too soon. It appears that the mathematical oddity I needed to get back into the race actually happened.

Now if Villanova looses, I will be favored to win.
termyt

Postby Peanut » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:20 pm

You still need Texas to beat LSU and either Memphis or UCLA before you are really, truly favored to win... Anyway, it should come right down to the wire, everyone but meboeck can still win.

Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Well Gonzaga blew it again this year.They had UCLA and then instead of holding on to the ball they allowed UCLA to score the winning basket.They should have at least fouled and made UCLA earn the points.This is the second time they have gotten to the Sweet 16 and lost.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:26 pm

At least Washington managed to last one period longer than Gonzaga,as they lost in overtime.
Guess I am just going to have to pin my hopes on UCLA making it to the Final Four now.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Well... now it is getting interesting... with Uconn gone Termyt is officially dead and I am in some serious trouble... The entire CAA pickem group champion...thing, will be decided by either Florida v. Villanova or G. Mason v. Villanova (if nova manges to beat Florida)...*insert random DBZ announcer voice here* who will win, will it be me, the semi-sole possesor of first place for the almost the entire tournament, or will it be freerock, who fell to last place after several stunning upsets in the first and second round... tune in later this afternoon... or later this week to find out, on CAA's Tournament Pickem group!!!!
Ok... Ok... I am sorry that I did that, but I couldn't resist... anyway this is getting really interesting since both Duke and Uconn are now out of the tournament... yay uncalled for upsets! Thanks for ruining brackets nation wide with your never giving up mentallity and underdog likeness... well... I guess I have no choice but to cheer for G. Mason from now on... so... GO G. MASON!!!!!!!!!!

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:05 pm

Well... good job everyone, but in the end... you all failed... I have won! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I'm just kidding... about the failing part... anyway, it was fun... hopefully, we will all still be around to do it again either next year... or with some other sport... untill then... I am the CAA Pickem Champion!!!!!!

Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Hey did anyone even think George Mason would even get into the Sweet 16 let alone the Final Four?
mitsuki lover

Next

Return to General Entertainment