Old School Nick

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Old School Nick

Postby Petite Soeur » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Who else loved the Old School Nick? Legends of the Hidden Temple was my fave. I so wanted to be on that show as a little girl.
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:27 pm

I wanted to be on Nick Arcade when I was a kid... Playing arcade games on TV... My kind of show!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby TurkishMonky » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:09 am

i remember legends of the hidden temple...
kewl show.
TurkishMonky

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:44 am

...how far back would "old school" be concidered? Closest thing I had to the Nick channel was YTV, airing things like the ORIGINAL Rugrats, and Ah! Real Monsters! Way back when...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Ssjjvash » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:28 pm

The originals rocked! I've always wanted to be on a game show--Guts!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:12 pm

What about the oldest nick show I can remember: You can't do that on Television! I watched that when my parents weren't looking... I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have liked that...

Old nick shows, hmm? Doug, rugrats, Double Dare (and it's, like, 5 offspring), Nick Arcade, Legend of the Hidden Temple... Was guts the one with all the sports related events? Sorta like American Gladiator, only with kids? I hated that show... Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it All, Alex Mack Pete and Pete (both the shorts and the full show), Inside Out Boy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:36 am

Aah~! I used to LOVE Legends of the Hidden Temple! And Doug! Doug was my favorite show, back in the day. I also used to watch Kenan and Kel and the original All That all the time (my uncle was on it twice, haha!)! Man, those WERE the days. :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:00 pm

Man! I could spend all day in this thread! I LOVED the old school Nickeloden! It was so cool! Saturday's I was in front of my TV watching "What Would You Do?" and "The Secret World of Alex Mack" (Question For Star Trek: DS9 Fans: What do Alex and Odo have in common?)

I also used to love "Space Cases" THE ORIGINAL "All That" "Kenan and Kel" "Salute Your Shorts"...I could go on all day...but since I'm getting very pecular looks in the library because of my very fast, very loud typing, I'll just go on tonight!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Doe Johnson » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:06 pm

I watched Doug, Rugrats, Guts even though I didn't like it, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it All, The Secret Life of Alex Mack - I LOVED that show!! Would the origninal All That count? hehe...the French lessons...those were great...
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:07 pm

Hey, does anyone remember the Mystery Files of Shelby Woo?? I used to LOVE that show! And, I also have a question. Does anyone remember a show about an alien kid who was living on earth? He he had two friends (a guy and a girl), and he would always have these alien agencies chasing after him...Does anyone remember that show?? I think his name started with an A...But I just can't remember the title! I used to watch it all the time! XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ssjjvash » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:08 pm

haha, Salute Your Shorts--the ONLY thing I remember about that show is the opening song.
XD
"...And when we think about you: it makes us wanna' fart!!"
Have you guys seen Doug's 1st Movie? I did. It was pretty funny.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Old Nick.

Ah...good times.
Tommy

Postby glitch1501 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:10 pm

ah man, i havent heard alot of these names in ages, good memories, i also liked ghost writer, i believe that was on nick

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:50 am

Ssjjvash wrote:haha, Salute Your Shorts--the ONLY thing I remember about that show is the opening song.
XD
"...And when we think about you: it makes us wanna' fart!!"

Rofl same here.

Oh man, those were the days. I used to watch most of the shows you guys mentioned here. I also used to watch Wild & Crazy Kids sometimes...

My sister would watch "Are You Afraid of the Dark," and I always got freaked out.
TrigunX89

Postby Petite Soeur » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Hey, does anyone remember the Mystery Files of Shelby Woo?? I used to LOVE that show! And, I also have a question. Does anyone remember a show about an alien kid who was living on earth? He he had two friends (a guy and a girl), and he would always have these alien agencies chasing after him...Does anyone remember that show?? I think his name started with an A...But I just can't remember the title! I used to watch it all the time! XD

Allan Strange. It was out around the same time as Space Cases.
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:40 pm

Petite Soeur wrote:Allan Strange. It was out around the same time as Space Cases.

"The Journey of Allan Strange." That was a pretty cool show for a while! They should have made a few more episodes of "Space Cases". It was like Star Trek for the younger set! I know I LOVED it...probably why I'm a trekkie now!

Anybody remembers "What Would You Do?" I always wanted to be in that studio audience...no clue why in hind sight...:P
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby righteous_slave » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:03 pm

I have seen no mention of Welcome Freshman!?!?!? To quote Lipman "ooooooooooooooo freshmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :)

Salute your shorts and Clarisa were also favorites.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:04 pm

The Journey of Allan Strange, THAT'S it!! Thanks much, guys, you have no idea how much that was bothering me. :lol:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Allegro » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:13 pm

Old School Nick was awesome. From what I could remember of it, the three "main" toons were Doug, Rugrats, and Ren and Stimpy (which oddly enough was my favorite of the three Nicktoons). Rocko's Modern Life was also a fun show that premiered later.

I loved Nick Arcade. The fact that YOU were in the game made it feel like a very interesting show when I was younger. Though, pretty much I got hooked on the old Loony Toons re-runs that used to air constantly during the evening hours.
Allegro

Postby Puguni » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Yeah, I remember those days. XD I got scared a lot by some shows, like Alex Mack, and Are You Afraid of the Dark. I remember I liked Doug though. *nods*
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Firefly- » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:24 am

*Sighs* I miss are you afraid of the dark.....Invader ZIM wasn't that old school but, I still have to ask why did they cancell it. It is an awesome show. I still watch it on nicktoons but, I would like to see new episodes.
:dance: It's peanut butter jelly time!

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny.
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

Numa Numa YAY!
/
:dance: :dance:
Firefly-

Location: If you are reading this then you are a stalker. Stop reading about me stalker! *Runs in room and loc

Return to General Entertainment