Pro Wrestler Eddie Guerrero Dead

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Pro Wrestler Eddie Guerrero Dead

Postby Stephen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:23 pm

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

Quite a bummer. He was too young. I guess from what some wrestling sites are saying, he was found with his toothbrush in his mouth in his hotel room. No real solid ideas have come up over what killed him....but if I had to guess I would say its related to steroid use...and Eddys noted years of drug use before getting his life together. Still, very much a shame.

Edit:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/cgi-bin/h ... 9404.shtml

According to that link, Eddie had recently gotten saved...which is awesome.

"WWE.com has just posted a video press conference with Chavo Guerrero and Vince McMahon. Chavo was visibly upset but remained calm during the conference. Vince McMahon said that tonight's shows (RAW and SmackDown!) will both be tribute shows which will air this week. Several reporters asked questions to both Chavo and Vince. Chavo said that he and Eddie both flew in from Phoenix yesterday. He said they ate dinner and then went to their hotel rooms. Chavo got his wakeup call and when Eddie didn't answer, the security guards contacted Chavo (knowing him from the past when WWE has been in town) to see if something was wrong. Chavo then rushed to the room and when they entered they found Eddie on the floor of the bathroom. Chavo noted that Eddie had just told him on the plane ride in that he was 4 years sober and had really changed his life around (born again Christian). Vince noted that Eddie has recently relocated and said that nobody was being forced to compete at the tapings. Both Vince and Chavo noted that if Eddie was still here, he would want the show to go on so that is what they are doing. Again, RAW and SmackDown! will feature live matches as well as tributes including comments from the stars. Chavo does go into grave detail as to his last 24 hours with Eddie Guerrero including trying to perform CPR on him in the bathroom. It is available here http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/ ... epressconf

The plan was to originally take the title off Batista tonight at the tapings, giving it to either Orton or Guerrero. There is no word on how they will work around this due to this tragic and sudden passing."
Stephen

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:01 am

Yeah, he was one of my faves (I stopped watching when that Zach Galligan guy showed up. He was an insult to handicapped people). Ah well, he's probably frog splashing someone in Heaven any minute now. They'll probably do a tribute to him on Smackdown Friday.
rocklobster

Postby Scepth » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:42 am

I was shocked when I heard about this last night.. :sniffle: Eddie was one of my fav wrestlers. :waah!:

RIP holmes.. :sniffle: :sniffle:

_[color=LemonChiffon]__
__. .______[/color]
\\\[color=plum]_[Color=LemonChiffon]__[/color]\ /_[Color=LemonChiffon]__[/color]///[/color]
[color=plum]\\_[/Color]═╬═[color=plum]_//[/color]
\[Color=Plum]|[/color][Color=Plum]|/[/color]

:[color=indigo]::Mäķė Beļïëv3:::[/color]
[color=Indigo]Şčęק†ђ[/color]
<@
Scepth

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:47 pm

rocklobster wrote:They'll probably do a tribute to him on Smackdown Friday.

They are going to do a tribute to him on RAW and Smackdown this week.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Scepth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:48 am

I saw RAW's tribute to Eddie last night. :sniffle:

I still can't believe Eddie's gone.. He was one, if not the most fun wrestler to watch in WWE.

He will be missed dearly.. :waah!: :waah!: :waah!:

_[color=LemonChiffon]__
__. .______[/color]
\\\[color=plum]_[Color=LemonChiffon]__[/color]\ /_[Color=LemonChiffon]__[/color]///[/color]
[color=plum]\\_[/Color]═╬═[color=plum]_//[/color]
\[Color=Plum]|[/color][Color=Plum]|/[/color]

:[color=indigo]::Mäķė Beļïëv3:::[/color]
[color=Indigo]Şčęק†ђ[/color]
<@
Scepth

Postby freerock1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:12 am

Very sad, but he's with the Lord now.

I got to see most of Raw last night. Some very nice tributes. I'm not one to cry about stuff, but at one point I did get a little choked when they showed the kid in the audience leaning on his dad crying (I think it was) during the 10-bell salute.

It was awesome to hear so many of the wrestlers, even many of whom aren't Christians to my knowledge, speak about the witness that he was. And Shawn Michaels' bit was awesome, when he was speaking about how Eddie is now with our Lord Jesus Christ; I felt like the Spirit of the Lord was in his speech.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:05 am

I loved that match! Mysterio Jr and HBK need to be a tag team! That would rule
rocklobster

Postby Stephen » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:48 am

I saw Raw last night. I really enjoyed Benoits and HBKs segments. I did not know till really recently that Eddie had became a Christian. It does soften the news of his death a bit...knowing he is indeed in a better place. (Its awesome when someone can say that...and not be just a cliche)
Stephen

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:57 am

I saw the HBK/Rey Mysterio match. That ruled! They should be a tag team!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:17 pm

Generally I don't watch Wrestling on tv.Today on Fox News Channel in relation to the stereoids in MLB they interviewed John "Bradshaw" Leyfield toward the end
they got talking about Guerro.
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:24 pm

Yeah. I felt dumb for saying at first I figured it was roids. I diden't realise Eddie had become such a good person. I think his death was the results of years of drug use (before he got his life together) and the constant hectic touring.
Stephen

Postby freerock1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:45 pm

They released the findings of the initial autopsy today. They said it was heart failure. It is believed that his heart was damaged from his drug problems a few years back, but there's nothing so far, as far as I know, that points toward steroids that they are aware of.

Continue to keep his wife and family in prayer. It sounds like his wife is dealing with fears about the future financially:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Return to General Entertainment