The Lone Ranger: Good or Bad?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Lone Ranger: Good or Bad?

Postby Linksquest » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:15 pm

I grew up listening to the old shows of the lone ranger, and liking them ok, but not locing them or hating them.

One day my spanish teacher told us that
Tonto, the name of The Lone Ranger's indian companion in spanish means: Stupid. And that Kemosabe was a play on the slang phrase "Que me sabe" which roughly means, one who know more.

This site shows other meanings that could be behind these names.

http://www.write101.com/kemosabe.htm

What is your take?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:35 pm

I'd go with the Jewell version since he was the one who was responsible for
directing the radio version of the show and apparently introduced the term.
Although most of the others seems just as likely.However since Jewell was involved with the series his version should get some what more authority.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment