Favorite Disney movie?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite Disney movie?

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:03 am

I've been on a huge Disney nostalgia kick lately, and I don't think I've seen a thread like this, so I'm making one :]

I think my favorite is probably Beauty and the Beast. I also like Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood and a few others.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:49 am

I was absolutely obsessed with the Lion King as a ten-year-old. I think my brother and I watched it on video somewhere around 50 times during the summer of 1995. Needless to say, I'm kinda biased towards it.

Other than that, I really like Beauty and the Beast, and Lilo and Stitch. Because I think that Stitch and the Beast rock muchly :grin:
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:58 am

Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Alladin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Little Mermaid, Mulan, Tarzan and Lilo & Stitch are their best new movies. Of the old ones its Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmations, Pinocchio, Dumbo and Jungle Book. Mary Poppins is kind of in another category but I like it as well.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:22 am

Lilo and Stitch I thought was one of Disney's worst, I tried to enjoy it but it just seemed like an expensive Saturday cartoon. My favourite Disney is The Lion King and then probably Mulan.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:32 am

What I liked about Lili & Stitch is that it does not really try to make these characters sympathetic from the start - Stitch is a monster and Lilo a brat and through these relatively unsympathetic characters they create a real bond between the themselves. In the end the sentimental ending does not feel contrived but actually justified. I have nothing against sentimentality if its done right.
bigsleepj

Postby Hephzibah » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:50 am

Definitely the Lion King. Not really the 2nd one (i actually prefered the third one :P ) but the first was in a class of its own. It was great! I got for a bday present, and strewth that thing was watched atleast 3 times that day ;)
Hephzibah

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:17 am

The cartoon Robin Hood! The cartoon Robin Hood! Augh! How could you forget the cartoon Robin Hood?! ;)

"And the Sheriff thanks yew too."
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:46 am

Hoodeladdy, golly what a day...
bigsleepj

Postby KBMaster » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:54 am

bigsleepj wrote:What I liked about Lili & Stitch is that it does not really try to make these characters sympathetic from the start - Stitch is a monster and Lilo a brat and through these relatively unsympathetic characters they create a real bond between the themselves. In the end the sentimental ending does not feel contrived but actually justified. I have nothing against sentimentality if its done right.

Dude, you are putting WAY too much thought into this. Alice in Wonderland was one of the best Disneys. Why isn't it up there?? I cried on the Lion King. [SPOILER]MUUUUUFAAAAASAAAAAAAA[/SPOILER]
Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Lilo and Stitch I thought was one of Disney's worst,

Nooo, Fox and the Hound was Disney's worst. :shady:
KBMaster

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:57 am

KBMaster wrote:Dude, you are putting WAY too much thought into this. Alice in Wonderland was one of the best Disneys. Why isn't it up there?? I cried on the Lion King.

And what's wrong with that?
bigsleepj

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:12 am

What Atlantis? That was a good one, or I have no taste.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:20 am

Gasp! I LOVE Beauty and the Beast!! But, I also love Alice and Wonderland and Robin Hood! Oh, the memories! "We're painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red", "Well pardon me, but Mr. Three, why must we paint them red?" Hahaha! I loved Alice in Wonderland. I was nearly obsessed with The Lion King for a time, though...It was one of my very favorites!! ^_^ And how can a person not love Mary Poppins? XD I love it!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Galant » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:44 am

Erm.... TARZAN! And excuse me for saying so but Minnie Driver as Jane is just a little too attractive!

Pardon me if it doesn't make one want to go don a lion cloth and go climbing trees!

:)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Adopted by Starfire!

OATS - for Shoobie goodness!
Galant

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:05 am

I'll go with Aladdin...yeah...I really liked Aladdin.

Though Lilo and Stitch was quite good too.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Syaoran » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:07 am

Pinocchio was one of my faves. On the pole list I like all of them
Syaoran

Postby sarahcarter06 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:22 am

Lion King!!!

I haven't watched it in so long.......!
sarahcarter06

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:08 am

Yeah, sorry, I forgot a whole bunch of movies (that's why I put the "other" option >.>).

Robin Hood...man, I gotta buy that next time I get a chance. That movie had the best songs and characters. X3

I used to watch Alice in Wonderland a lot as a kid, and also The Little Mermaid O_o The Lion King was actually the first movie I ever saw in theatres (long story) but I think I watched it too many times XD;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:11 am

my favorite would be anastasia. i luv the song called once apon a december. "Dancing bears... Painted wings... things i almost remember... and a song someone sings.... once aopn a december..."
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:12 am

hey sarah how about you get online msn. i am on right now. ^-^
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox

Shadowchild

Postby sarahcarter06 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:21 am

Shadowchild wrote:hey sarah how about you get online msn. i am on right now. ^-^

Alright...! I usually just sign on AIM and don't think to get on MSN or Yahoo...!
sarahcarter06

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:21 am

okay tokay. ^-^

Shadowchild

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Robin Hood! How could you forget Robin Hood?

Robin Hood is seriously my favorite disney movie by far.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:53 pm

To be honest, I didn't put it on the poll because I figured nobody else liked it. o_o
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby termyt » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:08 pm

Shadowchild wrote:my favorite would be anastasia. i luv the song called once apon a december. "Dancing bears... Painted wings... things i almost remember... and a song someone sings.... once aopn a december..."

Anastasia is a very good movie. However, it's not Disney. It's 20th Century Fox.

My favorite has to be Beauty and the Beast, although I also selected Little Mermaid, which I also liked very much (Where's the DVD? Wretched mouse!).

No one's mentioned Pirates of the Caribbean? Wasn't that Disney? The best live action movie Disney's made since Mary Poppins.
termyt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:12 pm

I guess I often forget Pirates was by Disney because it was such a good movie. >_>;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Old Robin hood and Nightmare BEfore X-Mas

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:32 pm

Forgot to mention that Emporer's New Groove made me giggle hysterically. 'tis a highly underrated movie. It's strange, although I can fully understand why people might not like Lilo and Stitch, or Stitch himself, I still adore the little blue maniacal mutant koala bear.

*glomps her Stitch doll, whom she has dubbed Ringo*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby termyt » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:38 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:*glomps her Stitch doll, whom she has dubbed Ringo*

RINGO? Bwa-ha-ha-ha!* That's awesome.

*pre-web speak for ROTFL

[quote="ShiroiHikari"]I guess I often forget Pirates was by Disney because it was such a good movie. >_>]
I was thinking that, but I didn't want to say it. I'm glad you did.
termyt

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:54 pm

I really liked Rescuers Down Under, but Robin Hood will always be my fav ... but then there's Beauty and the Beast ... I can't decide!!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Maledicte » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:03 pm

if ya said you LIKED "Robin Hood" then why isn't it on the poll!?! :stressed: that movie influenced me to no end.

That said, I also like the Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan, Oliver and Company and The Rescuers Down Under. And Hercules and Hunchback.....*goes in a daze*

And what about the crappy Disney sequels? perhaps that's a bit unfair...I like Aladdin and the King of Thieves the best.
Maledicte

Next

Return to General Entertainment