We Reversed The Curse, What Now YANKEES?!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

We Reversed The Curse, What Now YANKEES?!

Postby Tommy » Fri May 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Yep, Yankees. You were Vader, we were Luke. Your ruled us, you were are father. You were part of the dark side of the force, we were Jedies. We won in the end, , you lost. The same will happen this year. And the year after.....

Unless the curse of the martinez unfolds.......

GO RED SOX!

- Except I don`t like Johnny Damon that much. He was cool until he starting thinking he was the coolest.-
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby sanosuke_495 » Fri May 20, 2005 5:05 pm

hahaha yankees suck, GO RED SOX!!
sanosuke_495

Postby kirakira » Fri May 20, 2005 10:52 pm

*Ouch* I'll try not to think any less of you guys...*wink*

By the bye, isn't the plural of 'Jedi' 'Jedi'? Like salmon. *lol*
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Stephen » Fri May 20, 2005 10:58 pm

Damon rocks. He was one of the only reason I enjoyed watching the Red Sox play. I rooted for em because all the locals were so whatever about it. That, and I hate the Yankees. But guess what, so far this year...Baltimore swept both NY and Boston. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. ;)
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Sat May 21, 2005 9:27 am

Yeah, but Shatterheart, only the end of the season matters which is why i`m still worried about the Yankess even in a very low place. Red Sox are up there.

Ortiz and Rameriez are the men!

Derek Jeter is a good player, but if he was traded to Boston.....I`d like him a heck lot more......
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Heart of Sword » Sat May 21, 2005 9:47 am

Since everyone in my *area* likes Red Sox, I have no choice but to vote Yankees. I just like to be different is all...

My dad wrote a song about Pedro once. You know that song "Hey Joe"? Well, I didn't know it, but I know it now, this is how the new one goes (based on the Shoving Zimmer incident):

"Pedro"
Pedro
Where you goin' with that ball in your hand
Pedro
I said where you goin' with that ball in your hand

"I'm gonna take out these Yankees
You know I'm not messin' 'round gonna take 'em down
Gonna take 'em down one by one

And then came old Zimmer
And I grabbed his big ol' melon and I SHOVED 'im!"

Pedro
Where you goin' with that ball in your hand...
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Tommy » Sat May 21, 2005 2:10 pm

Ok.....................

GO SOX!
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon May 23, 2005 7:06 pm

The Curse of A-Rod replaces the Curse of the Bambino!
Note both the Mariners and Rangers had better records AFTER A-Rod left.
mitsuki lover

Postby Arnobius » Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Now it's the Cubs (last 1908) who can talk about a curse...
Arnobius

Postby Tommy » Tue May 24, 2005 2:46 pm

Yeah, Cubs had it worse than the Sox. Not that before 1918, the Sox had the best world series record.

Did you guys here that Bill Buckner tried to commit suicide? He jumped in front of a bus and it went through his legs! XD
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Arnobius » Tue May 24, 2005 3:09 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Yeah, Cubs had it worse than the Sox. Not that before 1918, the Sox had the best world series record.

Did you guys here that Bill Buckner tried to commit suicide? He jumped in front of a bus and it went through his legs! XD

:lol: rofl!
Arnobius

Postby Tommy » Tue May 24, 2005 4:17 pm

Yeah, at least that guy can get a good night sleep now.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby termyt » Wed May 25, 2005 8:00 am

It just shows that the curse of A-Rod is stronger than the curse of the Bambino. Drop A-Rod immediately, Yankees, if you don't want to waste the largest amount of money in baseball history.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Tommy » Thu May 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Arod has anything to do with it...

The Yankess just suck......they won the most world series but thats because the only part of the season that counts is the end which is the only time the Yankees play well. I may hate the team, but they do play well.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Stephen » Tue May 31, 2005 10:50 pm

It has to be mentioned...the killing the Red Sox nailed on the Yanks the other night. What was it, like 17-1? Worst lost in Yankee history. Then, my Orioles beat the BoSox the other day....granted the BoSox avenged that today...but Baltimore is still looking pretty good this year.
Stephen

Postby Rachel » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:34 pm

Wow...I almost don't want to mention how much I love the Yankees. I was really glad when A-Rod went to the Rangers because I really didn't like him very much. Doesn't Nomar Garciapara play for the Red Sox? I like him okay.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby termyt » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:00 pm

Shatterheart wrote:It has to be mentioned...the killing the Red Sox nailed on the Yanks the other night. What was it, like 17-1? Worst lost in Yankee history. Then, my Orioles beat the BoSox the other day....granted the BoSox avenged that today...but Baltimore is still looking pretty good this year.

I hate to have to correct you, but my mother would hurt me bad if I didn't.

The worse loss in Yankee history came last season - a 22-0 (on September 1, 2004, I believe) shellacking by the Cleveland Indians. In New York. Wish I could have been there. The second worst defeat in Yankee history was a 24-6 whooping also delivered by the Indians in 1928.

17-1 is still very amusing to watch.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:51 pm

Wow...the ESPN guys need to be flogged. I was watching TV and one of the doops on there called it "The worst loss in franchise history"...well don't I look silly now...
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:40 pm

Rachel wrote:Wow...I almost don't want to mention how much I love the Yankees. I was really glad when A-Rod went to the Rangers because I really didn't like him very much. Doesn't Nomar Garciapara play for the Red Sox? I like him okay.

Nomar got traded to the cubs last year. He sucked becuae of an injury and we got Orlando Carbrera whom BTW, stunk at first but ended up saving our butts in the end.

I have to say Orioles are doing really good and we Red Sox need Shcilling. i still kinda wish we still had Pedro. Sorry if it seemed like my starting post was bashing Yankees. I don`t mind Yankees fans that live in New York but I really dislike people who live in Boston and are diehard yankees fans. -Points to Pastor Tom, My Dad and feels embarassed.-

Yeah, my dad`s a yankees fan and i`m a Red sox fan and we live in boston.
one time, we got tickets to the Skybox suite, you know the box in the feild you hve a 9% chance of stepping inside of unless your a millionaire. Well, my friend`s uncle is the manager of the Mets and is a Christian and used to play for the Patriots. He hooked us up for those seats. i`m just glad we were in the skybox because that`s the highest ponit in the field so no one could sniper him.

Ok, I was a yankees fan until I was 8, because my Dad always manipualted me to like the teams he liked. well, I liked the red sox a second after a guy in Cape Cod hucked a beer bottle at my head and yelled:

"YANKESS SUCK!"

It wasl ike getting saved. i saw the light. The guy missed my head purposely but got the mesage across. He saved my life and got me a heck lot more friends.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby termyt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:34 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Wow...the ESPN guys need to be flogged. I was watching TV and one of the doops on there called it "The worst loss in franchise history"...well don't I look silly now...

Yeah, I don't think so. That's nothing compared to having a big purple thing that know knows what it as as your avatar.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:49 pm

*laughs* I am still looking for a Kool-Aid Man avatar... Anyway, I am glad to see Balitmore is still doing good...I would love to see them make the playoffs...Its been a while since they have done anything but stink...
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:51 pm

I've been following the Nationals in the paper a bit.Too bad they're in a different
league from the Orioles as it would have made for a natural rivalry between
DC and Baltimore.
mitsuki lover

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:58 pm

Did you know when the National league found out that they would verse the new American League after the NLC, they were insulted because the ALC were considerd beginners.

Who won the first World Series again? Red Sox.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:53 pm

This just made my day, one game gives you 0% to brag. You're team STILL sucks. The fact you went incredibaly long without winning a single game gives you no credibility.
Sesshoumaru

Postby Tommy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:04 pm

Ok kid, you are really getting on my nerves.-we`re continuing this convo from another thread- Sorry, but it`s true. I haven`t blurted out that your team sucks but now i feel it`s necessary.

Yankees Suck.

I have 98% to brag, because since the curse was broken, your team has showed average skill at best.

17-1, Red Sox. Coincidence? I think not.
Tommy

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Come on now ONE game. What happened to all those other years? why is it just this one game the Sox suddenly get good? man even the METS are better than the Sox. One game doesn't make them the best team ever, the Brookyln Dodgers are better than the Sox.
Sesshoumaru

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:02 am

One game. Try like 80 bucko.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Sesshoumaru » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:25 pm

Like I said 86 years and you finally start winning?
Sesshoumaru

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:34 pm

No, we`ve had better skill then your team all 86 years. We just got unlucky in the playoffs.....almost all 86 years.

Listen, obviously you`re going to like the Yankees if you live in N.Y. and I`m gonna gonnal ike the Sox if I live in Boston. I know everyone has their own opinion but you just pop in and say: "The Red Sox seriously suck!" -Keep in my mind, people, this was in the "Red Sox vs.Cubs thread- like it`s factual. You didn`t even say it was your opinion. You just saidit`s a fact. Let`s just say this:

Red Sox are my favorite tam.
Yankees are my least favorite.

Why? Because the yankees are our ultimate rival in which IMO (three letters you really should get used to typing which stand for 'in my opinion') suck badly and have gotten to the world series against teams that are even worse than them.

I know the president of the mets. He`s my friend`s uncle and he`s a strong Christian guy who said most of his players are Christians. Can you at least give me ONE example pf a Christian Yankee? i bet he has a bad attitude.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Stephen » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 am

Has it perhaps hit either of you....that fighting over baseball teams is...at most, stupid? Guess what. There both overpayed steroid freaks who could care less about you. Your not even rooting for a person...because if tomorrow your fav player went to the Redsox/Yankees...you would hate him. You are rooting for a jersey. And at the end of the day, is that worth tearing someones head off about? Take a step back and grow up guys.
Stephen

Next

Return to General Entertainment