Silent Hill

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Silent Hill

Postby inkjet1987 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:58 pm

Apparently the cast has been chosen and filming has begun.

Info Here

I don't know whether to be really excited or really scared. I really hope they dont screw this up.

EDIT: I forgot to post this. Alright, Pete's Bowl-O-Rama is there.

Pictures of the Town
inkjet1987

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri May 06, 2005 7:27 pm

I cannot wait to see this. I've got a few of the Silent Hill comics, and if the movie is anything like they are, it's gonna be quite a treat.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat May 07, 2005 2:32 am

Considering
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Sync » Sat May 07, 2005 8:25 am

One major flaw I could see happening right off is if they dont have Akira Yamaoka produce the music, it just wont be Silent Hill.
Sync

Postby Tommy » Sat May 07, 2005 9:03 am

Yeah, but volt wasn`t the first Resident Evil move good?
Tommy

Postby inkjet1987 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:16 pm

Sync wrote:One major flaw I could see happening right off is if they dont have Akira Yamaoka produce the music, it just wont be Silent Hill.

I'm pretty sure I heard that the Konami team will be working very close as far as design and music go. If this movie winds up being anything like the games it will be a huge accomplishment.
inkjet1987

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 14, 2005 10:44 am

Good news! Akira is doing the score!

Bad news! The movie is an alternate retelling of SH1, my least favorite game in the series...

Potentially good news! Roger Avary (the screenwriter) is a big fan of SH2, so it is very likely the story will be related to 2 even though it takes place in the timeframe of 1.

What I'm scared of is that they'll turn it into a normal horror movie... SH1 was a normal horror game... SH2 was much deeper, more about psychology and morality... The only game of its kind... Avary has made it clear its not going to be an action movie like Resident Evil (YAY!!!) but it seems to be "just horror" Another story centered entirely around the cult...I sure hope this Dhalia is a better actress than the original... My word...

The story takes place when Alessa/cheryl is going to give birth to sammael. A woman got lost in Silent Hill, and is on a search for her daughter, much like Harry, and their paths intertwine... It's about the original "birth of god" thing, only from the perspective of a woman who wasn't part of the original game...

Sean Bean is playing Harry... Sean bean was boromir on Lord of the Rings, just so you know...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Psycho Ann » Sat May 14, 2005 12:19 pm

Sean Bean?? Harry???? >_<

For some reason, I hope they put some kind of UFO ending bonus somewhere--that would ease my rage if they end up screwing it badly.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 14, 2005 4:44 pm

THat has been suggested by like 95% of the fans, so therefore they won't do it... Hahahaha...

Ok, that was a bad joke that is too true to be funny I think... I hope they do that too, but we can't be sure whether the screenplay writer, Avary, bothered to get all the endings on the various games, particularly the UFO endings (which are rather hard to get) I hope they DO put in some sort of alternate ending, even a serious one, because that's one of the things that made the silent hill experience for me, and I really hope they allude to all the trademarks, including the UFO ending...

Also, I guess I was wrong about Akira... He's not slated YET to do music, but then NO ONE is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun May 15, 2005 5:32 am

Volt wrote:Considering Resident Evil Apacolypse, Tomb Raider, alone in the dark, Final Fantasy, and the others...

I don't have it in my cold cold heart, to say that good will come out of this movie. The hard knocks of being a gamer have taught me not to trust.

I liked the Tomb Raider movies.....

Anyways, I'll probably wait till this is on DVD. Let's hope they don't screw it up.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Stephen » Sun May 15, 2005 12:20 pm

I enjoyed both Resident Evil movies. However, I would not call myself the biggest fan of the games. I enjoyed Nemesis. The rest...blah. No intrest on my part. To compare Re1 and Re2 to Alone in the Dark is a crime worthy of a horrible beating with broom handles Volt.
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun May 15, 2005 8:17 pm

I had never even heard of that game (alone in the dark), but that's because I wasn't into horror until I moved in with my brother a couple years ago... I had played Resident Evil 2 when it first came out and got really annoyed by the control scheme... I played Parasite Eve a bit longer, until Silent Hill 2 for a couple minutes before that, but I was bored with it until I played 3 and was able to go back to 2...

I of course said all of that to say absolutely nothing on topic... Um... The plot synopsis on IMDB sorta made me worry... Of course, I had no idea SH2 was going to be as profound as it was by the synopsis or the preview or the beginning of the game, so I guess I'll have to wait...
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu May 19, 2005 12:59 am

Looking over that article again, I see a lot of money being spent really quickly... I hope that they don't overdo it and not have enough fans to pay for the movie... Particularly because I want to see Metal Gear, which would have a much wider audience than Silent Hill... They won't do Metal Gear if Silent Hill doesn't succeed... This could be even worse than Final Fantasy in that regard, though I hope it is a better movie...

An R rated game-based movie, for which the game was the underdog competitor to another game that also had movies based on it, with a rabid fanbase who will either cause it to succeed or kill it... This is a very volitile project...
Bobtheduck

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 pm

Shatterheart wrote:I enjoyed both Resident Evil movies. However, I would not call myself the biggest fan of the games. I enjoyed Nemesis. The rest...blah. No intrest on my part. To compare Re1 and Re2 to Alone in the Dark is a crime worthy of a horrible beating with broom handles Volt.

My personal scores:

Resident Evil 1 (PSone) 7/10
I enjoyed playing it, but the acting and dialogue were too horrid to even remotely take the story seriously.

Resident Evil 1 REMAKE: 8/10
Finally, I can fully enjoy the plot while playing one of the creepiest and funnest games ever made.

Resident Evil 2: 8/10
Very entertaining game, but not my favorite.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis 9/10
My fave. I've probably played this one close to 50 times by now... I still enjoy it.

Resident Evil: The movie 8/10
Surprisingly entertaining. Must watch for any fan of the games.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse 7/10
Not as good as the first, but entertaining. The plot in the first seemed more believable to me.

Silent Hill: 7/10
I actually enjoyed this game a lot.

Silent Hill 2: 8/10
My fave. I liked the psychological approach in this one more than the rest....

Silent Hill 3: 8/10
I found it interesting as a direct sequel, and learning what happens to key characters in the future.... this was also the first game to make me feel like chucking my dinner. [SPOILER]The scene where Claudia eats that monster fetus was.... ugh.[/SPOILER]

I'll give the movie a chance. Don't bash it till it's out....
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed May 25, 2005 8:05 am

Psycho Ann wrote:Sean Bean?? Harry???? >_<

Yeah, I can see it now...

Harry: "Have you seen a little girl? Short black hair? Fifty years old? His name is Frodo."

Director: "CUT!"
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun May 29, 2005 12:52 am

"This radio... it is a gift!"

Hmm... He was in other movies too, you know... Like Don't Say a Word which is a great movie, IMO... Michael Douglas is a great actor... And brittney murphey makes a good wacko (I wonder why?)

Anyhow... I think the listing of him as Harry may have been just a rumor... Those sort of things happen on IMDB when movies are listed as "In Production" The reliability of those things on Preproduction status is much lower than a movie that is actually completed...

Since the movie has been in filming for a while now, has there been any more news about it? We won't get to see any of the INTERESTING stuff for a while, because the monsters are going to be CG (which is the only way to do the SH3 era monsters like valtiel and his nurses, but I would have liked some physical ones for normal monsters) and they have to finish all the outdoor scenes first... I wonder if the "dark world" outdoor stuff is going to be shot there at all... They lose money every day they are there (25,000 dollars a day) and after that, it's off to indoor sets and CG post...
Bobtheduck

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue May 31, 2005 9:07 am

Bobtheduck wrote:"This radio... it is a gift!"

Hmm... He was in other movies too, you know... Like Don't Say a Word which is a great movie, IMO... Michael Douglas is a great actor... And brittney murphey makes a good wacko (I wonder why?)

Yeah, I know he was, but he's easiest to pick on from his Boromir role.

Bobtheduck wrote:Since the movie has been in filming for a while now, has there been any more news about it? We won't get to see any of the INTERESTING stuff for a while, because the monsters are going to be CG (which is the only way to do the SH3 era monsters like valtiel and his nurses, but I would have liked some physical ones for normal monsters) and they have to finish all the outdoor scenes first... I wonder if the "dark world" outdoor stuff is going to be shot there at all... They lose money every day they are there (25,000 dollars a day) and after that, it's off to indoor sets and CG post...

Speaking of Valtiel, how did we find out what his name was, anyway? I don't recall him ever actually being mentioned in SH3.
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:14 pm

Don't knock Sean Bean. Watch Essex Boys if you dare.

This movie looks REALLY GOOD. Brotherhood of the Wolf (Chris Gans most famous film) was cinematically a great film, but it had a ton of nudity. I am looking forward to this though. Rada was good in Pitch Black.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:23 am

we know it was Valtiel from the Website and from the "Making of" DVD that you can only buy in the UK... I downloaded it...

But, yeah, that's what Konami called him on the website...
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment