The Godfather Trilogy

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Godfather Trilogy

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:33 am

I got the box-set for my birthday a few months ago and I watched them as quickly as I could. I've always been a fan of these movies so I would like to discuss them. The performances are great, the characterization excellent and the dialogue memorable. This is one of the best film-trilogies out there. I don't think many people realize just how good this story is. The movie seems to underline the spiritual rule from the Bible: What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?

And what I'm about to say is going to be considered by many film-buffs will a heresy, but I've always disliked Godfather Part II and preferred Part III over it. But the best of the bunch has always been the first movie.

What are your oppinions on the movies?

http://nandotimes.nandomedia.com/ips_rich_content/936-marlon1.jpg
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:14 pm

I just couldn't get into Godfather 3. It's been years since I've seen it but I just didn't think it fit well with the others. Godfather 1 and 2 are two of the greatest movies of all time. Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro sheesh do I even need to say it? They're performances are spot on in these movies. That's why I've had a Godfather movie poster in my room for four years.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:49 pm

I am ashamed to say I have never seen any of the Godfather movies. Though I have wanted to for a long time...I just never have had a chance. At some point I plan on checking them out...if that boxset would only get a bit cheaper lol.
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment