The Ring two

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Ring two

Postby Pent » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:52 pm

Well first off Hello Everyone! I havn't been on here in a year. But lately I've been reading around as a guest and decided to post. I want to see this movie. I don't know how well that will fly with my mom. And I have never seen the first one. I figured I could just go see this one (if it's ok with my mom) without seeing the first. I was wondering if I really really need to see the first. Or if my friends can explain the story to me. Also I was wondering if I should go see this. Is it a good movie? It just came out today, so I don't expect much of you to know about it. But maybe you would know about the first one. Thank you! And hello to any newer people who don't know me.
Pent

Postby Crossdive » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:54 pm

well, i've never seen either of them and in my own personal opinion, the second looks creepy, slightly in a spiritual sense. I guess rent the first from blockbuster of off netflix or something, but i would say see the first before the second just in case. ;)
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby VioletEyedCat » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:06 pm

I saw The Ring with my friends- it gave me nightmares for a week! :sweat: I like scary movies- and that one definitely tops my list. Mainly because of it's lack of gore. Gory movies aren't scary- like the Grudge. That movie was just dumb. I mean, come on- clicking noises for the evil sound that the girl makes? Pathetic. Anyway, I'm sorta disappointed that they are making a sequel to The Ring. It lowers the movie in my sight. Truly great horror films don't have sequels- like Psycho, and The Shining. Making a sequel to it brings it down to Friday the 13th and Halloween level. Sigh.. The end of the first movie did force a sequel, I suppose, but it's still sad.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Stephen » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:05 pm

The Ring was a great horror movie for women and those who don't like real horror films. It hid behind a shield of "smart horror" And some fans even dare to say if you were not scared by it...you are less intelligent. It was a meidcore remake of a semi decent Japanese film...the acting was...ok. But as far as scares...I guess I just did not find the spooky element. I kept questioning why nobody fought back...rather then sit piddling themseves in a chair...*laughs* However. Ring 2 I have not seen one good review for. In short, its crap in the form of a movie. They ignored much of what the first film set as its standard...and all around sucked. But, its quite apparent I would rather be lit on fire then watch either film (I wanted to be beaten after I watched the first) So take that with a grain of salt from me. I would actually love it if people would not call the Ring horror...since its more in the Thriller genre...but too many its a scary horror movie. To each there own.
Stephen

Postby VioletEyedCat » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Now, see, I never figured out the difference between Thriller and Horror. What is it?

(Hopes no one minds she's off topic)

VioletEyedCat

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:07 am

Thriller, more suspence movie with *some* scary elements. Horror, basicly a slasher film...little plot...more gore and violence. Example.

Friday the 13th-Horror
The Village-Thriller
Stephen

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:19 am

The Ring was a bit like a horror due to the major water-logged, mutilated bodies.

To anyone who has not seen The Ring yet, but I suggest you DON'T:
[spoiler]One in the closet in the beginning and Rachel's husband at the end.[/spoiler]

Yes, I saw it, and I wasn't pleased at all. This movie was rated PG-13 when it should be rated R. This movie is just sick, it will leave burning horrific images in your mind you wouldn't want there.

Pent, I will just say it bluntly, don't go see any of them. For one thing, they're a complete waste of time and I don't think there is any need for you to be scared out of your mind.

This is coming from someone much older then you and the movie even scared me.

If you want, go see the trailers for both movies...you'll know what I mean.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Pent » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:36 am

I just like scary movies, but if there crap I won't go see them. Thank you.
Pent

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:28 pm

I don't quite see where they had anything horrible in the films as far as content goes...though I am curious Cephas, how old are you?
Stephen

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:30 pm

Sorry, that's not something for you to know Shatterheart.
†††††††††††††

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:40 pm

Hmm. Very well. I find it silly that people hide there age..but thats your choice. I will say however, that you should probably not give advise on horror films if you think that because there "scary" there Innapropriate. Then again, for all I know...you might not be old enough to get into most horror films. Don't take this as me making fun of you, because thats not what I am aiming at.

BTW The Ring was an R rated film.
Stephen

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:31 pm

I like keeping myself private, and actually, in the theatres and on video and DVD it was rated PG-13, not R.

I just don't like having children who are only 13 years old to be watching these kinds of things, for most children, it messes up their mind and they're scared for who knows how long.

Remember God said, "I do not bring you a spirit of confusion but of power, love and a sound mind."

I'll tell you this Shatterheart, I am between 18 and 25, that's all I'm saying about my age.

You may like horror films, and maybe that's because you relized that it was just a movie, it's all acting...not to 13 year olds or children who are younger then that. I even saw 6 year olds going to see Blade...6 year olds. I find that very disturbing to say the least.
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby c-girl » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:09 pm

Well. I haven't seen the first movie nor the second. But I heard from some friends that it would probably be important to see the first. >^^<

I like to get a good chill every once in a while, so I see scary movies now and then. I also like to make horror comics. It's just what I'm good at. >^^<;
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:11 pm

Thats what movie ratings are for. As far as the Ring. Half the websites online have it rated R for some reason. My advise would be, for parents to be decent parents. If there kids get freaked out by stuff...don't let them go see it in theaters or on DVD.
Stephen

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:44 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Thats what movie ratings are for. As far as the Ring. Half the websites online have it rated R for some reason. My advise would be, for parents to be decent parents. If there kids get freaked out by stuff...don't let them go see it in theaters or on DVD.

Exactly.
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby Pent » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:34 pm

Usually horror movies or thrillers (I prefer seeing thrillers) don't scare me. It doesn't matter anyways my mom isn't letting me see it. I'm actually 13 and 11 months so I'm almost, almost 14. (can't wait). By the way your kind of new avatar is very cool Shatterheart. It is kind of new right.
Pent

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:29 pm

My avatar or my sig? The avatars been new since like...eh December I think. The sig is fairly new though.
Stephen

Postby Pent » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:40 pm

It's the avatar I think. It wasn't that when I was last posting daily. But this thread is pretty much done and this is off topic. I'll post anyway.
Pent

Postby Kireihana » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:21 am

I liked The Ring... My friend said The Ring Two was horrible but funny. We may go see it together just so we can laugh at it. (does anyone else enjoy laughing at scary movies? XD)

As far as scary movies go, The Ring didn't really scare me but it did give a lot of my friends nightmares. I liked it because it was more creative than your average thriller flick. I think everyone has their own scare-limit. Unfortunately, after seeing Scary Movie 3 I can no longer take this movie seriously. :lol:

(BTW I am NOT recommending Scary Movie 3. :P)
Kireihana

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:47 pm

It's the psychological factor that scares me in The Ring. The brain can't get all those images together in time and then out of nowhere an image appears that scares the living daylights out of you.

Crap! That was scary!

It's like those videos that have a message in the beginning that explains the video, then while I'm watching...BOOM!...something comes out of nowhere right in my face and freaks the heck out of me!

It's fun...but man, there's only so much I can take.
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby Shinja » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:26 pm

ring 2 sux'd
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Maledicte » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:37 pm

Kireihana wrote: Unfortunately, after seeing Scary Movie 3 I can no longer take this movie seriously. :lol:

I can relate to that.
Maledicte

Postby enishi » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:37 pm

Q: you liked steel angel kurumi, right? do you know that theres a 2nd season coming out, you can rent it if ...
me: what?!
Q: yeah, they're realeasing the 2nd ..
me: dude, as far as im concerned, there IS NO SEASON TWO!!! >_< *storms outta comic book shop in a frenzy*

so, im gonna treat ring2 like steel angel kurmi. there was no 2nd season as far as im concerned, just like how im gonna forget i saw ring2 and that wretchedly horrible storyline. forget .. FORGET
ImageImage
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
enishi

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:59 pm

I haven't seen the Ring, but I've seen the original Japanese The Grudge and it was psychologically freaky and quite confusing. The sound the dead woman made was very nasty!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby VioletEyedCat » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:28 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I haven't seen the Ring, but I've seen the original Japanese The Grudge and it was psychologically freaky and quite confusing. The sound the dead woman made was very nasty!

Really? I thought it was hilarious. I made that noise when I was little to annoy my brothers. Oh well- I suppose I am a little weird.

VioletEyedCat

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:05 pm

VioletEyedCat wrote:Really- I thought it was hilarious. I made that noise when I was little to annoy my brothers. Oh well- I suppose I am a little weird.

yes. yes you are.
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Return to General Entertainment