fern gully was a hit

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

fern gully was a hit

Postby vash10429 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:42 am

alot of the time cartoony nonanime movies do not live up expectantly forthis pit fall i have come across a prime movie that was watches in my! the name is fern gully and it is a film cartoon! animesadly it is not but perhaps fern gully is based in a jungle and minute fairies swarm the polluted there isan oldfairy goldmother and she is the godmoter of krista in forest nothings seems :banned: hexus was banned from the jungle tree by the fairy godmother ancients ago but he never came home to terrorize the native bat named battie and battie is voiced by robin willams! robin willams is a talent who knows hexus sings his song after he is free from the tree-bind by the shredding apparatus however the fairy goldmother has sealed him in this tree for awhile! something found in the movie is the fact that everuy girl characters!!! what is up with context here!! nothing seems to right and some of the playersget crazy and disneysing like typical days :dizzy: well if you all have seen this movie i do that replies!!!!!!

sincerely
vash10429

:dance:This is a a while, but I come back and have the more anime drawing skill! Prepares the Christian Anime alliance!:dance:
vash10429

Postby Aoyama » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:11 pm

man its been a long long time since i have seen that movie lol
We are all rowing the boat of fate
The waves keep on coming and we can't escape
But if we ever get lost on our way
The waves will guide you through another day
Aoyama

Postby Jasdero » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:13 pm

Oh yeah.. I remember Fern Gully... XD;;; I haven't watched it in years....
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby plutogrl03 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:47 pm

Yeah, that movie was fun to watch. I might have to see if I can buy on old copy on video somewhere.
Sometimes you just need to bang your head against a wall. :bang:

Member of the Official CAA DDR Song Club
plutogrl03

Postby termyt » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:04 am

I used to own a copy on VHS. It's been a while though.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby soul alive » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:24 am

bwa haha. one of my favorite cartoons. ^^ since my family doesn't have many movies, during the summer i watch those we do have over and over... most of which are cartoons XD so have watched Fern Gully fairly recently, lol

Batty was my favorite character (his rap song is so funny... XD) Robin Williams did a great job with the character "Price check on prune juice, Bob. Price check on prune juice." *laugh*

Hexus scared the pickles out of me when i was little, and is still probably one of the creepiest cartoon villians i've seen... a skeleton of goo/mud with glowing eyes... o_0

and i always have to laugh, since the music is so 80s.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:54 am

I didn't like it. It was funny, no doubt about that, but I loathed the way the characters stated that "creation comes from a single, tiny seed." That's NOT what creation is all about. Creation means making something out of nothing, in simplest terms.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby VioletEyedCat » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:30 pm

I am the QUEEN! I own this on VHS- I've practically memorized the whole stupid movie. Some serious awesomeness here. Fern Gully can join the halls where other environmental shows of the 80's live *cough cough Captain Planet cough cough*

soul alive wrote:Batty was my favorite character (his rap song is so funny... XD) Robin Williams did a great job with the character "Price check on prune juice, Bob. Price check on prune juice." *laugh

"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Are you positive?"
"Only fools are positive."

Hee Hee Hee. I still use this catch phrase today to earn extra-strange looks.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:08 pm

Captain Planet was great! Fern Gully was not! (although it was set in Australia). Too much New Age mumbo jumbo and I guess it was aimed more at girls anyway.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby termyt » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:05 am

I remember now. I loved the characters and there some good moments, some funny moments, but I didn't like the overall message - a little too over the top enviormentalist for my taste.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby soul alive » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:04 am

the environmentalist stuff just went over my head as a child... especially since i had both of my parents, especially my dad, voicing very different views (we're ranchers in Wyoming... trees? what are those?). but it's still a pretty blanant message, especially for kids who don't have parents telling them that not everything they see on TV is right...

one of my other favorite lines is
"Human tails? Humans don't have tails. They have big, big bottoms that they wear with bad shorts. They walk around going, "Hi, Hellen". " - Batty
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Return to General Entertainment