Oscar Fashion: What's it REALLY all about!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Oscar Fashion: What's it REALLY all about!

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:36 pm

Okay, ladies, let's chat dresses (and suits if we must. ;) )! I watch the Oscars to see what everbody's wearing more often than I watch to see who wins awards, and I imagine there are other people who do that too. So, who topped your best dressed list?

My favorite dress of the night:

In my mind, the best dressed would be a tie between Kate Winslet in that goregeous baby blue number or the girl from Phantom of the Opera in that classic strapless red dress.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Maledicte » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:07 pm

yeah, the baby blue one rocked. So nice to see someone wearing something classy yet different for a change.
Maledicte

Postby Jasdero » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:12 pm

<.<;; is there like.. a list of all the dresses worn.. >.>;; with pictures....? XD;;;;;;
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:07 pm

I liked Gregory Peck's dress.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:12 pm

Um.. I didn't see much of it but Cate Blanchett's dress was beautiful.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby The Doctor » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:19 pm

You do realize most of it is free advertising for the clothing companies. They give their wares to the actors/actresses for free, and hope they'll wear it, knowing that will create a buzz for them, that will translate into bucks.
The Doctor

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:21 pm

[quote="Sunako"]<.<]
Just google "Oscar fashion" or something like that. There are galleries everywhere.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:34 pm

I'm the same way, Osaka, I tend to watch the Oscars for the outfits.

For the guys, I thought Leonardo Dicaprio looked the best in his suit. It was just a really classy basic suit, that he wore quite well.

For the girls, I liked Cate Blanchett's canary yellow dress. It's not often you see someone wear yellow and look good in it. I give her an A+ for originality.

I also thought Beyonce' Knowles dresses - all of them - looked very stylish. She sounded really good also.

Here's a link, Sunako:

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/movies/oscars/index.html?excamp=GGGNoscarfashion

Just go there and then scroll down a bit and you'll see something which says, "Oscar Fashion." When you get there just push on the >slide show, and you'll be able to see the dresses.

After looking at this I'd have to say that I really liked Emmy Rossum (Phantom of the Opera) and Charlize Theron's dress too.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:37 pm

xD Yay! People like me ^^
Some of the people who I think looked great were Cate Blanchett, Emma Rosen, Beyonce' Knowles, and Sandra Oh. Beyonce's funky outfit she wore while having lime green eye shadow on was cool IMO.
I also sort of like Catalina Sandino's, Salma Hayek's, and Charlize Theron's dresses-although I don't think that Theron's dress needed so many ruffles.
I like the way that Gwyneth Paltrow's dress was shaped at the bottom, though I'm probably alone on that; her bracelet was very cute too.
Indigo_Eyes

Return to General Entertainment