Jackie CHan movies

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Jackie CHan movies

Postby oro! » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:24 pm

I love his movies so much. I just can't get enough of 'em. It's the martial arts. I think my favorite one is "the Legend of the Drunken Master". I know overdrinking is bad and all, but it's so funny and it's cool how he lures in the bad guys. Another one is "Who Am I". It's actually in AFRICA. Although, it wasn't really correct on a couple of things like the tribe. It's like they mixed Maasai with a couple of others.
What's some of your favorites? what do you think of his movies? :jump:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:13 pm

My favorites are the Rush Hour and Shanghai movies. Those are excellent. Alot of humor and fun to watch.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:04 pm

I love Rush Hour 1-2. Great humor. Rumble in The Bronx is great as well
Sesshoumaru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:53 pm

I've seen quite a number of Jackie Chan movies and I think Rush Hour is over rated, but I quite enjoyed Rush Hour 2. My favourite Jackie Chan movie would probably be Who Am I? because it has an interesting premise, good comedy, great and weird stunts (clog fighting anyone?), it wasn't focused in only one country and the lead actress (journalist one) was good looking. Great movie all round!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:23 pm

I've seen several movies of his, but I think my favorite by far has to be Around the World in 80 Days. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby soul alive » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:31 pm

love Jackie Chan movies. Who Am I is probably one of my favorites (plus the voice over job was pretty darn well done) and the plot was great, and the Rush Hour and Shanghai movies. Around the World was pretty good as well. i didn't really like the Tuxedo all that much, and the Medallion was okay. Twin Dragons (?) was pretty funny, but had a bad voice over job. my favorite thing about his movies is that they almost always have the bloopers at the end.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:56 pm

My favourite Jackie Chan movie is the sequel to his Hong Kong movie "The Armor of god" named "Operation Condor". Its not really a sequel, but it is his best movie. The plot is this: Jackie is hired by a rich Billionaire to find for the United Nations a lost shipment of Nazi gold. Unfortunately he's being followed by a band of mercinaries hired by one of the Nazis who hid the gold and two bungling terrorists who needs the money to fund their terror-operations.

Reasons to like it:
• Its funny
• It has funny action scenes
• It has a great supporting cast
• The extended action scene in the Nazi base at the end.
• The fightscene in the wind-tunnel is worth the price of admission alone.
• Its was the most expensive Hong Kong movie made for a long time, better go see why :grin:

Another Hong Kong classic is "Project A". Very funny with great action scenes.

PS: The worst Jackie Chan movie ever made is "Rush Hour 2". Why? Because the action scenes are lame, lame, lame and few and Chris Tucker is not funny in this movie as in the one before. Lame, lame, lame. Even worse is the Medallion. Chan should go back to Hong Kong because Hollywood does not understand the art of his movies.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:08 am

The most surreal Jackie Chan movie I've ever seen though was the Hong Kong movie called City Hunter based, I think, on a Japanese Manga. I'm not sure I like it but its very surreal. There's a scene in a games arcade where CHan and several other fellows get zapped by electricity and turn into the guys from Street Fighter 2. That scene is worth the price of admission alone.
bigsleepj

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:55 am

I love Jackie Chan's First Strike!!
And Operation Condor was good from what I remember.
I've seen almost all his movies--er at least since the late 80's. The one I really didn't like as much was The Tuxedo.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:15 pm

HEY!!!

what about "Mr. Nice Guy" that one was awsome.
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:27 pm

How could I forget Mr. Nice Guy? That was awesome! That was the one where he drives the mining truck isn't it?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:How could I forget Mr. Nice Guy? That was awesome! That was the one where he drives the mining truck isn't it?

Tsk, tsk, tsk. And its even filmed in Australia.
bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:18 am

Yes, sorry! I've only seen it once, wheras I've seen the others numerous times.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:46 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Yes, sorry! I've only seen it once, wheras I've seen the others numerous times.

Just kidding ya. ;)
bigsleepj

Postby Ssjjvash » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:11 pm

Volt wrote:HEY!!!

what about "Mr. Nice Guy" that one was awsome.

The Video Game "Jackie Chan Adventures" was AWSOME, and very very very super fun. I'm still trying to find it on ebay...for a good price.

Yeah, that one was good!
The video game, I thought, was great. I like when the bad guys, after you were kickin' their butts for a while, said, "My bruises got bruises."
...anyway...
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Inferno » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:41 pm

My favorites are the tuxido and shangai noon (spelling?)
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:43 pm

My favorites are the tuxido and shangai noon (spelling?)
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby The Shadow » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:33 pm

i think the dumbest one was "Gorgeous"
????? that must have been one of his first ones

Stand firm for christ :rock:
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby Arnobius » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:27 pm

I liked some of his more obscure ones:
Project A
Jackie Chan's Police Force #1
SuperCop (Actally Police Force#3)
City Hunter (Helps to have seen the anime or manga)
Twin Dragons (? The one where he plays two brothers, one being a martial arts thug and the other a classical music conductor)

And of course... Half a Loaf of Kung Fu, where he mocks the Kung Fu Cinema genre
Arnobius

Postby That Dude » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:32 pm

Lets see. My fave has go to be...

Who Am I

Actually Gorgeouse is one of Jackies newer ones...He had wanted to do a romantic movie for a long time...

Other good JC movies are

Legend Of The Drunken Master.
First Strike
Mr. Nice Guy...

Yeah I've seen about half of JC's movies...Well probably less but anyway.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby olorc » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:59 pm

Ya I really liked First strike best myself. Sooo good.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby WaffleMan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:17 pm

I've enjoyed thoroughly every movie jackie chan has been in, except his crappy animated series which are bordering on what you would call a carreer ending move.
Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Postby oro! » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:02 pm

I liked em for a while, though nothing can suffice for the real deal. I jsut got tired on the last season I remember where there was so much of this chanting on both sides...
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:07 pm

bigsleepj wrote:The most surreal Jackie Chan movie I've ever seen though was the Hong Kong movie called City Hunter based, I think, on a Japanese Manga. I'm not sure I like it but its very surreal. There's a scene in a games arcade where CHan and several other fellows get zapped by electricity and turn into the guys from Street Fighter 2. That scene is worth the price of admission alone.

dude... my friend has that DVD... one of the BEST ever! It's based off the Japanese Manga: "City Hunter" The City Hunter animation is good too (lots of fanservice though XD) and Jackie Chan's movie did a REAL good job on making it similar to the manga

my personal favorite is: Who am I

"I may have amnesia! But I am not stupid"

and the best part is when Jackie:
[spoiler]grabs the guys earing, and starts spinning him around, and later you see a twisted earing being held by jackie. and the guy holding his ear in pain. So by twisting it he tore an earing off a guy :lol:[/spoiler]

Man I love Jackie Chan Movies

infact, my friend nathan. Works with this guy named Steve. Steve has down syndrome. Anyway Steve is the BIGGEST Jackie Chan fan you will ever see...

Jackie Chan's more recent movies are seeming to go down the drain though. I thought the Medallian was dumb, because im sure that one he didn't do all of his own stunts. (After he aquires the medallion that is) and the Tuxedo... was dumb

I thought mr. nice guy was okay. I liked twin dragons. The part where they were in the really hot room was funny. And how the thug ended up being the composer was funny too. Legend of drunked master was awesome as well.
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to General Entertainment