seen Signs?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

seen Signs?

Postby Jaltus-bot » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:16 am

I thought signs was a great movie. Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

I really liked the way that the movie showed how a priest who had lost his faith in God started to see signs of God acting around him, like in the way it ended. That was the best part of the movie in my oppinion.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:21 am

I really liked the movie, too, including the ending. Well worth watching.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:58 am

Very cool movie with a very positice message. I love thi smovie (but I can't wath it very mcuh. Scares my brother out of his shirt)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:56 am

When I first heard about it, I thought I was going to hate it. (I'm not a big 'horror movie' fan--or at least, I didn't think I was.) But watching it, I really, really like it. Even though it was kinda scary and suspensful, it wasn't over-the-top, and it didn't have bad violence or anything, either. It probably would've scared the heck out of me as a kid, though. But yeah...great movie, I loved it. ^^

It's also made me want to see more of Night's movies, too. And suspensiful movies in general. (Between this movie and What Lies Beneath...I'm hooked. XD)
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Gypsy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:09 am

Mangafanatic wrote:Very cool movie with a very positice message. I love thi smovie (but I can't wath it very mcuh. Scares my brother out of his shirt)

Osaka, are you typing with your nose again? ;)

I liked Signs a lot. I thought it was neat that you really didn't see the aliens until the very end - that made it a tad more freaky.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:25 am

[quote="Gypsy"]Osaka, are you typing with your nose again? ]

Nose!? Certainly not. I'd never do something absurd like that. . .

I was--- using my ear, of course! *sulks out of the thread, mumbling about how absurd typing with one's nose would be.*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby sunet » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:41 pm

i love that movie. ^_^
sunet

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:19 pm

it was pretty good, but I think I liked The Sixth Sense better.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby dragonshimmer » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:51 pm

I really enjoyed that movie too. It was very touching, I thought, and almost like a testimony to me. The spiritual sense of the movie made it even better.

I think a lot of Mel Gibson, so that was another added bonus. He is both a handsome and wonderful man.
dragonshimmer

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:19 pm

I saw Signs with a friend of mine at nighttime... which wasn't a good idea cause it made it a bit more scary and my friend screamed during many parts...
I DID enjoy this movie alot though. I normally dont like suspence movies, but this one was great cause of the spiritual tones in it. The thing with his wife saying 'swing wide' (or whatever it was) was very nifty too!
Hephzibah

Postby Jeikobu » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:24 pm

Signs is simply excellent. I loved it. Very suspenseful, and the ending was perfect. Really the movie seems to be more about faith in God than an alien horror flick. I loved it. Probably about my 12th favorite film ever.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:21 am

i almost forgot about this movie... it was very good i liked the suspense and all that
Love is that feeling you get when a girl looks at you and it feels like your driving a car at high speeds and experience a sudden drop. You know what i mean? That sudden sinking feeling you get in your stomach? Yeah, that's love. Leave's you speechless everytime.
ssj2gohan61

Postby Zane » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:24 am

I loved seeing Signs the 1st time around, it was a good movie, and HOW SCARY WAS IT WHEN MEL WENT INTO THE CORN-FIELD AND SAW THE FOOT!!!
I jumped like a cm... ok its not much i know but I was pretty scared.

And how cute was Bo? That was an awesome performance by the little actress, she was so sweet, "Dad, theres a monster outside my window, can i have a glass of water?" and then you saw the siloute!! Nice.
It was a cool movie
Zane

Postby Britomart » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:38 pm

Yeah, I like that movie alot. And the little girl who played Bo was soooo CUTE! When i first saw it it was at a friends house, and they kinda live in the mountains where its really dark and freaky at night. I was so scared I almost didn't sleep! Every little noise made me jump. Next time I watch that movie, I am going to sleep with a large bottle of water next to my bed...

KristalKlears siggy pics ROCK! :rock: Thank you, Kristal!

I'm nobody. Are you nobody too?
Don't tell, they'd banish us you know.
How dreary to be somebody,
How public, like a frog
to tell your name the livelong day
to an admiring bog

Emily Dickinson
Britomart

Postby Crossdive » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:10 pm

I LOVED IT! It had a very good Christian theme behind it, it was very well made, the acting was great, the script was very hooking and suspenceful. AWESOME!
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Return to General Entertainment