Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:26 am

The cat part, not the big, bloated moogle part. And Sora, I'll see if I can get that article scanned tonight, I'm sorry, I forgot until now. :sweat:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:30 am

He's right.. here!! ^o^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RoyalWing

Postby Nate » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:38 am

Heh heh...Cait Sith...

You know, I thought Reeve would've given up playing with dolls. :grin: Especially if Shinra is disbanded, then he shouldn't have to hide anymore. Whatever, they probably used Cait Sith because no one really knew who Reeve was anyway...even my brother said (when Cait Sith revealed who he was), "Who's Reeve?"

*sigh*

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:20 pm

oh THAT...That just looks....weird...Why does Vincent look like Cait Sith? lol
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:38 am

I'm going to say that Cait Sith looks like Vincent, because I like him better.

kaemmerite wrote:"Who's Reeve?"

*sigh*

That is sad. I liked Reeve.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:22 am

I really wonder what Cait Sith is doing there too! But I don't understand what you mean by looking like Vincent. He looks like cat. Which is Cait Sith. :sweat:

I didn't know Vincent had such bright yellow shoes either~ Maybe I was just not paying attention.
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:00 pm

Something new...kinda interesting I guess...whoopie :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Square Enix Mobile Games for the DS?

GameSpot has posted an article, where Square Enix' takes about their plans for the new Nintendo DS. When the subject of internet gaming was brought up, Square Enix's Akitoshi Kawazu said:

"I'm not sure if we can just bring our Internet games directly to the DS, since that would be rather difficult," replied Kawazu. "And a lot of people are still saying that the barrier to playing network [games] is too high. But I'm hoping that the DS will help lower that threshold, by bringing mobile games to the DS."

This could possibly mean that Before Crisis will be ported to the Nintendo DS as well, but nothing is certain right now.

GameSpot Article

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Ingemar » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:01 am

I think Cait Sith looks like Vincent because of the cape. Actually, that's not what *I* think: that's what I suppose whoever made that statement thought.

I think he looks better without the Moogle. It's bad enough that we have this annoying traitorous-though-barely-kawaii cat thing. We don't need to exacerbate it by adding this gigantic, hideous monstrosity as a ride. Though, I do credit that that is what made CS such a reliable "tank", even moreso than Barret (though useless in every other respect).
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:45 am

Ingemar wrote:I think Cait Sith looks like Vincent because of the cape. Actually, that's not what *I* think: that's what I suppose whoever made that statement thought.

That is similarly what I presumed.

Ingemar wrote:I think he looks better without the Moogle.

I quite agree. Of course, I really just want to see Reeve, but I'll do with the lack of massive moogle.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:02 pm

GUYS!!! I just got a better version of the TGS Trailor...omg I so cannot wait for this movie!!! You guys have to see this preview...it's still done by video...BUT you can actually hear the stuff. The voices, the music, and the clinging of swords...It's sooo kool!!! For protection of the forum only as me for it by PM. I'll link you that way.

Savior_Sora

Postby Souba » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:57 pm

I soo love the way the trailer looks, I can't wait for the better subtitled version!
I thank all the voices sounded perfect, but I admit Kadaj sounded a bit higher than I expected, but then again he's supposed to be a teenager. :) Anyway, it's grown on me and Kadaj is one of my favorite characters aside from Cloud of course. ;)
I'm soo looking forward to the movie. :D
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:48 pm

I am really looking forward to this movie too! I am currently playing through the actual game, just so I have all the necessary knowledge to enjoy it thoroughly :D
Hephzibah

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:24 pm

uc pseudonym and Ingemar wrote:"I think Cait Sith looks like Vincent because of the cape. Actually, that's not what *I* think: that's what I suppose whoever made that statement thought."

"That is similarly what I presumed."

"I think he looks better without the Moogle. "

"I quite agree. Of course, I really just want to see Reeve, but I'll do with the lack of massive moogle."

:lol:! I didn't know people minded Cait Sith... I always thought he was one of those characters, that people don't mind about. Don't hate or like him. He's just there.

...But what I really what to say is: SPEAK FOR YOURSELVES! XD I like the fat one!

Souba wrote:I soo love the way the trailer looks, I can't wait for the better subtitled version!
I thank all the voices sounded perfect, but I admit Kadaj sounded a bit higher than I expected, but then again he's supposed to be a teenager. Anyway, it's grown on me and Kadaj is one of my favorite characters aside from Cloud of course.

I would like to know what is the whole appeal with Kadaj. ^-^ I am just curious, because I noticed his popularity in deviantART too. I'm confused because we know little about him, and he just looks like a younger Sephiroth. So... I am wondering. ^-^

Talame wrote: I am really looking forward to this movie too! I am currently playing through the actual game, just so I have all the necessary knowledge to enjoy it thoroughly :D

I am trying to do this too! But... school and computers are unfair. (x__x) I think that is all I need to say for you to understand!
RoyalWing

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:08 pm

Hey guys? I'm a bit late here in the game... AC is not a game, but a movie, ne? What is it rated?

I'm less than half way through the game, now(disk to)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:16 pm

Wing-chan wrote:I think that is all I need to say for you to understand!

I have been waiting SO long to hear that!
:hug:

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Hey guys? I'm a bit late here in the game... AC is not a game, but a movie, ne? What is it rated?

Yep, and I'm not sure what it's rated. Probably some language and maybe a bit of violence, so I'd say probably 13+, maybe 15+.

By the way, Souba, I want it subtitled too...but maybe if it's on DVD it'll be dual-language. *Crosses fingers*

Nate

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:48 am

kaemmerite wrote:I have been waiting SO long to hear that!
:hug:

I don't understand. :lol:
RoyalWing

Postby Souba » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:35 pm

Hi!

I would like to know what is the whole appeal with Kadaj. ^-^ I am just curious, because I noticed his popularity in deviantART too. I'm confused because we know little about him, and he just looks like a younger Sephiroth. So... I am wondering. ^-^

Hmm good question. Well I don't know there's just something about him. Guess it's like Vader or Darth Maul, their bad but they look cool and carry themselves with confidence. Or maybe.... it's just because I think he's cute, well him, Cloud, Reno, Sephiroth, and etc. :P

kaemmerite wrote: Yep, and I'm not sure what it's rated. Probably some language and maybe a bit of violence, so I'd say probably 13+, maybe 15+.

I'm not too sure about the rating, but from the nearly 30 minute sneek preview I read a report about there weren't any curse words in it. So maybe since the title says Advent Children it might be more child friendly then the teen rated video game. *shrugs*

By the way, Souba, I want it subtitled too...but maybe if it's on DVD it'll be dual-language. *Crosses fingers*

I hope so too. :)

Meanwhile, I just got back from a con this weekend and I got to wear my AC Tifa costume for the first time! No one knew who I was but I really liked the way it came out, my brother even got a pic of me on the phone. :) I hope more people will recognise it next year.
God Bless,
Souba

Souba

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:27 am

So when's this supposed to come out?
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Souba » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:38 pm

Hi,
It was supposed to come out the past summer in Japan, but that didn't happen. :(
The last screening of it stated that it was still a "work in progress," and would be "coming soon" so right now the date is up in the air, but we are still hoping for a winter release in Japan. Hope that helps.
God bless,
Souba

Souba

Postby Professor Hojo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:51 pm

Big news,everyone!
First,there was Final Fantasy VII,
Then Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children,
Next,Final Fantasy VII:Before Crisis came to add to the empire known as Square,
Recently,Final Fantasy VII:Dirge of Cerberus came and made many Vincent fans happy,
And now,
...........*wasted space used for suspence purposes*
*guess what? MORE WASTED SPACE FOR SUSPENSE!!*

Final Fantasy VII:CRISIS CORE!!!
The fourth spinoff of Final Fantasy VII will be on the psp and should come out around 2006.Square Enix is really making the FF7 fans happy.Not much is known,but check out the official square enix site for it or adventchildren.net for more info.Peace out,y'all!! *walks off*
Professor Hojo

Postby Savior_Sora » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:15 pm

Boy am I slacking or what!!!

The movie is supposed to be released later this year in Japan and early 05 for USA. Square stated that. So...it's not too much to rely on lol.

Before Crisis...unless you got the phone your out of luck

Dirge of Cergerus...I MUST HAVE!!! XD

Crisis Core?...ok maybe thats goin too far...

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:26 am

WAIT A MINUTE!!! WHAAAAAT WAS THE LAST ONE YOU SAID??

(O__o)
RoyalWing

Postby Professor Hojo » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:39 pm

Now I do not think Square is going too far with the FF7 Project.I mean,many of us DO want to see events occuring before or after the game revolving around characters/events we like*ie:Vincent in DC,Turks in BC*
If they make a Final Fantasy VII:Peanut Butter and Jelly any time soon,I will agree that Square Enix is off their rocker! O.o

Well there are some theories on Crisis Core that I found on its thread on FF7ac.net:

A)The game will revolve around Jenova.It will take place before FF7 during Jenova's trip to FF7's world or when she arrives or something like that.She might be the main PLAYABLE character*O.o*,or the main villian opposed to a Cetra hero/heroine.

B)The game will revolve around the Jenova Project.Characters like Prof.Gast,Iflana,PROF.Hojo a young Seph,vincent,Lucrecia,and a few more might be in it.Many think this is the core of the crisis because the crisis began from it,so there is a good possibility it might be this.

C)It is going to be the LONG AWAITED REMAKE OF FF7,SEEING AS FF7 IS THE CRISIS,MAKING IT THE CORE!!!! ^_^ I,personally,do not think this,but I really think there IS going to be a remake.
"There are so many frivilous things in this world"-Hojo,Final Fantasy VII
:rant: HOJO IS THE VILLIAN OF FF7!!! THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE ALONG WITH THOSE HOJO FANSITE DUDES!
Professor Hojo

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:23 pm

If Square made a high-quality remake of FFVII (by which I mean it would have excellant graphics, tweaked bosses, new dungeons, the same plot and some new secrets) it would essentially be like printing money. Given how much executives like money, I'm surprised they haven't done this yet. Evidently they want to cash in on every other little thing they can attach the game title to.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:52 pm

hehe...Sorry :p. I like FFVII and all, I really do its like my fav outta the series. I dunno anything about Crisis Core tho so I can't say anything lol.

I guess I said that cuz I was already in a bad mood over...something...dont care to discuss lol...

I'll look into it tho.

Savior_Sora

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:58 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:If Square made a high-quality remake of FFVII...it would essentially be like printing money.

Y'know, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. The thing is, it's true. With rabid fans clamoring for a remake, you've got to wonder what the logic is behind them NOT doing it.

Nate

Postby olorc » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:57 am

my theory is that they are going to make a remake they just want all these ffvii projects to come out before they even give word of the remake so as to stir up fvii interest again. This way people who only saw ffviiac or played DC would even more eager to buy a revised (dare I say better) version of the old ps1 game.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:49 pm

That's possible. Or perhaps they're waiting for the original gamers to reach retirement age, and meanwhile they'll continue to make spinoffs. As soon as the original players of FFVII are at the point where they are still alive and can play, they'll create the remake and cash in on several generations at once.

Before, there was a certain amount of logic in that Square never returned to an old FF title. But with X2, that isn't present anymore.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:53 pm

X2 was not very good though? (I think.) So I am a bit worried...
RoyalWing

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:23 pm

Wing-chan wrote:X2 was not very good though? (I think.) So I am a bit worried...

I personally didn't like X-2. I tried, God knows I tried. But I got so frustrated with the job system and the poor excuse for an ATB battle system that I quit playing it, and will probably never pick it up again. If you want a good solid Final Fantasy game with an excellent job system, pick up a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics for twenty bucks. It's a Greatest Hit. Heck, it's even got Cloud Strife in it as a playable character.

I think Square-Enix made a mistake when they made X-2, honestly. Considering that FFVII is more than likely the most popular Final Fantasy ever, when X got a sequel the first thing you got was people screaming for a sequel to seven. And justifiably so, in my opinion.

Although, really, I just want to see another Chrono game. All we know about another Chrono game is that it might be called Chrono Break. And, well, that's it. *Shakes head*

Nate

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment