American Idol Season 5

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:08 pm

meboeck wrote: Apparently next week's theme will be 21st century, so the songs will all be relatively new.

Ooo sounds like fun^^ Give them more of a variety to do, unlike their usual limit themes/artists/genres. I wonder what song Chris will pull off... well I just hope it's "rockin" ;)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby White » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:43 pm

~BlueRose~ wrote:WHITE! You crazy person! *hits White with paper fan*
I think "that person" should've been kicked off even before Kennik, Melissa and esepcially Will!!!! *cries in sleeve* What is America doing?!

Plus, Vote For the Worst was voting for "this person", and America totally overruled the people who dislike AI! GO AI FANS!!

But anyway, I haven't watched much of the top 12, because my favorite AI contestant got out right before it....yeah. *can't say name or will cry again* But Mandissa is AWESOME, and the most godly person in all the AI seasons!

I'm Just Saying A Lot of People Liked 'That Person' Even Thought He Wasn't The Best Singer...

Your Bro In Christ,

White
White

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:45 pm

Yeah, Bucky was saying how he didn't know this last weeks genre last week? So this will be all of their genre, and they can all do their own thing, and they all should do something great! I think I might tape it this week and see how they do. >.>
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://followingtheson.deviantart.com/
~BlueRose~

Postby White » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:21 pm

This Will Be Interesting To Watch, We'll Be Able To See Everyone Reall Do Well For Once :P

*Sets Up DVR To Record Next Week's Episode*

Your Bro In Christ,

Sam/White
White

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:37 pm

Grrr I missed last night's ep! Can anyone who saw it fill me in on how it went/what songs everyone sang?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby gungrave » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:03 pm

I goes with what I like to listen to.
I like Chris.... HE IS AWESOME
and I like Paris.... dern that girl can sing
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:57 pm

v_v aww so I just realized I missed the kick-off ep too this week! So can anyone fill me in on both? ^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:19 pm

[spoiler] This week Lisa Tucker got voted off[/spoiler]
That's who got kicked off above. ^

From what I understand, no one did well at all! The best 3 were Catherine, Taylor, and Elliot, but [spoiler] Catherine was in the bottom 3! Alone with Ace, and Lisa![/spoiler].

*sigh* I really don't have a thing for this season.
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://followingtheson.deviantart.com/
~BlueRose~

Postby White » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:25 pm

~BlueRose~ wrote:[spoiler] This week Lisa Tucker got voted off[/spoiler]
That's who got kicked off above. ^

From what I understand, no one did well at all! The best 3 were Catherine, Taylor, and Elliot, but [spoiler] Catherine was in the bottom 3! Alone with Ace, and Lisa![/spoiler].

*sigh* I really don't have a thing for this season.

I Thought You Said Your Family Was Addicted To This Season?

But I Too Have Lost All Interest In This Season Now...

Your Bro In Christ,

Sam/White
White

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:42 pm

I don't think this week's episodes were too exciting, but...they've got some REALLY good performers this year, so I'm enjoying this season more than any other I've followed. Mandisa, Paris, Taylor, Kelly, Chris...lots of favorites this season. ^^
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby meboeck » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:11 pm

This week was a strangely bad week. However, I must point out that Mandisa did something very brave and totally awesome. She was the first person on American Idol to sing an overtly Christian song. Go Mandisa!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Rocketshipper » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:35 pm

a couple of weeks ago Carrie came on and sang "Jesus Take the Wheel". That was an awesome performance ^^.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Yumie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:00 pm

meboeck wrote:This week was a strangely bad week. However, I must point out that Mandisa did something very brave and totally awesome. She was the first person on American Idol to sing an overtly Christian song. Go Mandisa!

Yeah, and suprise suprise, none of the judges got it! Paula's statement was outrageous-- "Well, Mandisa, all I know is there's a new religion out there, and loads of people are joining the church of Mandisa." And she looked like she thought she was giving Mandisa some huge compliment. :shake:
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:14 pm

Who got kicked off this week? I missed the results show! :waah!:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:21 pm

Lisa Tucker. I'm still scratching my head over this one as I thought she was extremely talented. I honestly expected Ace or Bucky to go.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby meboeck » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:29 pm

I think Ace and Bucky will go soon, but I am not surprised Lisa went this week. I too was really annoyed with Paula's comment to Mandisa. This week is supposed to be country. I just hope it's better than last week.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:43 am

Yumie wrote:Yeah, and suprise suprise, none of the judges got it! Paula's statement was outrageous-- "Well, Mandisa, all I know is there's a new religion out there, and loads of people are joining the church of Mandisa." And she looked like she thought she was giving Mandisa some huge compliment. :shake:

Oy oy :/ What song did she sing anyhow?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby meboeck » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:06 am

"Shackles" by Mary Mary. I think it's from 2000. Awesome, awesome song, but I personally wasn't so crazy about the arrangement for AI.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby MPX42 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:49 pm

[spoiler]This time Mandisa got kicked out.[/spoiler]

And I,too,didn't like what Paula said to Mandisa last week.
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:23 pm

MPX42 wrote:[spoiler]This time Mandisa got kicked out.[/spoiler]

Yeah, I was pretty surprised and dissapointed. But "that person" seemed to be a good sport about it.

Honestly though, the country songs just didn't work out :/ It actually sounds werid to hear with people with pop voices :/ ...not a good show... well, this week's theme is Queen! I wonder how they'll do with that!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MPX42 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:25 am

Who's-or what's-Queen?
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:15 pm

MPX42 wrote:Who's-or what's-Queen?

@_@... ever heard of "We Will Rock You" "Bohemian Rhapsody" or even "We Are the Champions"?! Heh, I actually found a Japanese version of all the popular songs once and I was like "jitensha?!" and my friend was saying "...they did do a song about a bicycle..." So yeah they have some pretty big hits.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MPX42 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:41 pm

Yeah,I heard some of those songs,just never cared who sang them. :brow:

[spoiler]And also,Bucky was the next person to get kicked out,and Ace and Eliott were with him in the bottom 3.[/spoiler]

MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:06 pm

MPX42 wrote:Yeah,I heard some of those songs,just never cared who sang them. :brow:

[spoiler]And also,Bucky was the next person to get kicked out,and Ace and Eliott were with him in the bottom 3.[/spoiler]

I'm not surprised "that person" is gone. Wondering when they'd go cause I didn't like their singing really anyhow :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MPX42 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:07 pm

By the way,does anybody know who got kicked out this week?

MPX42

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:05 pm

[spoiler]ACE!!![/spoiler]

*praises God* I'm SO glad he's gone~ He just annoyed me sooo much...

Tried to look like a pretty boy and couldn't even pull that off.

I want Chris to win. My second choice would be Paris, but I'd be sorely disappointed if Chris doesn't win. He should have an album already.
Kawaiikneko

Postby ZiP » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:04 pm

Yeah, I don't particularly miss him either. Good singer, but not the American idol. For me it would probably be Chris, however, if he gets kicked out, Taylor better win, or I'll be sorely displeased.... Grrrr!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Rocketshipper » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 pm

I'm glad that this week's person is now gone, but I was also annoyed that Kelly didn't get in the bottom 3. She is starting to get on my nerves. She's too much like Carrie! The finale better not be Kelly and Chris, that would be waaaay to similar to last year.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:16 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:I'm glad that this week's person is now gone, but I was also annoyed that Kelly didn't get in the bottom 3. She is starting to get on my nerves. She's too much like Carrie!

Never really watched much of last year... but Kelly is SOOOOOO blonde! >_< She's like a Southern Paris Hilton but like, not faking it. Also mad Yamin or whayever his name is didn't make it to the bottom 3 :/ He like, has a blah personality and stuff :/ So, not a fan. And what was the deal with making Taylor pick the bottom 3? (not very nice, my family thought).
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Yumie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:26 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Never really watched much of last year... but Kelly is SOOOOOO blonde! >_< She's like a Southern Paris Hilton but like, not faking it. Also mad Yamin or whayever his name is didn't make it to the bottom 3 :/ He like, has a blah personality and stuff :/ So, not a fan. And what was the deal with making Taylor pick the bottom 3? (not very nice, my family thought).

She makes me laugh, though, because she's so blond. And I was so suprised that Elliot made another round alive, I thought he'd get the boot this week for sure. And how could Chris make the bottom three? His performance was so good! And surely all the girls in America were all "Kawaii!" over her vest and tie ensemble, I know I was. . . XD
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment