Charlie and the Chococlate Factory

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:20 pm

$6 after a discount agasfas? At my theatre students get in $6.50 all times T__T even matinee...

I just got back from seeing the movie and I really loved it. You can't really compare it to the older version (well... you can, but its pointless to) Depp did a great acting job as always. XD
The only thing I didn't like as much was the oompa loompa songs... I liked the old ones better, but my mom thought they were hilarious.
All and all, it was hilarious ^^
Kawaiikneko

Postby Tommy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:41 am

I saw this movie because hwne I was on vacation and we decided to go to s drive-in theatre. The night we decided to go, the double feature was : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

The next Charlie and the Chocolate Facory and then Batman Begins. Il iterally wanted to put my fist through a wall.

IMO, the new one is better than the original. The original was so cheesey. This movie was cheesey, of course, but not as. And Willy Wonka was wise in this movie, they just made it seem like he wasn`t. And he had an outrageously odd resemblence with Micheal Jackson.

My favorite Line:

Violet: I`m Violet, and I`m a champion and I have the gum chewing record.
Willy: I don`t care.

While it was morel oyal to the book than the other movie, they didn`t explore the factory enough.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Kkun » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:52 am

This movie was inspirational. My new life's goal is to become a hermit and hole myself up in a completely rad candy factory and invent new kinds of chocolate and rock out.

Seriously, I enjoyed this movie. I guess it wasn't as good as the original, but I wasn't much of a fan of the original to begin with. It was one of those movies I could watch and not be completely turned off by, but it wasn't my favorite. I thought the Oompa Loompa songs in this new one were completely annoying, but that didn't stop me from having a good time. Wonka was a little bit effeminate but Depp did a good job. Other than the Oompa Loompa songs, I don't have many complaints.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:45 am

ROFL..."In this room, everything is eatable. Yes, even I am eatable, however, that would be considered cannibalism, which is frowned upon in most countries." XD I love that line! I think I already posted here, but I'll say it again...This movie was fantastic! I loved the redeeming qualities at the end, and also how they gave all of that extra background info on Wonka...I thought it was very good! n_n I'm not surpriesed either. After all, it is a Tim Burton film...>.>
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby righteous_slave » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:25 pm

I want to see it. Of course, I loved the original. It was wierd, wacky and occasionally psychotic (the boat scene, with the decapitated chicken and Gene Wilder screaming "And the rowers just keep rowing, and they certinly aren't showing any sign that they are slowing.....) The new one looks to be a different take on the story, no big surprie with Burton at the helm, but still interesting and entertaining.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:08 pm

I just came back from seeing it....it was watchable, and occasionally funny for me. I haven't seen the original one in ages, but I don't think I liked this one as much as the first.

What I DID like:

The "It's a Small World" rip off. I liked it when they did it in Shrek and I liked it just as much here.

The intro. Made me think "mmmmmm CHOCOLATE" almost all the way through the movie.

The ending. I liked it better than the original.

and other little easter eggs, like the "2001 Space Odyssey" clip and so forth.

I didn't like the Oompa Loompas all that much, although the flashback and the rock song made me laugh. Majority of the movie however seemed to be Oompa Loompa songs, which got on my nerves a little bit. Made the movie seem longer than it was.

As for the Wilder-Depp debate...I STILL like Wilder better. Hands down. But Johnny Depp made a good show, and it was his intention to be as un-Wilder-like as possible, so props to him.

Favorite lines: "What do you need the Hair Cream for?"
"Locks in moisture."
and "You smell like peanuts. I like peanuts."
"Y-you smell like...old people. And soap."

I also thought the elevator gag was funny, and I think they should make a ride based on the chocolate river.
Maledicte

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:56 am

I finally saw it... I loved it. The boat scene in the original has a couple of rivals in this one (like the dolls in the beginning,

I was absolutely giddy that they used the original songs. As soon as I heard the words "Agustus gloop, Agustus Gloop, that great big greedy nincompoop..." I started cheering! I think Burton's style fits more with Roald Dahl than the old movie's did... He proved that in his input into James and the Giant Peach

I wasn't too happy about the whole "Dentist Dad" thing, and Mike Tevee really bugged me (Hello, I'm a Video Game player, and I've got all sorts of hacker friends...) Of course, the original Mike Tevee bugged me as well.

All the ways it was more loyal to the book (such as the absence of the "Fizzy lifting drink" and the revival of the squirrels) and the general style and reverence than Burton brought to the material made this a great movie. It was even loyal to the original artwork (the scene as the children are exiting the factory mimics the official artwork, to an extent) It is definately one I'd want to own.

EDIT: My Favorite line: "I'm sorry, dear, Mr. Wonka is being very unreasonable."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Previous

Return to General Entertainment