The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 08, 2005 3:09 pm

From what I hear, it shows the scene in which Arthur's words go into a parallel dimension, cause a war, the invasion of Earth and the "defeat" of the invasion.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Sun May 08, 2005 4:22 pm

lol. Oh. THAT scene. That's a great one from the books. :lol:
Mithrandir

Postby termyt » Sun May 08, 2005 7:39 pm

Yeah, I always try to get my friends to stay through the credits. I won this time by dragging my feet about leaving and we saw the scene.

It's one of my favorite scenes from the book and I have quoted it often, so I'm glad they included it. Pretty hoopy froods, those directors.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby creed4 » Tue May 10, 2005 9:08 am

The movie was COOL way different from the one I saw on PBS. I like have they changed the girl's charecter (can't remember name). Love the movie
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu May 19, 2005 11:02 pm

I'm glad they kept the whale scene in the movie, but they missed the part of them getting out of the ship: "And then the horrible realization hit them: it was fresh whale meat!" That was one of the most memorable lines in the book for me... I noticed that some elements of book 2 were in this one, too... Like the drink sythesizer...

As for not cracking a smile, I was laughing through the first half hour of it and then got used to the jokes and stopped, except for a couple times... I was upset at some of the changes, like the love story I certainly don't remember from the books. There was also the shock at Adams' strong atheistic viewpoint coming through loud and clear... I was almost sure Disney would have toned that down, but they didn't... Well, not really... I guess it is still more pronounced in the books, but it was pretty strong in the movie...

The point of view gun at the end (with the robot) was my favorite scene too... I just wondered why the sherrif of nottingham quit his job at hogwarts to become a robot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri May 20, 2005 4:11 am

Talame wrote:I am! I love Marvin :grin: (btw, for those who don't know who he is, he's that white-roundy robot)

I could tell you your chances for survival.... you wont like it...

marvin > you

the movie was really nice, a lot different then the book though
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby glitch1501 » Fri May 20, 2005 8:40 am

i thought the movie was pretty funny, there were some hilarious parts, and some dumb parts, but it was worth watching

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri May 20, 2005 11:34 am

Bobtheduck wrote:I noticed that some elements of book 2 were in this one, too... Like the drink sythesizer...

I would imagine there will be quite a bit of swapping between the books; it probably happened with the radio and drama versions as well.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri May 20, 2005 5:36 pm

Actually, I believe the radio drama was first... That was one of Adams eccentricities... He intentionally changed the stories in each format it was released... He first made a radio comedy drama thing, then he made the books, then he wrote the screenplay...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat May 21, 2005 10:37 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Actually, I believe the radio drama was first... That was one of Adams eccentricities... He intentionally changed the stories in each format it was released... He first made a radio comedy drama thing, then he made the books, then he wrote the screenplay...

Yes, the radio drama was first. I didn't intend my post to indicate any sort of order, but to note the fact you mentioned: Adams changed the stories in every format.
uc pseudonym

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue May 31, 2005 8:39 pm

Gyoo...I saw maybe...the first hour? Well, my brother told me it was hilarious, so I went to see it...I didn't like it all that much.
Reason #1: People in some movie theaters seem to have no concept of the phrase, "Don't talk during the movie."

Reason #2: Someone's food smelled HORRIBLE. Ew.

Reason #3: I wasn't feeling good anyways. XP Yick.

Reason #4: It just wasn't making me laugh very hard, and I figured it would be better to just leave, and maybe see it when it comes out on DVD or something.

So perhaps part of it was the whole atmosphere of the theater that night, but I wasn't too impressed with it. Oh, well! Kicking and Screaming was SO much funnier!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Jasdero » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:12 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:From what I hear, it shows the scene in which Arthur's words go into a parallel dimension, cause a war, the invasion of Earth and the "defeat" of the invasion.

Gaaahhh.... This just gives me more incentive to buy the DVD as soon as they come out. I will purchase it the first day of its release. Then, I will watch that scene repeatedly - to make up for the time I missed it. Yesh... that will do nicely.
Jasdero

Postby BlueGothKitten » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:02 pm

THe first half was really good...and then the rest was awful!!! What on earth was the point of view gun, and wherewhere did it bloody come from? It wasn't in ANY of the Douglas Adams books, and then the movie just ended...doubt there'll be a sequel, too...probably the reason why it was so bad towards the end was that adams wrote the beginning screenplay, and then somebody else wrote the end after he died. But, jeez, how hard is it to follow a book? ALL I WANT IS A SCREENPLAY THAT FOLLOWS A BOOK!
Ban Sidhe
Alucard...woot! I will never, ever look at Capri Sun the same way again!
BlueGothKitten

Location: Alone in my fortress with my cat...until the neighbors intrude to say the music's too loud...

Previous

Return to General Entertainment