The Destruction of one of the Greatest Legacies of all time...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:57 am

ok..this is sincerely a terrible thing. -_- it really just goes to show how desperate and how few ideas these people must have. I mean...if they keep rechanging the characters and such....Why don't they just do a spin off of the Space Jam Movie...I mean..at least they were still them...they just played Basketball....*wanders off muttering to self*
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:35 am

soul alive wrote:if tom & jerry get made over... *shudders to think about it*

I guess you're unaware that CN has already made some new Tom and Jerry cartoons. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:51 am

I guess you're unaware that CN has already made some new Tom and Jerry cartoons. . .

are you serious?!
ShiroiHikari

Postby R. Zion » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:33 am

Hmmm....by my theory, if our great comedy geniuses are going in this direction, who's going to fill the void? Our action heroes, of course.

Coming 2006 to the WB... the Batman/ Superman Comedy Hour
R. Zion

Postby Debitt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 pm

Cap'n Crack wrote:Judging by how bad this cartoon looks, I suggest we hook generators to their whirling corpses in order to solve the present energy crisis.

In...library....must...not laugh! :lol: *cracks up anyways*

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Joshua Christopher » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:10 pm

Awesome, just awesome.

This is so funny, I love it. Kind of interesting that Tom & Jerry is the most popular American cartoon in Japan. Ahahahaha! One Piece was partially inspired by Tom & Jerry.

I'm sure this will do just as well as Sherlock Holmes in The 22nd Century.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:14 pm

[size=167][b]O
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:20 pm

I agree with BigSleep and Rev. - Let us use the 'force' - (*whirls remote around like a lightsaber*) and put it to eternal rest. :evil: (<--- perhaps the first time I've used that one).

It can wither and go limp like a piece of lettuce left in the hot water cupboard.....

Nice one, Volt. :grin: True, they're only changing the characters for this cartoon - problem is, if it becomes popular -- will they keep it?

*Joins you on the Greyhound bus weilding the Spork of Cartoon Justice.*
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:36 pm

Okay time for :rant:
I grew up with these dudes in their original form! They are timeless. You don't need to change them. The Looney Tunes don't need this treatment! Let me put it this way. When Disney redesigned Mickey Mouse's gang for the new generation in House of Mouse, they didn't go the anime route. No, they just put it in the modern days. And what do we get? Still the same old Disney magic from back in the day! That's all Looney Tunes would've needed to do! Need further proof that old stuff still rocks? How about exhibit B: The Disney/Squaresoft collaboration Kingdom Hearts also uses several of those really old Disney characters (Bambi, Dumbo, Maleficent, etc) as well as some more modern ones (Aladdin, the gang from Halloweentown, Mushuu, etc) and guess what? It's one of the best-selling games made for the PS2! And Disney's been doing cartoons longer than Warner Bros! This is so wrong in so many ways! People, when is Hollywood gonna learn? IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT! :stressed: :mutter:
rocklobster

Postby Maledicte » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:25 pm

That is just....wrong....

like most people here, I grew up with Looney tunes and love them just the way they are. I think they should just keep showing the old classic reruns.
Maledicte

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:52 pm

Agreed, Sir T2M- I love the classics, too.

I also agree with RLobster. "If it aint broke - don't fix it." I don't think the WB toons are broken. They're perfectly good.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:55 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I guess you're unaware that CN has already made some new Tom and Jerry cartoons. . .

noooooooooooo*gasp*oooooooooooooooooooo.
i wasn't aware of that... but i have no tv either...

they can't leave well enough alone can they :shady:
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Like reinventing the wheel.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Gypsy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:01 pm

Hmm, as horrible as I think the concept is, I actually really like the design style. I just wish it wasn't running over the classic style.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:26 pm

yeah, I would have found it kinda cool if it weren't the Looney Tunes it was being applied to.
ShiroiHikari

Postby White Raven » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:14 pm

This is cruel and unusual. I feel like crying.
White Raven

Postby Arbre » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:13 pm

Where's evil Tweety? =D I wonder what they would restyle him as. And where's Sylvester? Marvin? Elmer Fudd (<-- I dare them to try to make him look "cool")? Yosemite Sam? Porky Pig? Pepe LePeu? And that huge red hairy monster that wants to hold and squeeze and hug and call characters George? He was so cool... And who was that rooster? I forget his name. Oooh! I want to see them restyle Granny! xD

Seriously though, that style looks kinda wrong for those characters. It reminds me of grafitti more than anything. I'm leaning towards not liking it. I wonder what the animation's like. I can imagine it being very flowing, like ink.

It just feels like those aren't even the same characters. They don't have enough resemblance for me. Taz looks too intelligent, for one. "Daffy" looks the closest to the original-- minus the punk rock type pose. o_O Is that evil grinning rabbit supposed to be Lola? :( And is that a smoky-type ponytail? I'm scared. And Bugs doesn't even have a fluffy tail... how sad. I wonder why they chose the yellow for his color. Besides getting the whole rainbow effect, it doens't make sense.

Several of those upper limbs look like they end in can openers. xD And did they give the roadrunner arms? o_0 If either he or Wile. E. Coyote start talking... >_>

I watched a lot of Looney Toons and Merry Melodies growing up, but I didn't really like it. Still, it's kinda nostalgic in a way. Not being a huge fan, though, I guess I don't have as much of a problem with the new stuff they're creating as some of you do. ^_^;
Arbre

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:58 am

what a shame
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:17 pm

To begin with I love Duck Dodgers In The 24 1/2 Century.It's one of the
funniest shows on CN.Ok,I also watch it because it's on before Gundam Seed
on Friday nights. :lol:
That said I agree with everyone else that retooling the classic Looney Toons
is just some how all wrong.
Duck Dodgers,Yes...Bugs Bunny as Superhero,No! :mutter:
mitsuki lover

Postby desperado » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:23 pm

duck dogers works because its a series about a old merry melodies cartoon. this isnt its some idea thought up by some ignorant leader in wb and was agreed upon by his yes men... this really saddens me...................
desperado

Postby righteous_slave » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:30 pm

Oi. Another case of "why bother coming up with anything on our own and just play gumbo, toss in a little old and a little new and presto!! brand new (fill in the blank form of entertainment)" They wonder why anime is kicking thier backsides.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:28 am

Why do they lo
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:12 pm

Speaking of Duck Dodgers did anyone see the ep. where Dodgers steals
Tom Jones' voice?That was really hilarious! :lol:
This is another reason why DD works so well.
So if they want to compete with anime why don't they simply just go and try to get the rights to anime that haven't been shown for awhile like Sailor Moon.I bet there are a lot of people out there who would love it if someone like theWB started to air Sailor Moon. :P
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:35 pm

You wanna know something ironic? Back in WWII, when we were fighting the Japanese, WB did a lot of propoganda-laden cartoons with the Looney Tunes gang fighting Nazis. One of them, "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips", had Bugs Bunny fighting the Japanese. Now he has to conform to their art style. Ironic, huh?
rocklobster

Postby The Doctor » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:36 pm

The idea, on paper, has promise. But when I saw the new drawing....that's what turned me off to it.
The Doctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:03 pm

blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:09 pm

One of them, "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips", had Bugs Bunny fighting the Japanese. Now he has to conform to their art style. Ironic, huh?

that -is- pretty ironic.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Debitt » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:33 pm

blkmage wrote:That is awful.

....o_o that's...*shudders - gets up out of chair calmly, walks outside, and shrieks*

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Madeline » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:54 pm

Poor Bugs Bunny.

I guess we won't know until we see it...although I don't know if I want to.
Madeline

Postby Stephen » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:17 pm

This board works a bit better for tv and movie threads...
Stephen

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment