The Cronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby soul alive » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:04 pm

I'm so excited about this I can hardly contain myself. *explodes in excitement* I'm really hoping that it stays true to the book and intent of the book... being the huge Lewis fan I am. I'm also really hoping the people behind this movie who are Christian can keep a short leash on Disney when it comes to the Christian message. I hope it comes to a theater near me close to the release date. (I'm hoping a lot, huh? lol )
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby CephasWhite » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:15 pm

I agree.

Also, remember that Disney used ALOT of Christian symbolism in the old movies and some in the new ones today (I thnk, fill me in if you know)

Fantasia and 2000 *sigh* Those were beautiful!
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby The Last Bard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:29 pm

I really don't know if Disney will be able to pull this off...My guess is that it will end up appealing more to secular watchers than Christians. But I shall just have to see. ;)
The Last Bard

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:02 pm

Actually, Disney is the distributor. Walden Media is putting up the majority (in fact 95%) of the budget for the movie, and its owned by a conservative Christian billionaire, so I don't think they'd tone down the Christian elements.
bigsleepj

Postby CephasWhite » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:22 pm

Wow! That's great to know BJ!! :thumb:
CephasWhite

Postby CDLviking » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:57 pm

CephasVII wrote::bootout:

I only meant that they might try to exert some control over the movie in order to appeal to a wider, more secular audience. It was not a comment on the quality of Disney's films.
CDLviking

Postby CephasWhite » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:49 pm

Ah! I see. Okay. :thumb:
†††††††††††††

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby The Last Bard » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:35 am

So Walden Media is owned by a Christian? Sweet! Maybe it will be a good movie.
The Last Bard

Postby soul alive » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:27 am

*dances* I'm really hoping it'll be everything it should be. The special effects look awesome (I'm not much of a user of slang, but to quote my classmates, they look 'sick' XD) so if the plot, acting, etc. are kept on that same level, this could be one of my all-time favorite movies. Ah! I really am excited.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby The Doctor » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:03 pm

just so you know, you may want to research this, but in order to make the film, my friend told me that Walden Media HAD to get permission from C.S. Lewis' grandson. (or son).

According to the contract written, not only is Mr. Lewis playing the Professor, but has overall authority to approve or disapprove of how the movie is made. Any Christian element taken down or put out must be approved by him first.

so, looks like we're ok there. ;-)
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:29 pm

[quote="The Doctor"]just so you know, you may want to research this, but in order to make the film, my friend told me that Walden Media HAD to get permission from C.S. Lewis' grandson. (or son).

According to the contract written, not only is Mr. Lewis playing the Professor, but has overall authority to approve or disapprove of how the movie is made. Any Christian element taken down or put out must be approved by him first.

so, looks like we're ok there. ]

SWEET!! TOTAL AWESOMENESS! :thumb:

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Thanks for the info Doc!
†††††††††††††

CephasWhite

Postby CDLviking » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:07 pm

I know it's not really a fair thing to judge, but how do the actors match up with the image you created for the characters when you read the book?

Peter and Susan match up pretty well for me, but Lucy, and to a much lesser degree Edmond don't really match my conception of the characters. At first I said to myself, "She doesn't look a thing like Lucy." Then I remembered that I've never actually seen another Lucy before.
CDLviking

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:26 am

Yes, they had to get permission. Douglas Gresham has an eye over the whole operation and has been wanting to make it for around 20 years. He is C.S Lewis' stepson and a very strong Christian.
Jim Broadbent plays the Professor. Mr (C.S) Lewis is long dead.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:14 am

starwarsboy90 wrote:Sheesh, you guys are really excited about the Chronicles of Narnia Re-makes? The films have already been made, in the 80's or so, perhaps early 90's, in England, by the BBC company.

yeah... And there was an animated "Lord of the Rings" long before PJ's version... Guess what? PJ's version was BETTER... It was epic and beautiful and NOT CHEESY... Which is what this new LWW is shaping up to be.

Those BBC movies are so cheeseball... Besides, they may actually FINISH the series this time, or at least all but 2 (I heard a rumor that HaHB were going to be incorporated into Last Battle, but as Prince Caspian is only in planning stages, I'm sure it's probably just a rumor... Would be nice, though...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby soul alive » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:04 pm

I hope they do HaHB as a full movie, it's one of my favorites after Voyage and Last Battle (some people don't like it much though...). (how would they incorporate HaHB into Last Battle anyway? *is confused*)
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Well, supposedly (though I haven't looked at the page to see if that's changed) only 5 of the books were optioned... So, that means HaHB and Magician's Nephew, the only books out of Chronological order in the series (original order) would be removed. What my friend was suggesting was that the full story of HaHB would never be made into a movie, but elements of it would be in LB. Elements of MN may be in another movie, as well, such as scenes from MN being on the wardrobe... So, they may be elaborate and obvious, or subtle such as the wardrobe thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby soul alive » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:58 pm

Huh. Guess we'll see, eventually. Still, I would be one happy camper if they did all seven as full length movies...
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:21 pm

I hate to say it, but an entire movie based on Voyage of the Dawn Treader would be horrendously boring.
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby CDLviking » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:52 pm

I hope they give HaHB a full length movie. It's by far my favorite book. I love Aslan's "I was the Lion" monologue.
CDLviking

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:00 pm

Over at NarniaWeb (mane (lol) unoffical movie site) HaHB is the most popular Narnia book.

The offical movie trailer comes out in around 8 hours! Yeah!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby soul alive » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:36 am

Must just be my friends who don't like HaHB, those wierdos ... lol, not really.

My excitement level for this movie coming out is just below the 'make a count-down timer' level. Barely.

Really, I think each of the books would make an excellent movie, especially if scripted right. Voyage has one of my favorite scenes - the one where Aslan changes Eustace back into a boy - probably one of my favorite pieces of imagery from the series. But, *shrugs* guess we'll have to wait and see, ne?
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Tommy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:36 pm

I`m not sure if someone already posted this because i don`t have the time to go and backtrack every post in this thread so i`ll delete it if it`s been said:

The Original script for this movie was going to take out every positive message from God and fortunately a Christian Company bought the script from them. This is how the original movie was supposed to be:

Lucy, Peter, Sue, and Edmund were drug addicts in New Yrok so minus the British Accents. They ended up having to stay at a Phyciratrist`s home (Professor) and then they find the wardrobe.
[SPOILER]In the scene where Aslan is killed, they changed the script so that Lucy saves him so he doesn`t come back to life, because he doesn`t die to start with.[/SPOILER]

The above isn`t a joke. It`s serious. they wanted to add an American-Twist so there has to be drugs.... Thank God for the Company that bought it and stuck to the book. Remember Disney doesn`t make this movie, it published it basically.

Funny note. When I was 9 and I read these boks i though to myself: It wood be wewwy coow if this book was a movie in theatres.

Do you guys realize the four best special effects direcots in the world are joining together for this movie?

Another reason why we`re excited is because the 80`s Londenese (no offence to you British guys, I like that term) version had horrible special effects. They dressed up in costumes!!!
Tommy

Postby Shadowchild » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:43 pm

What?! They cant do that. That was a key thing in the movie!
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby CDLviking » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:45 pm

I'm actually not a big fan of modern special fx. I'm the kind of guy who thinks Star Wars looked better the first time around. A Jim Henson creature can beat a CG creature any day of the week.

*Dreams of a Jim Henson Aslan* :drool:
CDLviking

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:52 pm

Tom, that's not true at all. The true version is that it was going to be set in modern times Los Angeles and they weren't escaping the war but a massive earthquake and Turkish Delight was going to be replaced by hamburgers! Sad but true. Luckily Walden Media bought the rights of them before they could do any damage. They wanted to update it for the modern audience.
I don't know where you heard what you did Tom but its a load of baloney.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:06 pm

I'm really looking forward to this!! I saw the new trailer and it looks awesome. I'm glad, because I was gonna read LWW anyhow before the movie and now its been assigned as an option for Bible class. Woot, easy reading! Anyhow... I hated Horse and His Boy when I read it when I was little. Who knows, maybe I'd like it better now, but I remember hating it. My favorite was either Dawn Treader or Magician's Nephew. I read those two a TON... like over and over and over. XD So, yeah, me and my friends will probably all go see it together. I really hope the movies do it justice.
Kawaiikneko

Postby The Last Bard » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:40 am

CDLviking, I agree with you.
I don't like them making everything CG these days. Especially when you can tell it is CG work from a mile away.
Like those scenes in The Matrix where Neo is fighting hundreds of Agent Smiths.
Plus, it seems like these days they concentrate more on making everything look good instead of working on the story.

By the way, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a great book!
The Last Bard

Postby Tommy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:59 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Tom, that's not true at all. The true version is that it was going to be set in modern times Los Angeles and they weren't escaping the war but a massive earthquake and Turkish Delight was going to be replaced by hamburgers! Sad but true. Luckily Walden Media bought the rights of them before they could do any damage. They wanted to update it for the modern audience.
I don't know where you heard what you did Tom but its a load of baloney.

I heard it from from Bible teacher who does research for everything and makes sure something is 100% true before he says it . I believe what I said and I believe what you said. How can I believe both? Because I`ve heard of what you just said and that was the original script. Then they changed it to what i said and then sold the script to Walden Media. Believe what you want, but what I just said was the truth and it doesn`t matter anyways and it`s pointless to debate, do you why?: Because it`s not going to be like either one. Point is: The made a pathetic script and it was sold. The Hamburger thing would`ve been sad.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:27 am

Okay, sorry. Its just that I'm a very active member on NarniaWeb and I've read lots of official posts but never come across that one. Sorry again!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Tommy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:44 pm

No, it`s cool. Either way, this movie doe look promising. Is the entire film going to be bluescreen other than in the real world? Apparently, they haven`t hired any famous actors or actresses......GOOD!

The Lord of the Rings is an exception.
Tommy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment