Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Stephen » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:30 pm

Nah shes probably gone...but I mean...its not like she was an awesome character like Aeris.
Stephen

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:30 am

Then how come Aeris die first*?? Sorry, I like Tifa better.

*if, Tifa does die here. Which she does not... hopefully. *steals Tifa from toilet*
RoyalWing

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:37 am

Ultimately, we don't know. Unless someone does, there isn't a particularly good reason to continually discuss the subject.

Meanwhile, I'm as guilty as the rest of you, because this post really doesn't have any redeeming value.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:25 pm

RoyalWing wrote:HEY! We don't know that Tifa dies yet! She might just be hurt! .... .... *worries*

In the preview shots for Final Fantasy: The spirits within, you may remember that they showed a pic that really looked like Aki died... And, remember, Aki didn't die... Nope, not Aki. Not her. *cough*

So, maybe advent children will go down THAT road... *brick hits him in the head* OUCH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:39 pm

Ooh... Just thought of something...

Notice how the ancients are sorta like the Jewish people, they are separated from everyone else and they are looking for the promise land. Well, Final Fantasy 7 was loosely based on teachings in the Kabbalah (the most obvious refference being "sephiroth")

From what I've gathered by looking at the diagram of the kabbalah's view of God (I think they call it "tree of life", there are ten roots, ten branches, ten fruit called "Sephiroth", a trunk, and a head. Kabbalists believe that God is made up of those ten sephiroth, some masculine and some feminine-- some benevalent and some malevalent. FOr some reason, it is a prevailing idea in anime that for someone to be a god, they must have worshippers. Of course that's quite contrary to reality "Let every man be a liar" and in my favorite interpretation of Lain, this fall into the line "there was a God all along", but that's a major tangent. Where was I?

Well, sephrioth had gathered followers to worship him (that particular sephiroth) once he became "a god". That's what the big "reunion" was about. In Advent Children, there is talk of a Reunion "I can feel it" Cloud says. So, it may be more of the Sephiroth gathering followers... I wonder if that makes Jenova the "head" of the "tree of life." Weird...

That still leaves the branches and the roots... I mean, given they take the tree of life thing all the way... Of course, those four sephiroth may just be the malevalent ones...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:48 pm

:wow!:

I was wondering how they came up with such a cool name for Sephiroth!! I had no clue that was where this may have come from...Thats friggin awesome!! :thumb:
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:33 pm

This amounts to no more than hearsay, because I only vaguely remember it and cannot provide a link, but...

I think one of the creator's did state explicitly that the name Sephiroth had come from the mentioned source. However, I think he also alluded to the name being all that was taken from that source, and that the entire game does not parallel Jewish mysticism.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:04 pm

Hmm... Well, the promise land and the ancients/cetra fit that too... I'm not sure about Jenova, but she seems (to me) to fit the head thing... (it seemed in the diagram I looked at, which also could be erroneous given its source, that The tree of life had a definate head, in addition to the trunk, branches, roots...) I know not everything in the game came out of the Kabbalah, but with that starting point, a lot of things make sense (and the "worshippers" thing isn't reliant on the Kabbalah theory)

In the same way, some of FFX came out of the Gnostic scriptures (Most notably, the Aeons. but a few other details line up as well) I guess the creators of FF are really up on all these oddball religions out there... And, sorta against all of them, or just religion in general.
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:10 am

I'd like to think they just make good stories, but in the end I agree with you. At least they haven't done anything flagrantly anti-christian yet. But all of this is tangental to the topic of Advent Children.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:06 pm

Sorry to break up this discussion but...IT's YUFFIE!!!!! :hits_self lol

And a picture of I think Zack...Lemme put them up...they are low quality...but they'll do for now...When the HQ ones appear I'll be sure you guys get first look :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

Savior_Sora

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:23 pm

Savior_Sora wrote:Sorry to break up this discussion but...IT's YUFFIE!!!!! :hits_self lol

And a picture of I think Zack...Lemme put them up...they are low quality...but they'll do for now...When the HQ ones appear I'll be sure you guys get first look :).

YUFFIE!!!!!!!!*Falls in love all over again*
Solid Ronin

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:25 pm

Savior_Sora wrote:Sorry to break up this discussion but...IT's YUFFIE!!!!! :hits_self lol

Alright! It's Yuffie. The Other picture, looks like Zack but he's missing his long Hair. Anyway Savior_Sora, Thanks for the pictures. I especially like the One of Yuffie.

Steve
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:36 pm

BTW, Speaking of Tifa. I think Tifa and Cloud would make a better couple than Aeris and Cloud. I hate the Aeris/Cloud Coupling.Tifa is much better for Cloud. Let Aeris have Zack.

Oh, One more thing, Cloud is NOT I repeat NOT A Sephirorh clone,like most FF7 Otaku's claim.

God bless,
Steve
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:37 am

Christisright wrote:BTW, Speaking of Tifa. I think Tifa and Cloud would make a better couple than Aeris and Cloud. I hate the Aeris/Cloud Coupling.Tifa is much better for Cloud. Let Aeris have Zack.

Oh, One more thing, Cloud is NOT I repeat NOT A Sephirorh clone,like most FF7 Otaku's claim.

God bless,
Steve

Tifa: I agree, because I like Aeris and Zack together. But I really want to see what the creators decide to do about this. Sometimes I think that the coupling is not the most important part, I am interested in story.

Cloud a clone: I would like to say something, but it would be spoiler and not necessary.

I have a question... What does everyone think of the realistic versions of everyone? Do you like the drawings or realism better?
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:00 am

I like the realisms...to me I like to think of what they all would look like in our REAL world ya know?...That would mean I'm taller than Cloud...hes a shorty lol.

Oh yeah...a promise is a promise...heres the pic :).

*edit*

I could go into the Clous being sephy close thing...I'll put it in spoiler so look only if you want to...this is what I think

[spoiler] Cloud is a regualr person...but when he went to the Shinra he was injected with enova cells and with Mako by Hojo right? So in a way he is a clone...but not entirely. The Jenova cells he has in his body make him have a connection with Sephiroth...remember at the Teple of the Ancients with the Black Materia? Sephiroth has grown strong enough he can control the people who carry Jenova in them (cells or what not). The thing that confuses people is the thing with Zack tho...Zack was the real person that came w/ Sephy to Nibelheim...Zack was the First Class SOLDIER. Cloud was just a regular Shinra trooper. Cloud just used that past (well the clone side of him used it) so he could get closer to Sephiroth. (The Reunion). But it just happened to be that that was what Sephiroth was planning. Cuz remember when Cloud finally cracks at the Northern Crater...he said...I wasnt seeking Sephiroth...I was beiong called by him..soemthing like that. Then after he fell into the lifestream with Tifa he was in his subsoncious and Tifa helped him regain his true self and regain hi memories...the true memories.[/spoiler]

Well that's about it for now I guess...I'm bored so that was kinda something to pass the time by lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:00 am

How tall is Cloud?
RoyalWing

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:31 am

He's 5' 10"...It's on the instruction manual. I'm taller than most of them lol. I'm 6' meself....Okwe may not be "short" but he is to me lol. I think the tallerst char is Sepheroth and I THINK hes...6' 1" or 2"

Savior_Sora

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:25 pm

Savior_Sora wrote:I could go into the Clous being sephy close thing...I'll put it in spoiler so look only if you want to...this is what I think

[spoiler] Cloud is a regualr person...but when he went to the Shinra he was injected with enova cells and with Mako by Hojo right? So in a way he is a clone...but not entirely. [/spoiler]

That sounds more like [spoiler]Cloud's false memories than what really happened... That was the sort of story they passed off at the beginning of the game, but not what was true later on...[/spoiler]
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:23 pm

I believe Sephiroth's height and weight are stated as "unknown" but we can deduce his height from rough approximations in cutscenes.
uc pseudonym

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:36 pm

His height is stated in the book I believe...I'm 90% sure...everything else on him is stated unknown cept the fact hes uses a long sword and his name. Everything else is "unknown".

Savior_Sora

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:33 pm

"Short"? That is "short"?? :lol: You scared me when you said he was shorty!! And now.. he is 5"10! That is much taller than me yes? Because I am 165 cm, 5"5 I think. I thought I was tall! But then.. you are taller then he is? And Sephiroth is same height? ....? Cool~ you are tall!! XD

I don't want to be rude but... I will ask my question again... Because I was the one who asked it, and then went off topic. I'm very sorry.
I would like to know your opinions please: question is: "What does everyone think of the realistic versions of everyone? Do you like the drawings or realism better?"

I really like the realism, but I just really, really like the Tetsuya Nomura drawings. Such original style. So I guess I like the drawings more.
I am surprised when I saw Sephiroth and Cloud! Their hairstyle, I think, they ttried very hard and made the drawing into realism very well. Sephiroth to me looked abit... shocking... to me when I first saw him. But I really think they did good job on his eyes (they are still "snake eyes" with the long thin black part of the eye and nice turquoise colour). ^-^
RoyalWing

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:09 pm

I love the realistic artstyle it is very well done and gives the movie a nice look. it's alot better than stick arms with big blocky hands.:P
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:30 am

Yes, given a comparison to game graphics, anything would look great. Personally, I'm glad they went for a realistic look. This is a different artstyle, so it should change accordingly.
uc pseudonym

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:00 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Yes, given a comparison to game graphics, anything would look great. Personally, I'm glad they went for a realistic look. This is a different artstyle, so it should change accordingly.

I agree that it is MUCH better than the lego people used in the game. But I meant, the drawings, like in uc avatar. Sorry if you knew that already.

I was abit surprised with Sephiroth hair, because it... well, the bangs... they "melted". I don't know how to say it. Yes it does look more realistic, but they had managed to make Wakka (from Final Fantasy 10) look 'realistic' with his hairstyle.
RoyalWing

Postby Gypsy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:20 pm

Yes, I'm very pleased with the way they've translated the character designs. How much longer do we have to wait, again?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Savior_Sora » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:10 pm

Well I just read that Shounen Jump Magazine states in the scan the release date is undecided. So my guess is that they either changed the date or they're gona relrase it later with both languages...I'm not sure but just as long as it gets here I'm ok.

I love the relistic look tho. To me it brings out the character more...in personality, stature, character...just everything. I think they did a good job on making the characters look like they are...Yuffie looks so Japanese :P

Savior_Sora

Postby Yojimbo » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:25 pm

Spring 2005 looks to be the most likely release date.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:44 am

Ya know..wouldnt it be sweet if at the very end of the movie they gave of a trailer for A ff7 remake...I'd love to see that.
Solid Ronin

Postby Savior_Sora » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:56 am

Yeah 2005 Spring was what they set for the USA release. But they also said that it would be released in Japan in late 2004...Then thy say a few days ago in the Magazine that it's undecided...what the mess is goin on here?...:bang:

Oh BTW like my new ava? It's sooo kool I love it!! Thanks to Oathxeeper for making it for me and special thanks to panegryst for resizing it for me and still keep its quality :thumb:

Savior_Sora

Postby Splintered » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:38 pm

Cool! WHich one is that, Kadaj?

It's suppose to be out in Japan 2004. The first date was suppose to be around early fall of this year but they pushed it back. But they want it done by this year. Who else thinks that Tifa's outfit rocks?
Splintered

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment