Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:25 pm

Ja-January?!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, What ist he point of delays. Just ship it now!

I`ll be surprized if it ever hits the U.S. My entire life will be next month and the month after.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby blue elf » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:27 am

The Animenation website says November and I think Amazon.com does too. They had an article about the movie in Newtype this month, but I can't remember if they mentioned the date. I hope it's not January! I was looking forward to getting it in November. Does anyone know if they have officially pushed it back to January!?
blue elf

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:34 am

Now the company can sit around and cry when they lose sales too bootleg companys. Is it any wonder? They have enough problems with bootlegs im sure, but waiting this long? I seriously am starting to not really care about AC. Square is lousy about showing the fans somthing nice...then dangling it in front of them saying, "don't the graphics look pretty, look at the animation" Ladeeda. I say, where is FF12, where is AC? Bah. Give me my Metal Gear.
Stephen

Postby Nightshade X » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:40 am

tsk... this is foolish. Why is Sony Pictures acting so stupid?! It's not even Square-Enix that's pushing the date back, since they planned a simultaneous U.S.-Japan release. It's just Sony Pictures being stupid. Man... I'm sure it's ready to go, too. They're just trying to create hype from the fans to sell more copies to non-fans. Just ship it today and be done with it, stupid!! >_<
Nightshade X

Postby blue elf » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:32 am

Well, I just checked Amazon.com and Animenation again and they still have it down for Nov. 29, so hopefully the January date turns out to be a mistake on the part of Right Stuf. *I really hope.* I really want to see this movie, but the way they keep changing the date is starting to annoy. ^^;
blue elf

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:47 am

*laughs* I am curious, how many bumps has this taken? I think it was suposed to be September...then we skipped right over October...now its what, almost December? What a joke. I hope there sales flop on it. It is beyond ignorant to do what they have done as far as this product goes.
Stephen

Postby SilverFang » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:03 pm

dont be mad... but I have seen advent children. I was able to see it yestorday... I am holding it in my hands right now. I am telling the truth.
but I must say.................................................... IT IS SO COOL! the fights are realy good. the music realy gets your blood pumping. I even shed a tear.... or two... ok three, over it. trust me it is wourth the long..... long.......... long..................................weight.
I will answer any qoustions you might have... I will be happy to. but I dont know how to do the spoiler tag thing. :sweat:

but I agree with all of you.... they need to bring out the USA version, and fast. I will buy it as soon as it hits the shelves.
SilverFang

Postby Wise Dragon » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:31 pm

How did you get it?
Wise Dragon

Location: North Carolina (Lost in the vast empty wasteland of my mind.)

Postby SilverFang » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:53 pm

thats the part I am not proud of. I know sombody who cheeted I got it.... online.... and he let me have it.
SilverFang

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:47 pm

Having it is no big shocker, I know 3 or 4 people atm that have it. I am just saying, companys cry and snivel when people bootleg. Yet, when it comes down to getting a product into a customers hands...there slow as molasses.
Stephen

Postby CDLviking » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:48 pm

I've heard that as long as you own the original it's permissable by copyright laws to have backups such as downloads, so if your conscience is bothered make sure to buy the real thing too.

[spoiler ] this is how you do spoiler tags, just take out the spaces inside the tag [/spoiler ]
CDLviking

Postby SilverFang » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:08 am

not only will have have the movie when it comes to the states, but I will have the sound track as well :lol: , but my consience does not feel that bad.... I just watched it again for the 5th time... I think I will be ok :lol: :sweat:
SilverFang

Postby Souba » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:46 pm

Hmm not sure if I posted yet, but if I didn't I really love the movie! One of my complaints would be more Kadaj, but hey that's just me. ;) I think it's hard to watch if you don't know the story in advance, while showing it to my family I had to explain who died, and why what happened. Then they way it's eidited it like playing a video game at points where you get to see the inbetween sequences once you beat a boss. There were also some scenes that were changed from the trailers, and scenes I rather liked.

Other than that overall the quality of the animation, and the action sequences are enough to hold your attention, but this filmed seemed to be made to be viewed several times, and at times using the slow-mo button on your remote, otherwise you can't take in all the amazing fight sequences.
God Bless,
Souba

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:13 pm

I think this movie follows in the tradition of the other Square movies. Very technically impressive, attentive to detail, action packed, and yet simplistic.

There is essentially no plot to this movie, its really just a showcase of the techincal genius of the SquareEnix crew combined with photo-realistic effects. The only backstory is carried by the game itself (which is fitting; I do not see anyone apart from fans of FFVII seeing this movie) so there are numerous cameos from familiar characters. Unfortunately, the movie assumes a bit too much; it does not fully reveal the origin of the "advent children," or how this geo-stigma disease started to affect random individuals around the world. And what I didn’t understand was instead of building off the story that was presented at the end of the game, they just make some sort of offset storyline (fairly weak at that) that does little to further the story in general.

Still, I enjoyed the fights in this movie, but couldn’t help but feel like they were the main event. Everything else just seemed secondary.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:05 am

The battles were incredible... other than that... I dunno. I saw it in japanese so I couldn't understand any of the dialogue. Good thing was that the anime store I saw it at had it on a 30-somthing is LCD. It was gorgeous....

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Maledicte » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:46 pm

I heard it's coming out Nov. 29th, because of dubbing issues. Hopefully this means they're trying to come out with the best dub possible.
Maledicte

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:53 pm

See?

Do we need any more proof that anime shouldn't be dubbed than the delay issues associated with it? :P

I kid, I kid.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Souba » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:31 pm

[quote="Yojimbo"] Unfortunately, the movie assumes a bit too much]

Yea they DID explain how the disease started, if you read the four part translation of "On the Way to a Smile" on the official website. :P Ok so how many of us are going to do that? Ok well aside from me. :lol: That's why I think it would be important to have this included along with the OVA on the US and worldwide versions. Oh and last I checked with Gamestop they updated the site and have a new release date of ETA: 1/10/06 according to one employee it's due to dubbing problems... But take that as a grain of salt. :eh:
God Bless,
Souba

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:03 am

Ahh, well. Just wait a bit longer. I'm sure it won't kill ya'll.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Stephen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:47 am

Ahh, well. Just wait a bit longer. I'm sure it won't kill ya'll.

I just think its pretty crappy how the fans are getting treated through all of this. Its just another stellar SquareEnix preformance. I figure I will buy my copy of AC when FF12 comes out. Oh. Wait...
Stephen

Postby Myoti » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:14 pm

Just saw it today. Not too much plot, it seems, but still...

It. Freakin'. Rocked.

That's all that can be said. The fight scenes were unreal, yet by far the most amazing thing I've seen in a long while.
Myoti

Postby Kurama » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:36 pm

Oh man! Im dying to see it! I got so exited i had to make a AMV about it! XD
Kurama

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:57 pm

It's good.
My goodness, I loved it.
And that other FFVII one...Last Order, was pretty good too, though I didn't really understand the ending. ^^;
Ren_sama

Postby Stephen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:05 pm

Just watched it. Wow. The story was not the greatest, but at least we got a decent ending at last. The fighting was amazing. Whoever decided that FF7s original ending was a good idea, should be force fed materia till death.
Stephen

Postby Yokuo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:10 pm

Still haven't played VII, which is sad seeing as I've owned it for about 2 years...

I watched the movie though (I know enough about the game to understand what happened) It was cool!
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Postby CDLviking » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:45 pm

Yokuo wrote:Still haven't played VII, which is sad seeing as I've owned it for about 2 years...

I can't understand this. Whenever I buy a game, movie or book, the first thing I always do is play/watch/read it until it's over, but all the time I hear people say that they have something but haven't seen it yet :eh: .

I'm really looking forward to Last Order. Does any know if it will be on the DVD with AC?
CDLviking

Postby Yokuo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:56 pm

What's "Last Order"?
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Yokuo

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:45 pm

CDLviking wrote:I'm really looking forward to Last Order. Does any know if it will be on the DVD with AC?

According to my local store Last Order is ONLY going to be availiable with the limited edition... the $300+ monstrosoty that's already sold out. Thats it. I hope that they are seriously wrong because I wanna see it.....

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Stephen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:43 am

Wow. Thats so nice of Square to make things only available to those shelling out 300 bucks. I can smell the DVD burners now....
Stephen

Postby Yokuo » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:53 am

Again, what's Last Order?

Yokuo

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment