worst movie titles

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

worst movie titles

Postby Maledicte » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:41 pm

you know some movies have titles that just....STINK? as in, who came up with this movie and how does it make me want to watch it? yeah. Doesn't matter whether or not the movie itself is good.

The Interpreter--sounds very...un-thrilling to me.
Saw--possibly the worst named movie ever, because you sound like an idiot if you talk about it. "Did you see Saw?" "Oh, I saw Saw last night! lol"

And others...
Maledicte

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:44 pm

Manos: the Hands of Fate, which I believe translates to Hands: the Hands of Fate.

Redundant spooookiness...
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Stephen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:08 pm

I know what you did last summer. And the many horrid sequals that followed...including I kid you not, the newest to come. "I will always know what you did last summer"
Stephen

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:21 pm

Attack of the Clones. *shakes head*

Anways, Movie titles sound really lame whenever they end it with ".........:The Movie!" -and we can't forget Star Trek: The Motion Picture. :lol:
Link Antilles

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:02 pm

I can think of two, except they're pretty old and I've never actually seen them: Them! and The Man With The Power.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:03 pm

The Neverending Story II. How can a story with no end have a sequel?
Arnobius

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:05 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Manos: the Hands of Fate, which I believe translates to Hands: the Hands of Fate.

You've seen that?! It's awful isn't it? XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:23 pm

Hey, SirThink, I'll have you know that "The Interpreter" is a good movie. Its a slow-paced, thoughtful thriller and is not supposed to be a "thrill-a-minute" thing. Thus the title "The Interpreter" is the correct title. Not a classic but a good movie.

Dumb movie titles: The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? (1964). It is a crap movie but lets face it - dumb title. Amusing title though.

Attack of the Clones It would have been a good title if the goodguys were actually attacked by clones, not leading the attack in itself.

Sergio Leone, who directed "Fistful of Dollars" & "The Good, the Bad & The Ugly", is one of the best directors ever. But his little seen movie set in the Mexican Revolution owes its obscurity due to its title. The movie has two titles and has been released under both for several times, but neither are inspiring. In the United Kingdom it was released under the title "Fistful of Dynamite", obviously to cash in on the success of a similarly titled western, making most people think its just a ripp-off of the previous film. The US title it was released under was even worse: "Duck, you Sucker". The original Italian title however is hardly better. It translates as...."Once Upon a Time... the Revolution." Admittedly though it seems to capture the movie's setting better than the other titles.
bigsleepj

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:16 am

Manos: the Hands of Fate, which I believe translates to Hands: the Hands of Fate.

I love that movie! Well the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version. Pricless...just like Mitchell.:lol: Anyone know what movie that was with Joe Don Baker as a Texas Ranger who had to bust some Maltese mafia or something?

The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Besides the fact that it sucked that's just too long winded.

Ohhh another good one Order No. 27. It's a North Korean Tai Kwan Do/
Action/Propaganda movie. It's so ridiculous obviously, but it's entertaining.:lol:
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:58 am

Mystic Pizza was always a stupid name. So are variants on things such as "October Rain" or "December Sun" or "February Snow" -- they sound like something that popped out of a Market-o-Matic or a group advertising panel. Marketing by committee = teh f3ar.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Technomancer » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:42 am

Attack of the Clones. *shakes head*

As bad as a title as this was, it was also strangely appropriate given how much the movie ripped off other films.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Ingemar » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:56 am

To Wong Foo [???]: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Never actually saw the movie, but something about that title doesn't sit well with me.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:09 am

ShiroiHikari wrote:You've seen that?! It's awful isn't it? XD

Alas, I haven't seen it yet, though I really, really want to. I've only read an article about it's anniversary and it's infamy. It sounds pretty awesomely horrendous.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Sesshoumaru » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:11 am

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead ....... :shake:
Sesshoumaru

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:25 am

Cowboy Bebop the Movie...? ain't it 'spose to be Knockin' on Heaven's Door? 'Slike Yugioh! The Movie.... unh...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Sesshoumaru » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:13 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Cowboy Bebop the Movie...? ain't it 'spose to be Knockin' on Heaven's Door? 'Slike Yugioh! The Movie.... unh...

Use of the English language would help.

Just playin :)
Sesshoumaru

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:18 am

I'm reminded of the episode of Simpsons where Bart got a fake driver's license and they went to see a movie.

As Nelson walks out of the theater, he looks up at the marquee and the title of the movie, Naked Lunch.

Nelson then states, "I can think of two things wrong with that title."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:12 pm

Dumb
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Joshua Christopher » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:23 pm

xXx
xXx: State of the Union.

And The Pacifier, just for the fact that Vin Diesel didn't punch any babies.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Starfire1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:05 pm

about a boy...*sarcasm*...wow...that sounds so incredibly intresting...
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Postby Lehn » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:22 pm

To Wong Foo [???]: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Never actually saw the movie, but something about that title doesn't sit well with me.

Its about gay crossdressers on a roadtrip. Wouldn't suggest it personally.

Vanilla Sky
To Sir with Love
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Ingemar wrote:To Wong Foo [???]: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

I certainly hope so, as it was about transvestites.

EDIT: Looks like great minds think alike, eh, Lehn? ^_^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Arnobius » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:14 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Cowboy Bebop the Movie...? ain't it 'spose to be Knockin' on Heaven's Door? 'Slike Yugioh! The Movie.... unh...

They couldn't use that title because of the already existing song by the name. In Japan they can get away with it, but not in America.
Arnobius

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:55 pm

"Attack of the Clones"
"The Devil's Rejects" ::rolls eyes::
"Bad News Bears"
Hitokiri

Postby Aeolus21 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

An amusingly bad name for an equally bad movie...
Aeolus21

Postby Mave » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:07 pm

'Captain Sky and the World of Tomorrow' almost discouraged me from watching it but I liked the cast. I watched it anyway and liked it.
Mave

Postby Maledicte » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:10 pm

bigsleepj wrote:Hey, SirThink, I'll have you know that "The Interpreter" is a good movie. Its a slow-paced, thoughtful thriller and is not supposed to be a "thrill-a-minute" thing. Thus the title "The Interpreter" is the correct title. Not a classic but a good movie.

well, they sure didn't market it that way...I haven't seen it myself, so... :shady:
Maledicte

Postby SpikeSpiegel306 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:24 pm

Friday
Next Friday
The Friday After Next
SpikeSpiegel306

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:04 pm

The sisterhood of traveling pants

but many people say it's a good movie
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Uzziel » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:45 am

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Operation Dumbo Drop, Ewok Adventures: The Caravan of Courage.
Uzziel

Next

Return to General Entertainment