Fight Science on Nat'l Geo.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Fight Science on Nat'l Geo.

Postby HwaRang777 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:07 pm

so I saw this preview for a show called "Fight Science" on Nat'l Geographic. Basically, it's a show where they pick a weapon/martial art and see what certain actions/attacks can do... through a scientific approach. Using the latest and greatest in technology, to measure the strength, speed, and skill of these martial artists. And may I say that I was BLOWN AWAY!!!

I've taken martial arts, and I've always known that when I attack it's not just to make the opponent say "ow". No, it's meant to do serious damage. For example, in one experiment, a muay thai kickboxer knee'd the "opponent" (a dummy filled with pressure thingys) and it rivaled the impact of a car going 35mph (56kmh)!!! There was many other things that they'll show. Which I am angry cuz I'm at college and I don't get Nat'l Geographic javascript:smilie(':bang:')

what do you guys think of the show?
Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
Dire deeds awake, dark is it eastward.
Let horse be bridled, horn be sounded
forth Eorlingas!
-from LotR

KIMCHI POWERS UNITE!
HwaRang777

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:42 am

Muay Thai is serious stuff. People wonder why in MMA fights, a guy takes 3 leg kicks and can't walk right. Our bodys are quite good weapons if trained right. I have been meaning to see this show having heard very good things from a few people about it. Hopefully they expose some of the junk martial arts that are spoon fed in the USA as martial arts.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:09 am

That sounds very interesting. I'll have to see if I can catch it one way or another; at college that should be possible.
uc pseudonym

Return to General Entertainment