Anime Magazines

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anime Magazines

Postby KBMaster » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:55 pm

I hope this is in the right forum... I'm looking for some recommendations for anime magazines, as you may have gathered from the title of this thread. I'm looking for something that covers... cleaner animes. So, far, Beckett's anime magazine looks pretty good.

And I know that I'm going to get PLENTY of people suggesting this one, so just so you know, I am not interested in Shonen Jump. There are only three manga titles(two of which SJ does not cover) that I like, and I am collecting the mangas for those titles.

Some animes/mangas that I am like are: Inuyasha, Shaman King, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Alchemist, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba, Wolf's Rain, and Fruits Basket. I'm also interested in Saint Tail, Magic Knights Rayearth, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles, Naruto, Aria, and Scrapped Princess.

Thanks for any replies.
KBMaster

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:48 pm

A question of clarification: are you asking for periodicals that contain manga or any magazine covering the subject of manga? If you mean the former, I think that your current options are fairly limited. If the latter, I cannot offer a very informed opinion, though I am sure others can.

KBMaster wrote:So, far, Beckett's anime magazine looks pretty good.

Though I am not certain which specific magazine you refer to, I would generally advise you away from Beckett. Unless you want to use card listings, I'd say they're barely worth skimming at a store.
uc pseudonym

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:08 pm

Why not take a look at Anime Angels' Mangazine? It's got a few good Christian-perspective reviews in it. :)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:39 pm

If you bought or rented any of the DVDs put out by ADV lately you will have noticed that they always include ads for Newtype magazine in them.I haven't seen or read it myself though.
mitsuki lover

Postby KBMaster » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:58 am

A question of clarification: are you asking for periodicals that contain manga or any magazine covering the subject of manga? If you mean the former, I think that your current options are fairly limited. If the latter, I cannot offer a very informed opinion, though I am sure others can.

Both, although the former is much harder to find.
Why not take a look at Anime Angels' Mangazine? It's got a few good Christian-perspective reviews in it.

Wow, that looks good. Thanks! I was interested in it a while back, but... I forgot about it.
If you bought or rented any of the DVDs put out by ADV lately you will have noticed that they always include ads for Newtype magazine in them.I haven't seen or read it myself though.

Yes, I've seen it advertised in the back of Azumanga Daoih, and it didn't really have anything on the cover that I liked. I've either never heard of the anime they cover or I'm not allowed to watch it. But thank you very much for the suggestion.
Though I am not certain which specific magazine you refer to, I would generally advise you away from Beckett. Unless you want to use card listings, I'd say they're barely worth skimming at a store.

Er, but I DID skim through it in the store. And I don't remember seeing card listings. I suppose I'll simply have to wait to check it again when I next go to EB games.

Thank you all very much for your help. :D
KBMaster

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:41 pm

I highly recommend Newtype USA Magazine. With tax, it's $14, it's a good magazine to collect, it has a lot of great articles and new anime information in it, and it comes with a DVD that has three new anime episodes on it! It's great for anime fans that are on a budget because it only comes out once a month!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Return to General Entertainment