Cars: The Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Cars: The Movie

Postby ashfire » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:16 pm

I am surprised that no one did a post about the movie.
When I was at the beach and everything I was there for was done I decided to see two movies. First was The Da Vinci Code which I am not going to go into because I don't I want to give my view of.
Later in the evening I went to see Cars.
The one thing I enjoyed about the movie was the animation.
During race scenes you would think you were watching a real NASCAR race with living talking race cars racing against each other.
It is funny to think of a world where machines are the only living thing except for Transformers which the live action movie will be out next year about this time.
I figure with the amount of box office money this movie made I wonder if a sequel would be in the works for Cars or a TV series.
All the previews and the preshowing were all animations before the movie started
ashfire

Postby Tarnish » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:22 pm

I loved this movie. ^^;; Unfortunately, none of the people I saw it with share my view (though that probably made me like it even more XD)...
I'm not a big car enthusiast, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't Pixar's best, but it's one of the better things in theaters now, for sure!
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby beau99 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:14 am

I haven't seen it yet, and I was a little apprehensive about seeing it in the first place. However, I have Lightning McQueen on my desktop right now :)
beau99

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:25 am

I really liked this movie. Although it kind of plays to my weak spots. Cars+comedy+amazing graphics+insane lighting and reflections+ they made drift racing superior to boring (IMO) nascar racing= Awsomeness.
Cognitive Gear

Postby ashfire » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 am

beau99 wrote:I haven't seen it yet, and I was a little apprehensive about seeing it in the first place. However, I have Lightning McQueen on my desktop right now :)

When I went to see it I went by myself. Acourse I was surround by families with their children but I sat in a spot bymyself. I had one interesting family sitting in front of me. They had a child with Down syndrome and they kept trying to leave or grab one of the parents or other siblings. The child was a handful but he was quiet during the movie.
One thing I will tell everyone don't leave when the credits start because you miss some great additions to the film up to the time the film runs out.
ashfire

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:24 pm

I saw Cars a few weeks ago, and while I have enjoyed other Pixar movies more in the past, I still really enjoyed it. :D Still, I think my favorite part was the whole thing with the

[SPOILER]previous Pixar movie scenes done in "Cars" style. XD That was really cute![/SPOILER]

The thing I probably liked least about the movie was

[SPOILER]its predictability...I practically knew every detail of how it would end before it ended. Doc and the other Cars were going to come back just in time to be Lightning's crew, Lightning was going to use his new "drift" trick, the little tire car was going to get to change Lightning's tires, and Mater was going to get his ride in the helicopter.[/SPOILER]

So yeah, it was predictable, but really cute and fun. :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:36 am

I STILL HAVEN"T SEEN THIS! I really want to! GASP! I need to see this soon
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby beau99 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:05 pm

ashfire wrote:When I went to see it I went by myself. Acourse I was surround by families with their children but I sat in a spot bymyself. I had one interesting family sitting in front of me. They had a child with Down syndrome and they kept trying to leave or grab one of the parents or other siblings. The child was a handful but he was quiet during the movie.
One thing I will tell everyone don't leave when the credits start because you miss some great additions to the film up to the time the film runs out.

I'm not worried about that.

I just don't like the idea of talking cars.
beau99

Return to General Entertainment