Nanny McPhee

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Nanny McPhee

Postby Puguni » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:37 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's not something you laugh out loud at, but something you enjoy as it goes on. I really liked the casting of the children though. :D I also liked Nanny McPhee; she's not Mary Poppins, but she's just as good. Anyone else see it?
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:42 am

That tooth.......ewwww.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:29 pm

I read the review in the paper yesterday and it sounds like one of those rare movies where you can actually take the entire family and everyone is sure to enjoy it.
mitsuki lover

Postby Puguni » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:34 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:That tooth.......ewwww.

:O Her deformities are there for a reason...it's part of the plot! Doesn't that make you want to watch it now?

I hope Nanny McPhee is enjoyable for families; it was for mine. ^^
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Whoot! I just watched this the other day and was pleasantly surprised! At first it really did remind me of Mary Poppins. As the plot progressed, however, I got to see the many differences, and I fell in love with the story! Nanny McPhee is a really awesome character. The whole story just was magical. The acting, I thought, was really, really good; Every actor was suited to their role.

The movie was based on the Collected Tales of Nurse Matilda by Christianna Brand. After seeing the movie, I think I may take a look at the book.

I def recommend this movie! *Linksquest's stamp of approval* :lol:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Return to General Entertainment