The new VW commericals

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The new VW commericals

Postby everdred12a » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:22 pm

Didn't see a thread like this, so I hope I'm in the clear with this ^_^

I love the new VW commercials. And I hate commercials. The last commercial I liked was the Starbucks commerical with Hank (the one with the guy in the weird suit with the giant head doing the worm). But the VW commercials are just... so awesome. Anyone else like them?

It's time to un-pimp your auto... *destroys car*

everdred12a

Postby Peanut » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:26 pm

I must confess that I love them too...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Yahshua » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:55 pm

I find the commericals to be likeable due to the humorous nature.
Yahshua

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:45 pm

Ja,und es ist sehr much fun ta see the Germans makin' fun ev themsel' as will.
mitsuki lover

Postby Arnobius » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:52 pm

A friend sent me one from Germany (I guess it was too poor taste for America), where a terrorist is set to detonate himself inside a car next to a sidewalk cafe. He presses the button and blows up, but the car is unharmed inside and out, implying the sturdy construction
Arnobius

Postby everdred12a » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:17 am

AnimeHeritic wrote:A friend sent me one from Germany (I guess it was too poor taste for America), where a terrorist is set to detonate himself inside a car next to a sidewalk cafe. He presses the button and blows up, but the car is unharmed inside and out, implying the sturdy construction

That is pretty cool. I wish America could've gotten that commercial, but with our current situation... yeah.

everdred12a

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:25 am

I love VW's new ads here. XD Hearing 'gangsta' talk with a german accent is hilarious. They show how simple design can sometimes be even more 'cool' looking than somethin flamboyant, too.
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby meboeck » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:28 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:A friend sent me one from Germany (I guess it was too poor taste for America), where a terrorist is set to detonate himself inside a car next to a sidewalk cafe. He presses the button and blows up, but the car is unharmed inside and out, implying the sturdy construction

I saw that one. While there is no way that would get on American TV, I thought it was rather funny.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Arnobius » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:59 am

meboeck wrote:I saw that one. While there is no way that would get on American TV, I thought it was rather funny.

Yeah it was funny, even though it was in poor taste. Isn't it odd how something can cause both impressions at once?
Arnobius

Postby Stephen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:58 pm

The new VW commericals rock. The funny thing is, the guy doing the talking played satan in the recent film Constantine. And now you know.
Stephen

Postby everdred12a » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:09 pm

I didn't know that. So I learned something today.

everdred12a

unpimp my auto

Postby desperado » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:40 pm

A awesome commercial from vw. Made me laugh out loud and say "yeeeeeeesssssssssssss" in a very loud voice.
desperado

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:59 pm

Let me hear you sat "Vhat?"
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:14 pm

You could have posted the link.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Lynx » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 pm

oh yeah that one was so funny!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Kkun » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:27 am

V-dub da house, y'all.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby desperado » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:12 am

Oh these commercials make me a very happy person. Mainly since those type of cars and the majority of people that support them (there are legit people though and I have seen fast ones, its just the ignorant people who think there car is the best ever and it downright is horrible) are annoying.

"it is time...to umpimp ze auto..........heh...."
desperado

Postby rii namuras » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:53 am

(XDDD I love those commericals, even though I could never understand what he was saying. I guess I always saw them after a tournament when my brain was fried or something. Now I shall know what he is saying forevermore. Yay!)
rii namuras

Postby Stephen » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:08 am

Wait a second. We already had a thread about this on the *right* board. Let me get the duct tape. Threads combined.
Stephen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:12 am

My bro (Warrior4Christ) showed this to me and I thought it was great! It's good how with the Internet you can watch commercials not shown in your own country.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:27 pm

Those commercials are awesome. At first, I was a little weirded out, but then I just bursted out laughing. :lol:

Ark wrote:The funny thing is, the guy doing the talking played satan in the recent film Constantine. And now you know.

Yeah, and he was in Fargo (that quiet, ruthless villain guy), Armageddon (that cosmonaut guy), Lost World (that compy guy) and Minority Report (that unlicensed doctor guy). Not to mention, he was also Mattias in Mercenaries and in Quake 4, I believe. So, yeah, it's hilarious seeing him in this.
Link Antilles

Postby Tommy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:16 pm

Can someone describe what happened in them? I might`ve seen it.
Tommy

Postby ashfire » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Looking at those adds is the way I feel. Why take a prefectly nice car and make it look something else.
I can't understand why people want wheels and tires that make their car, truck SUV look like a HOT WHEEL toy car.
I guess its because I came up in the age of MUSCLE CARS with Mag Wheels and Slick wide tires, 4x4 trucks and custom vans with the bed in the back.
ashfire

Postby everdred12a » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:05 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:You could have posted the link.

Um, look dude. I didn't know Youtube had them. Sorry. I'm not too surprised that Youtube has them, but isn't this comment just a *little* bit on the harsh side? I don't mean to start an arguement, but I don't really appreciate that comment too much.

Ark wrote:Wait a second. We already had a thread about this on the *right* board. Let me get the duct tape. Threads combined.

I didn't make the duplicate thread, did I? If I did, I'm sorry. I didn't see a thread about VW commercials, so I made this one...

BTW, Yo, Mikey vant us to un-pimp zis thing, let me hear you say 'vhat?' "What?" *car gets annihilated*

everdred12a

Postby Tommy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Okay, I know what commerical that is.

EDIT: That guy is in Armageddon.

Which commercial did you find most funny of the three?
I like II.
Tommy

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:39 am

everdred12a wrote:I'm not too surprised that Youtube has them, but isn't this comment just a *little* bit on the harsh side?

Not really. The trick to communicating over the Internet (or in all print media, really) is not to assume an emotional content to the message. If the message would seem nicer with a smilie, pretend there is one.

In any case, the point of the post was to supply the omitted link.

Now, let me hear you say "vhat".
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby everdred12a » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:54 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:Not really. The trick to communicating over the Internet (or in all print media, really) is not to assume an emotional content to the message.

Ah, but language can be a powerful medium. By putting your opinons and thoughts out like this, you leave them free to interpretation by others. Not to mention the fact that using italicized text puts emphasis on a word.

If the message would seem nicer with a smilie, pretend there is one.

And there's no need to patronize me about it, either.

In any case, the point of the post was to supply the omitted link.

If that is indeed the case, then you could have accomplished it in a much more graceful manner.

Anyway, that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

everdred12a

Return to General Entertainment