Millions

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Millions

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:47 pm

This is a Brittish movie, independent, about two boys that find a lot of money (though not quite a million pounds)

One boy wants to give it away to poor people, the other one wants to spend it... Like other movies that deal with this sort of thing, the origin of the money is predictable, the ensuing conflict is also predictable, but I don't think that necissarily makes it bad... This movie has a great surrealistic visual style, and that lends to the breaking down of the cliche, and the gimic of the saints is an interesting thing as well. The story is decent and holds up under its own merits. Children who lost a parent, someone poor (and a child) finding money, innocence of a child and the corrupting power of money, real value (at least in a humanistic sense)

The only complaint I have is the reduction of one of Jesus' miracles (and, therefore, the definition of miracle) to "people being good", which isn't a miracle even if it is rare. That concept has been really popular for a decade or so (Touched by and Angel and Bruce Allmighty are examples of things that preach this definition while maintaining a Christian framework in other ways, mostly iconic. An example of one that does it in purely humanistic terms would be "Pay it Forward") IN any case, that is my one complaint, though it is a significant one...

For the most part, I loved this movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment