The Ultimate Fighter Season 2

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Ultimate Fighter Season 2

Postby agasfas » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:30 am

Anyways, after the great success of the first season, the Second has started Aug. 22.

So far it looks like it'll be an interesting season. This year the two weight classes are the Heavyweights and the Welterweights.

The coaches are Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin. Both really awesome fighters.

Anyways, has anyone seen the first episode yet or interested in following it?

Episode one has had some really interesting start:
[spoiler]Two of the 9 heavyweights are gone. One got injured the other felt it was too much pressure. Then for the welterweights, Kenny Stevens was choosen as the weakest fighter. Instead of directly cutting him out (like they did season one), they allowed him to challenge any other welterweight. Anyways, he had to loss approx. 25lbs in 2 days and gave up on the last day with only 5lbs to go. So more or less forfeited. [/spoiler]

The first season was pretty entertaining, so I'm trying to imagine whether or not this season be the same.

For anyone who's interested, the website is: Ultimate Fighter
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby agasfas » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:22 am

Ahh man, no has seen the show? :( I wonder if I'm the only one...

Anyways last nights episode had a pretty good fight. I think they changed the rounds to 3 rounds, 5mins each. I believe the first part of last season consisted of 2rounds at first, each being 3 or so minutes.

[spoiler]It was a fight between Welterweights Melvin and Josh. It went the distance, all 15mintues going to the judges score card. Overall the fight was not bad nor too slow. The whole first round Josh basically slammed Melvin on the ground a bunch of times. The second also went to Josh but it seems more evenly match. The third round Melvin got some nice kicks in, landing his shin directly on the side of his face. But that wasn't enough. Melvin lost at the end of the day. Though to be honest I'm kind of glad... All he did was say he was the best and, "Do you know who I am, I don't think you do." Etc... Arrogance is bliss. He wasn't able to back up his talk and he ended up going home.[/spoiler]

So overall, pretty good fight.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Stephen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:20 pm

Heck no your not the only one. I have made a few UFC threads that sunk like rocks. I love MMA. Pride, UFC, KOTC, Superbrawl...if its MMA I will watch it. I own a stack of DVDs that would make most MMA fans proud...and I actively watch the series The Ultimate fighter. I was thrilled at the outcome of episode 2. However, did you know the controversy from a few months back where Jeremy Horn spit on someone? That was Melvins oponent. Btw, Lightbringer is another big MMA fan.
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment