SaveOurLooneyTunes.com

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

SaveOurLooneyTunes.com

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:12 am

Well, here I am again bringing a somewhat dead subject back into the light....

http://saveourlooneytunes.com/

Although I am willing to approach this show with a relatively open mind I can't say the preview I saw (it was posted around the time the original statement was made) did not encourage me.
bigsleepj

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:24 am

Well, WB can do whatever they want with their own characters, but it bothers me a lot that the classics are being actively neglected.

Good thing that Looney Tunes are easily available on DVD, but they should still have them on TV. I remember cracking up at Bugs as a kid, and of course, it was in reruns several times over at that point. It really is timeless.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:27 am

The problem is that these days they're only showing the Loony Tunes that could be ruled as "okay". None of the classics like "What's Opera, Doc" (aka Kill the Rabbit), "One Froggy Evening" are being shown on the local Cartoon Network (which is actually just England's CN Broadcast), just their lesser known cousins.
bigsleepj

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:30 am

What do you mean by, "okay?"
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:45 am

"Okay" as in 5 out of 10 whereas anything that would score 8 or 9 (10 being probably impossible). In other words, all the famous super classics available on DVD don't show on Cartoon Network or Boomerang. I've had Cartoon Network for a year now and I haven't seen one Marvin Martian Cartoon or in fact one Chuck Jones cartoon. That just sucks. off course they're all available on DVD...
bigsleepj

Postby FadedOne » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:12 am

oooh...I think I shall sign this. I totally grew up on Looney Tunes and those were SO much better seeming than the crap cartoons on for kids today. and it's really sad because I haven't seen the shows on lately
And like BigSleepJ said, especially not the GOOD episodes( i have quite a few favourites i've not seen in years and years.. =/). I mean...it seems like they're totally phasing the show out on tv or leaving it for Boomerang channel or DVD, which alot of people can't afford. such a shame.

lol, suppose it's weird to be disappointed over such cartoons, but I think every kid should have a chance to watch at least some. It really shapes your personality. i mean...look at me! XD er well...they're STILL good!

Thanks for the link!
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby Rogie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:32 am

How weird... I'd never even heard about these new Looney Tunes. I don't mind them updating the characters, as long as they would just keep the Looney Tunes Golden Collections coming out on DVD. Even better would be to air them again on Cartoon Network, instead of the silly stuff they air now.

Btw, I don't have the Boomerang channel... Do they air Looney Tunes? I'm thinking they do. I would love to have Boomerang on my cable... *sigh*
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:54 am

I don't see what the big deal is. Just don't watch it.
Looney Tunes is on tv. We watch it all the time on Boomerang.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:14 am

I am glad that WB actually listened to the public and toned the new characters down. They have my respect for listening, which is something that sadly most cooperations never do for the fans.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby dragonshimmer » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:45 am

bigsleepj wrote:The problem is that these days they're only showing the Loony Tunes that could be ruled as "okay". None of the classics like "What's Opera, Doc" (aka Kill the Rabbit), "One Froggy Evening" are being shown on the local Cartoon Network (which is actually just England's CN Broadcast), just their lesser known cousins.

YES! And there's a lot of culture in those episodes. In fact the music from "What's Opera, Doc" was music from a operas by WAGNER, a famous German composer. Oh, heaven forbid cartoons might have some sort of cultural or educational reference in them! *goes off before she starts ranting*
dragonshimmer

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:38 pm

There were also a lot of good Looney Tunes that were made during the World War II era...they contained a lot of stuff that is no longer "politically correct" :shady:

Also, I remember hearing the creators themselves say years ago that these cartoons were NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN. But there are some Looney Tunes that were edited for violence and other stuff at some point and I don't think the original versions even exist anymore. >:\ Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of censorship, or dumbing things down.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Myoti » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:31 pm

Yes, SH. That seems to be an interesting point.

We have a DVD containing literally hundreds of the old cartoons, and it's funny to see just how different they are from today. Seriously, the old Looney Toons really did contain quite a bit of violence (though bloodless), smoking, alcohol, and sometimes "scandalous" things that you can only find on more "adult" oriented cartoons today. Yet at the same time, Looney Tunes is clean compared to those kinds, and it's just funny to see how much today's kids cartoons have been tone-down (though now they cut out alot of "violence" and replace it with crude humor).
Myoti

Postby Sonic_13 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:36 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I don't see what the big deal is. Just don't watch it.
Looney Tunes is on tv. We watch it all the time on Boomerang.

...boomerang? someone actually purchased that? =P
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Return to General Entertainment