Being actaully at a Nascar race is way more fun then watching it on tv

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Being actaully at a Nascar race is way more fun then watching it on tv

Postby Pent » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:50 am

I'm not into Nascar. And niether is my dad. But his friend is really into it. So my dad bought a whole bunch of tickets and got some more people to come, and we all drove down to indianapolis. (Don't know how to spell). Man in real life that is a blast. Shooting by you at 200 mph. It's just a blur. And there is like 44 going by at once. Guys spin out and hit the wall right in front of you, and a whole bunch of cars crash into him. We where on the inside of the track. The track is 2 and 1/2 miles long. It is so massive on the inside. They have a 9 hole golf course in there. And that only takes up a fourth of the inside. Anyways it doesn't make me anymore of a Nascar fan, but if you ever get offered a chance to go to one I would go if I where you.
Pent

Postby Sonic_13 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:46 am

OH heck yeah! I've been to loudon down in new hampshire to watch the Busch series. It is a wicked blast to watch! If you stand down close to the fence rather than at the bleachers its almost like miniature earthquakes occurring. You can barely make out the colors of the cars as they fly by!

I dont see how people couldnt enjoy going to see a race in person...Then again I can see how racing is an acquire taste, for I live about half a mile away from the fastest race track in maine ;P I didn't like it much at first, but seeing Busch or Nascar would blow anyone away =)
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Postby Scribs » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:34 pm

Yeah! nascar rocks.

I have been to Loudon for at least 3 winston/nextel cup races, and have been to numerous races at Beachridge motor speedway, and Oxford Plains speedway (both in Maine).
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Kireihana » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:51 pm

Oh my gosh. If you want to see NASCAR craze... come to my town, home of the Bristol Motor Speedway. I'm not a NASCAR fan myself, but I must admit it's nice getting out of school because of the races (the town population doubles during race weekend; there's too much traffic for the buses). X_x My mom and I like to count how many trailers and RVs we can see on the roads. I've actually never been to a race myself, though. I don't think I could deal with the noise. >_<#
Kireihana

Postby V8Tsunami » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:18 pm

I had a similar experience during an F1 qualifying session. I'd seen F1 on TV before and it was cool, but when I saw them in person I was amazed. They corner at speeds you'd think impossible, they can run through multiple gears in a split second and they sound incredible. The sound is almost otherwordly, not like cars at all.
This message has been brought to you by the Members of the My Job Drives Me Nutz Association. :dizzy::hits_self:lol:

"I probably won't enter heaven nice, clean and neat. More like sliding in sideways saying, man, what a ride" :lol:

@)}~ Carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA moderators.
V8Tsunami

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am

I've been to a CART circuit race before. All I have to say is that I would like to see a road course race live, rather than circuit, though the speed is incredible.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to General Entertainment