Jrotc

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Jrotc

Postby oro! » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:45 am

So, has anyone else been in or is in JROTC in High school? I just started this week. We had to run a mile in formation on the second day. Oww! I was so out of breath....in two weeks we're doing the climbing wall...I hope I don't get hurt!

Any ol' pros have advice? :sweat:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Puguni » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:05 am

No. But I have JROTC in my school. ^^; However, I'm sure you don't really need to do anything other than be a good student.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Zilch » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:09 am

Work out on your off-days. Some pushups, sit-ups, and a mile jog every other day or so will help you out. Not that I'm in the JROTC, it's just common sense, I guess...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Out of curiosity, is there a reason this is under the heading of "General Entertainment?"
Mithrandir

Postby Rachel » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:26 pm

I was in JROTC my last two years of hs. Man what a blast! I can't believe they made you run in formation the second day...craziness! If y'all have a pt team, you could join that and get in shape some.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby oro! » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:37 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a reason this is under the heading of "General Entertainment?"

Well, isn't ROTC generaly entertaining? :lol: :hits_self

But seriously, I think it's kinda sportish, so I thought it would go under the "sport" subcategory.

Sometimes' we can meet before school to exercise, so I guess I could do that.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:37 pm

My school is too small for JROTC. But I've applied for Army and Navy/Marine option ROTC at Purdue and I'm following it all the way through. Even if I don't get the National Scholarship, which is competitive, I can always walk on for the campus one my freshman year.

But like Zilch said run, do situps, pushups, whatever ya gotta do when you're not totally worn out. It might hurt but you get used to it after awhile and if you're wierd like me ya start to enjoy it.:P And it's a good habit just for life in general.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Shadowchild » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:38 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a reason this is under the heading of "General Entertainment?"

I was wondering the same thing...
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Return to General Entertainment