What's your opinion on Zoolander?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

What's your opinion on Zoolander?

Postby WaffleMan » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:46 am

Male modeling I bet has never been put into a movie before, and probably, will never be again. Personally I thought it was one of the most hilarious comedies I've ever seen. Ben Stiller is the man and plays the role to the best it could ever have been. A few xtremely questionable, but skippable parts, without those, would have been better and much more clean.
-didn't see any threads on this topic so just thought I'd bring it up. Maybee yall just didn't like it. :brow:
Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Postby Steeltemplar » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:53 am

Awesome movie. We quoted it around my shop for ages.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby CDLviking » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:52 pm

I watched it once just because so many of my friends quoted it. I won't make a blanket statement like, "It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen," but it tried to hard at being funny, and failed IMO.
CDLviking

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:15 pm

"ehee ehee I got the black lung"
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Sephiroth » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:35 am

i thought it was a funny film.

"Zoolanders school for those who don't read good" lol
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Cedahlia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:19 pm

My friend brought all of us to see it for her Birthday. It was kind of funny, and Ben Stiller rocks, but not the best movie I've seen. x.o
But the part where he chucks the model of the school across the room was hilarious. XD

Derek: What is this?! A center for ants?! How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building?!

Other dude: This is just a small...

Derek: I don't want to hear your excuses! It must be...at least...3 times as big!
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby RoyalWing » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:19 am

Cedahlia wrote:My friend brought all of us to see it for her Birthday. It was kind of funny, and Ben Stiller rocks, but not the best movie I've seen. x.o
But the part where he chucks the model of the school across the room was hilarious. XD

Derek: What is this?! A center for ants?! How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building?!

Other dude: This is just a small...

Derek: I don't want to hear your excuses! It must be...at least...3 times as big!

^ This was the only part I liked.

The rest I think, was not very well. It just wasn't that funny for me for some reason, I finished thinking it was just a waste of time.
RoyalWing

Postby dragonshimmer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:59 am

I didn't think it was the BEST movie ever, but I watched it thinking it was going to be horrible and stupid, and I got somewhat of a pleasant surprise. The content is questionable and squirm worthy at times, but overall, I think it's a cute movie.
dragonshimmer

Postby olorc » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:33 am

I personally really liked it. Very funny and well done in terms of humor.
"I feel like I'm takin' crazy pills."
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:31 pm

"Relax, don't do it, If you want to get to it. Relax"

Loved this movie. Though I must make the disclaimer that it does have sevral disturbing scenes, so watch out. Not a family movie.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:39 pm

piloswine wrote:Loved this movie. Though I must make the disclaimer that it does have sevral disturbing scenes, so watch out. Not a family movie.

ya i would tend to agree with that, but i watched with someone who had seen it before (namely piloswine XD) and he skipped the bad scenes for me so I didn't ahve to suffer.
"you should listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's a cool guy."
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby zelda » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:40 pm

I LOVE that movie!!!!!!!! :lol:
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby enishi » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:51 pm

i liked the movie. will farrel was great in it, and owen wilson and ben stiller make food movies together. its true, theres some content in it, aside from that, it was really funny.
ImageImage
Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
enishi

Postby Twilly Spree » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:16 pm

It's all about the gasoline scene....that's too funny.

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby olorc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:32 pm

"even we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."
~Derek Zoolander
:thumb:
olorc

Postby Scribs » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:50 pm

"you just came to tell me what a bad eugoogilizer I am!"
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby soul alive » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:17 pm

XD this is one of those movies that you can feel your IQ dropping as you watch... lol ... and the other week through a series of bizarre circumstances, i watched it twice in one day, with only an hour or two between watchings... o_0 i felt less intelligent for a few days afterward. but it is pretty darn funny, minus the fast forward scenes.

my favorite part is when Zoolander wakes up and smacks his head on the bunk above him, and falls out of bed.

and my favorite quote: "Hello... Earth to Miranda... it was a day spa. D... A... I... Y... E... "
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Mave » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:33 pm

I have some issues with this movie.

*takes a deep breath*

The Prime Minister of Malaysia does NOT look like some evil Communist Chinese dictator, you idiots!!!!

ok ok fine...I know it's a comedy but I just had to let that one out. My Indonesian friends had a great time making fun of my country while watching this dumb movie (I'm from Malaysia btw). They ought to do a little more research coz it is impossible for the PM to be Chinese. (-__-)\

Attached pics: This is the real PM of Malaysia, Perdana Menteri Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi who recently took over the place of Dr. Mahathir bin Mohammad. The guy on the right, in one of the pics. Hope this was educational.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby meboeck » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:04 pm

I think the movie is really hilarious minus the problem scenes.

Mave wrote:
The Prime Minister of Malaysia does NOT look like some evil Communist Chinese dictator, you idiots!!!!

He only really looked evil in the sequences where Zoolander was brainwashed.

"I used to be bulemic."
"You can read minds?"
meboeck

Postby Scribs » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:13 pm

A Merman father, a merman!
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:34 am

Relax! the hypnosis part was HILARIOUS!
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:57 am

Thank you prime rib of propecia®

Yeah... There's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good-looking... We say that all the time around here, and we just tell each other that they are rediculously goodlooking...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Scribs » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:40 pm

Yeah it is just one of those movies that once you watch it you are quting it left and right.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Return to General Entertainment